DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

I'll calm down in a minute but Becky Lynch made her debut at the NXT tapings tonight. Sasha and Summer Rae both broke character and visually marked out when Becky's music hit - Sasha is famed for never breaking character. Becky beat Summer Rae with an Exploder suplex - her signature move on the indies.

Bo7ZlynIYAAiU_9.jpg

Bo7ZllgIAAAeYwH.jpg

Bo7Zi6TIMAAyuYG.jpg

So crazy about two years ago I thought Rebecca was utterly completely done with Wrestling leaving this legacy of this incredible young Wrestler who sadly retired. 

• Like 2

'Forrest Griffined'*

*for those not familiar, plus if might just be a term me and my friends use. Forrest Griffin always seamed to be an average fighter tell he got blooded then it seemed like once he saw his own blood he got an extra gear or something.

I first read this as "Forrest Girlfriend" and imagined Rose acting like Forrest Gump when somebody got a little too touchy with Jenny.

• Like 1

Tonight's NXT tapings was better than Takeover overall I thought. Three good Neville matches vs Gabriel, Kidd and even RVD. Plus all the returns and debuts were pretty good, especially my boy

Enzo amore. I haven't marked out that much in a while

I like Neville but it's amazing how more over the divas are than him. Especially Paige who got a superstar reaction. Oh and Big Dave Batista is gonna be in the house on June 12th. That's gonna be a hell of a birthday present for me.

I'm psyched that Simon Gotch finally debuted(and teaming with Aiden, no less).  Saw him as Ryan Drago in my area, very entertaining character.

-PB

Going by what I've heard and his Twitter. He genuinely seems like the nicest and most humble guy. For his non-in ring stuff his acting and comedy chops he is among the more unique WWE signings ever.

Really looking forward to catching Becky/Summer, sounds great. Becky will be a fantastic addition in the ring.

Long technical matches is what she excels in. Would be awesome to see her in a NXT Takeover length Women's match.

Takeover was a fun show that felt more urgent and better produced than anything has on the main roster these days.

I really liked the hype video for Sami Zayn. It had a UFC pre-fight video package feel to it that I think the WWE would be wise to continue utilizing in the future.

As far as matches, match of the night was probably Zayn/Breeze, but that was not without its flaws. The match felt clunky at times, and I never had a sense of what they were building towards...

The women's match. While I admire that they are letting these girls go and have lengthier matches, we need to be careful with the "oh my god! Long women's match! This is great!" reactions. Yes, these matches are better than what we are accustomed to, but I would not call Charlotte and Natalya a good much, less great match. It had a very Davey Richards/IWA-MS Era Chris Hero "look at all of the moves/holds we know" vibe to it. Very little done here served much purpose, told me much of a story, or built into anything that resembled smart chain wresting. 

• Like 1

So crazy about two years ago I thought Rebecca was utterly completely done with Wrestling leaving this legacy of this incredible young Wrestler who sadly retired. 

I forget how many years ago I saw both Rebecca Knox and Fergal Devitt in a middle school gym in Roanoke, VA @ one of the NWA ~ VA shows

• Like 1

I still don't understand how 'two wrestlers with their technical wrestling expert father figures looking on trying to live up to that legacy by out wrestling each other with basic submissions and holds only to get more and more intense and desperate' doesn't constitute a story. It was one of the more obvious in ring stories I've seen WWE do in ages. 

Not sure how it was video gamey, either. They were on the mat for most of the match. Did I miss the release of the WWE2k14 'armbars and chain wrestling' DLC?

If you didn't dig it, you didn't dig it, and I guess it's dumb to argue the 'why' of not digging it, but enough people have mentioned 'no story/video game' that I'm worried I'm taking crazy pills.

• Like 4

I still don't understand how 'two wrestlers with their technical wrestling expert father figures looking on trying to live up to that legacy by out wrestling each other with basic submissions and holds only to get more and more intense and desperate' doesn't constitute a story. It was one of the more obvious in ring stories I've seen WWE do in ages. 

Not sure how it was video gamey, either. They were on the mat for most of the match. Did I miss the release of the WWE2k14 'armbars and chain wrestling' DLC?

If you didn't dig it, you didn't dig it, and I guess it's dumb to argue the 'why' of not digging it, but enough people have mentioned 'no story/video game' that I'm worried I'm taking crazy pills.

Its not just you.

Its not just you.

Make it 3. I expected it from Hollywood, but everyone else is perplexing me.

From reading the spoilers, the BFF are definitely breaking up in the future.   Has it be determined who is going to be on the babyface/heel side.  I can't imagine Summer Rae ever being a babyface and Sasha has been great lately as a heel and hopefully stays that way

It seemed like they were writing off Summer from NXT and have Sasha as the heel and Charlotte as the babyface. Of course, I thought Paige was gone after forfeiting the title but there she was last night. I guess both Charlotte and Sasha could stay heel since NXT is really lacking in heel divas.

Where the hell is Corey Graves? Once again he wasn't used at this set of TV tapings.

Is he injured? I hope he's not about to get future endeavored.

He is out with Concussion. I believe suffered at Wrestlemania Access NXT show. Has had a history of concussions. Not yet cleared and seemingly has no signs of being cleared anytime soon.

Is there any footage of two divas stopping, breaking character, and marking out because a new diva debuted? I feel like I'd have to see it before I believe anything Rovert says about her and Devitt

Matt D wants his gimmick back.

I've been 100% right Devitt so far too.

All of the behind the scenes and post match stuff had Charlotte really portrayed as sympathetic. Frustratingly so on some levels.

NXT rolled out new 10x8s at the tapings that had Charlotte posing like babyface for whatever it is worth.