DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-17-14

MGFanJay

Cesaro is the best, guys. THE BEST. 

I still have Daniel Bryan as the best. Cesaro's ahead of everyone else.

Smiled reading this thread learning for the first time John Cena vs. Cesaro and Daniel Bryan vs. Christian were on this show. Off to watch them.

EDIT. Watched them both. That Cena/Cesaro match was terrific with constant wow moments. Bryan vs. Christian was a great match. Christian's best since his SummerSlam 2013 match with Alberto Del Rio. This one might have been better.

Edited by The Natural

That Cena/Cesaro match was awesome. It's a shame Vince thinks time limit draw's are too rasslin cause I think we all could have lived with a 20 minute draw between them. If there wasn't all this Elimination Chamber stuff going on, Cesaro should be in the number one contenders slot for the IC Title. Big E is dead in the water as champion. Maybe Cesaro gets a shot at him at Wrestlemania. I can't imagine Swagger is leaving champion this sunday.

Has Randy Orton always been taller than Batista? When Dave was standing behind him, Orton had at least a couple of inches on him. Take away the muscle and Batista has the height of a cruiserweight.

It is going to be so disappointing when reality settles in and Wyatts/Shield is just a regular six man match. I feel like they've built it up so well already that they already need some sort of stipulation. *cough*eliminationchamberwargames*cough*

I know they can't do blood, but if they battle out into the crowd and maybe the lobby like an Hardcore Championship match, I'll be satisfied.

If Cesaro stays healthy and they elevate him correctly, this has the potential to be the best year, in-ring that anyone has had in WWE. We're a month and a half in and he hasn't been involved in anything remotely disappointing. He starts getting the chance to work 20 minute PPV mains against Sheamus, Cena or Bryan and then some obligatory WWE gimmick matches then we're in for a banner year. Imagining a Cesaro/Big Show Last Man Standing match is making me very excited.

Question for you all (think I might know the answer with the posts in this topic), the 2014 Match of the Year so far is?

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt, but we're not even through the 2nd ppv yet, so it's kind of empty at this point.

Pretty fun show overall.

Christian going full heel for his match on a dime was pretty cool. Could've done without the overly long Kane beatdown taking the form of a match, though. A couple chair shots would've accomplished exactly the same thing. 

Cena/Cesaro was a good Cena formula match. Would've been better if he got more offense early, though. At some point, it becomes counter-productive to give a guy a lot of offense if you still end up beating him. I actually think Cesaro/Orton was better, but this is definitely worth a watch. Cena's entry to the AA was superb.

Henry/Reigns was solid, but the post-match reactions by the Shield were the highlight. Ambrose's face after the clean pin, Rollins' exaggerated celebrations trolling Ambrose, and then Ambrose doing the gooniest gooning on Henry while Reigns laughed at his impotent rage. I believe that's what's called "doing the little things right."

I didn't watch the Santino/Emma angle in NXT, but are they basically re-enacting the whole thing here? I've heard good things, and goofy Santino romances are usually funny. Still waiting to see Emma have a match.

How quickly has Batista's stock fallen? He went from super-hyped Rumble return/win to 2 minutes of tv time a week if he's lucky.  If you did a list of total tv time this week, Batista would be behind Los Matadores, Fandango, and Jinder Mahal. B-List era indeed.

Orton/Sheamus was good up until the finish. It really felt like a struggle neither guy wanted to lose the whole way, especially after the table spot. Orton dodging the knee lift and hitting the powerslam was vintage Orton in the best way. His timing is so underrated. The post match was kind of Nitro-esque, but I liked it. I wish the Shield and Wyatts stayed apart until the ppv, but if they had to touch, this was the best way to do it. Also says a lot about their status that they get to do it simultaneously with all the main eventers (and Christian).

Roman Reigns waiting in the corner for his opponent to get up to hit the Superman Punch leading to waiting in the corner for his opponent to get up so he can hit The Spear is not working for me.

I wouldn't worry about it. He's still in the process of establishing those two moves (and the lead-up to them). Once he does, he'll never hit them after "winding them up" again. For example: the opponents always reversed the Sweet Chin Music when Shawn Michaels tuned up the band, then he'd hit it out of nowhere a few minutes later. Orton never hits the RKO after his little panic attack thing. That's gonna happen with Reigns too once he establishes those two moves.

This is the Emma/Trish Stratus photo Cole referenced last night

QBId9Nz.png

And I will just post the one of Goldust again... well because it is tiny Emma and Goldust

MLLqJ6b.jpg

So do these photos establish that Emma has better taste in wrestling than AJ? Hanging out with Dustin and Trish is about a thousand times better than crying over meeting Lita.

• Like 6

Roman Reigns waiting in the corner for his opponent to get up to hit the Superman Punch leading to waiting in the corner for his opponent to get up so he can hit The Spear is not working for me.

I wouldn't worry about it. He's still in the process of establishing those two moves (and the lead-up to them). Once he does, he'll never hit them after "winding them up" again. For example: the opponents always reversed the Sweet Chin Music when Shawn Michaels tuned up the band, then he'd hit it out of nowhere a few minutes later. Orton never hits the RKO after his little panic attack thing. That's gonna happen with Reigns too once he establishes those two moves.

Why is that supposed to make it better? That just means a whole lot more of Roman Reigns standing in the corner as WWE does their standard trope of zooming in way too far and way too long as a guy makes goofy faces.

Why is that supposed to make it better? That just means a whole lot more of Roman Reigns standing in the corner as WWE does their standard trope of zooming in way too far and way too long as a guy makes goofy faces.

I assumed your issue with it was having those two "wait for your opponent to stand up while I taunt" moves back-to-back. Which won't happen for long. But yeah, if you don't like the concept of those moves at all, then there's probably no good news for you, because every WWE main eventer does it. It makes for dramatic television.