DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

Loved Charlotte/Nattie. It exceeded any expectations I could have had. Flair was great in second role cheering Charlotte on and taunting Nattie and Bret. It made the post match with handshakes and hug a bit weird, but Charlotte and Flair were just damn emotional you couldn't be bothered by it.

NXT still cares about Adam Rose, but Camacho was a man tonight.

Ascension/Team Lucha was alright.

Zayn/Breeze was fucking fantastic, but it might not even be match of the night.

Lana was the devil with the red dress on.

Mojo Rawley died for our sins, and hopefully the beatdown turns him into a Russian, with red sickle singlets and all.

pray_for_mojo.png

But Lana and Rusev were like...

2428800-7469665482-drago.jpg

Charlotte/Nattie was so great and vicious. This might have been my match of the night. I'll have to rewatch the show, but Ric Flair's celebration was awesome.

Main event was a little flat again, but everything else was so awesome. 

Big thumbs up for Takeover, and William Regal's commentary.

• Like 1

I did get confused when Natalie was for some reason in the figure four but acting as if Charlotte was the one trapped in the figure four. Bret Hart looked so confused out there, he was actually tweeting during the match apparently.

I will need to watch that Divas match again as I feel it was clunky at most points and very video game-ish in the MOVEZ~! department. The workrate is there, but nothing really meant anything.

I think you have to use a sliding scale a bit. It was far from perfect and had some clunkiness and video game stuff. But it's also Natalya, who has been better but is usually pretty bad, and Charlotte, who hasn't done anything nearly as good as this before. They brought intensity and fire and had some fun family rivalry stuff with the submissions. That match is pretty much a miracle match between a not-very-good veteran and someone who is still pretty green that they also tied into a long-running family rivalry.

While I love watching Sami have fun on the Fallout show,  I really thought this was the beginning of a feud between him and Adam Rose.  Nobody should be that happy losing a match that important.

Paul just keeps looking at Renee and I have no idea what the reaction is.  

Oh man, Sami busting out some dance moves on the post-show while Heyman looks on in disgust. Fantastic.

And selling his head an hour later. (Or he was having problems with his IFB.)

I hope Sara Del Rey gets a ton of credit for that women's match too.

While I love watching Sami have fun on the Fallout show,  I really thought this was the beginning of a feud between him and Adam Rose.  Nobody should be that happy losing a match that important.

Paul just keeps looking at Renee and I have no idea what the reaction is.  

I think they start tagging rather than feuding.

I thought Natalya vs Charlotte was great, lots of trading of holds and some vicious slaps. I didn't really see any video game stuff other than whatever Sami Zayn was trying to do in his match.

Who is that make-up artist and why isn't she on TV every week? 

That was Leyvonna Zakari, they just signed her.

Tyler Breeze is the best.

His voice is just like a male version of Sandy's from "Daria." He should come out with a valet that is introduced as "a member of the Fashion Club."

Charlotte/Nattie was good, but this show needed more Sasha Banks.