DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/21/14

victor

What if, in the weeks leading up to Wrestlemania Bryan and Kane hugged it out and then at Wrestlemania...

...Team Hell No would reunite and face the New Age Outlaws for the Tag Team Championships.

Just imagine how much that match would be shat upon.

They are fucking themselves by insisting on running with Orton/Batista at Mania. Easiest way to fix this is Bryan wins the chamber, beats Batista at Mania, 75,000 crazies do the yes chant. Next night, Batista shakes his hand on Raw, and gives him "respect". He then attacks from behind, powerbombs the hell out of him, and is the new "face of the WWE".

• Like 1

Having Bryan win the title and defend at WM is dumb. WM should be his crowning achievement, the place where he overcame the odds. That's the story they spent a year telling. First there was the Team Hell No story that led to The Weak Link. Then that became him defeating Cena, who is the true king of kings. Then that became The Authority, until he was briefly sidetracked by The Wyatts, but now it's back to the title chase.

I'll even like it if he gets a chance to take out HHH. Or if he beats Kane and that qualifies him for the title match.

I do sorta want to see Orton/Batista by themselves because of the potential reaction.

Also, I love how Batista hasn't wrestled on Raw or Smackdown at all. I assume he hasn't done house shows, either? The guy obviously has a ton of ring rust. They must be really kicking themselves for resigning that turd.

I'm trying to avoid a three-way main event with my fantasy booking. Not sure how you shoehorn Bryan into the main event without the title belt in hand.

Batista is being advertised for a house show in Winnipeg on March 7. Not sure if he's worked any yet.

I'm trying to avoid a three-way main event with my fantasy booking. Not sure how you shoehorn Bryan into the main event without the title belt in hand.

Batista is being advertised for a house show in Winnipeg on March 7. Not sure if he's worked any yet.

He did a house show recently as part of a six man tag, I think. I'm guessing they're keeping him out of the ring on TV to a) keep some of the "returning star" luster on him, and b) avoid having him get booed.

Problem with that is you're looking at the prospect of 75,000 fans who won't want to see Bryan in that match come Mania. They'll cheer him like crazy then shit on the main event to Biblical proportions. 

And that will be worth the price of the WWE Network.

So no Orton in an interview in the ring or what ever? I'm guessing there must be some backstage stuff to pad out the show.

He is also advertised to team with John Cena against Bray and Orton at the house show here in Jonesboro two days later. It was originally supposed to be a six man with them teaming with Punk.

Meltzer insists Bryan vs HHH is definitely booked for Mania. The fights with Kane are probably leading up to that. Nobody wants to see Batista vs Orton.

I can see it. Kane somehow gets in the Chamber to screw Bryan, but Bryan hits him with a flying knee before he can do anything. So Triple H has gotta come down and handle it personally.

Which they could've just done at the Royal Rumble and gotten one of the biggest onscreen reactions ever, but they refused to do so.  Plain and simple, WWE doesn't want to and won't go that route because Batista is in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Bryan vs Hunter is way, way bigger than shoehorning him into the title match.  Hunter has been fucking with him for the better part of a year.  Bryan finally putting Hunter in his place and proving he's more than just a B+ player is the logical payoff.   It's a personal issue and will mean more than the title win in the long run.

• Like 1

Bryan vs Hunter is way, way bigger than shoehorning him into the title match.  Hunter has been fucking with him for the better part of a year.  Bryan finally putting Hunter in his place and proving he's more than just a B+ player is the logical payoff.   It's a personal issue and will mean more than the title win in the long run.

Couldn't one just as logically argue that say winning the Royal Rumble and then beating Brock Lesnar in a title match at WrestleMania could've done the exact same thing?

Couldn't one just as logically argue that say winning the Royal Rumble and then beating Brock Lesnar in a title match at WrestleMania could've done the exact same thing?

Sure and I would have loved him winning the rumble and going on to the title match.  I just feel that since it didn't happen that way the best way to go now is the Triple H match at Mania.  I think that feels like a bigger deal than trying to shoehorn him into a 3 way for the title.

Kane screws Bryan at EC.

Bryan makes Kane tap at Mania.

HHH vows to 'end this joke' at Extreme Rules in Seattle.

Bryan makes HHH tap at ER.

Bryan beats Batista for the title at the next PPV.

You work it out from there.

No.