DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

Ryan Katz, formerly known as XPW's GQ Money and WSX's Fabian Kaelin.

Holy shit?! They got the awesome explosion dude from WSX and they're not putting him on camera???? Insanity!

He's been amongst the Rosebuds on occasion. Speaking of which, Captain Comic of the Rosebuds is Jody Kristofferson.

Ryan Katz, formerly known as XPW's GQ Money and WSX's Fabian Kaelin.

Holy shit?! They got the awesome explosion dude from WSX and they're not putting him on camera???? Insanity!

This. I might be, like, the last person in the world who still has a soft spot in his heart for XPW, but GQ Money and Kaos were great there. I'd love if they could find a spot for the dude as a manager, he has the chops.

Finally got a chance to check out NXT, since my brother has been pimping it to me. I've always like Alicia Fox, so it's nice to see her getting better. Bliss might be my new favorite, though. I loved that flip she did off the ropes, maybe a diva with a 450?

Rest of the show was good, but I'm definitely going to have to go back and check up on what's been going on. Still, it trips me out to see PAC as a champion in WWE, even if it's just down on NXT.

Charlotte's vocalizing is pretty funny. GET THIS BLUEBERRY OFF ME made me laugh. Then, Charlotte proceeded to basically kill Alexa Bliss. The height difference reminded me of Nash vs. Rey to some degree.

While Aiden English was doing his thing, some kid yelled GO BACK TO THE LOCKER ROOM in what was the least mean insult I've heard from the audience in awhile. Then English rhymed "see" with "see," which was genius. Those two things alone made it worth having to watch Mojo Rawley. 

Tyler Breeze calling Canada "basically a bunch of Michael Ceras" was also funny and momentarily made me stop hating this dude for calling himself the Sultan of Selfies. A phone-obsessed narcissist is a pretty great heel for today. They need to pair him with a woman that does duckfaces while taking pictures of herself to top this off. Maybe Breeze can start hashtagging his own promos. If he ended each one with "Hashtag King of Kuteville" (I assume that's how this character spells "kute" because he's a douche) or some such thing like that, it would be enjoyably infuriating, at least to me. 

Tyson Kidd is a solid hand, but I honestly would have rather seen Breeze and Zayn go at it straight up. I get that they're trying to use some of their lower card guys as fodder for the people they want to push on NXT, but I don't see a point to Kidd going over Bo Dallas cleanly or being in the title mix. 

Big Cass's act loses something without Enzo Amore. He reminds me of Lance Archer/Hoyt, which I guess isn't a great thing. He did get some nice height on that high knee, though. I actually enjoyed CJ Parker coming out with a protest sign during this match the most just for Regal's venomous "Go away, hippie!"

The triple threat was standard fare. I think Breeze is figuring out how to balance his high-flying stuff with offense where he's just a mean, vicious little bastard. He's a guy that is becoming more interesting in his work from week to week, at least for me. I wish there was less of one guy playing dead while the other two fight during these WWE triple threats. I also hate some of the three-man spots because they seem contrived, like the exploder/German suplex spot. I'm not too excited about Kidd/Neville, but it will be serviceable at worst. I found myself waiting for Corey Graves interference that never came. 

This show was okay. Even a less exciting NXT show is worth watching, so I enjoyed it well enough.

• Like 1

Liked the Charlotte/Alexa match this week. Charlotte & Sasha are always the highlight of the show for me every week while Alexa seems awesome so far in her brief appearances, looking forward to her being on more regularly.

Isn't shit like a Zayn heel turn what NXT is for? I'm sure they realize he's a babyface going forward but why not try him as a heel in NXT see what he can do? Let him pick up some heel tactics from the agents down there. It's just good experience, on the job training.

I just don't understand why they would go that way yet.  Actually, the only heel turn that would be adventageous to anyone would be for Mojo Rawley to turn heel and stop staying so hype.

When I see Kidd all I can think is what Bryan was saying on Jericho's podcast the other day. How a talented wrestler in developmental  (the example he used was Zayn) has a much rougher road ahead of him because of just how great the roster is right now.

Kidd makes everything look so effortless and is whipping out all sorts of stuff that only a few year back I would have been hyping Today's he's just a talented guy lacking a character and any semblance of how to bring a crowd into a match.

Ricardo needs to stick with Spanish for his promos if he's gonna do anything beyond yell Alberto Del Rio's name. Oof. 

I want him to figure out his 'masked guy' schtick, too. Kalisto has a wind up walk and lucha arms. La Parka strutted and played chair guitars. El Local needs to be more than just Ricardo in a mask.

I think it's the best way to go with Zayn as a character right now, and it makes total sense. He can't beat Cesaro, he can't put himself into a position for the title, so therefore he goes to the dark side for that last bit of whatever.

The only thing that's missing is someone who would be the impetus to turn Zayn to the dark side who would give him what he needs to take that last step he can't get to himself. Am I crazy or is this not a job for Regal to play the Heenan/Gary Hart role in this scenario?

This was a pretty good week for Mojo Rawley who probably had his best match up yet with Aiden English.  He did a whole lot less selling and a whole lot more driving forward with impact moves like shoulder tackles, clotheslines and a hell of a cross body block.  The sit down splash is still not a good finish for Mojo and I think we all know that.  Aiden is coming off to me like a poor man's Rick Rude when Rude was putting on rear chinlocks all match long.  I'm kind of tired of the singing gimmick since he sings the same way every time and its pretty worn at this point.

Big Cass looked good this week but needs to find a way to integrate the chants into his match rather than grinding the match to a halt and then S_A_W_F_T and then hit a basic thing like a kick or forearm.  Something like Sheamus' forearms in the ropes would be perfect for the crowd to go along with.  The high knee looked really good.

Charlotte and Alissa worked a nice squash.  This led me to thinking about Ric and how he would give guys like The Italian Stallion so much in a TV match that it would make other guys like Sting look bad because if everyone can beat up Ric, why can't anyone take the belt off him?  There is a time to give a guy very little and Charlotte gave Alissa just barely enough without making her look as good as Emma or Paige who should be higher on the pecking order.  The emphasis on the abdominal stretches and back breakers were pretty impressive.

Ascension squash made me want to see the job guy they beat up more.  The flip off the Fall of Man was pretty impressive.  I have no faith in the Ascension any more after their disaster of a match with The Usos.  Split them up and make Konnor into The Finisher from Slam City.

Bo Dallas had a great back stage segment with JBL.  Great whiny, sincere, dick whistling.

Three way was decent, Tyson Kidd has no business going over other than being a fresh face in the scene.  

It wasn't just the end, but the fact that in his pre-match promo he kept talking about how he gets obsessed with things, how the NXT title is becoming a new obsession, and how he wouldn't stop until he got it.

I don't think he necessarily needs someone to do something to trigger the heel turn, because I think it will end up being guys like Clay and Kidd getting the shots that does it.

And I think at this point that they have had him on the 'good effort but not good enough' track for long enough that it seems earned that he would be frustrated.  By the same token, there is no reason he should be getting title shots or anything at this point with a win-loss record that has to be sub .500.  His character keeps allowing itself to be put into bad situations because he can't back down from anyone but the powers that be can't overlook his record when it comes to earning shots.

I can see Zayn getting involved in the title match, whether it's on his own, or an established heel gets involved, then he comes out to stop them, only to accidentally/on purpose play a role in the finish.

I think Alexa is joining Renee in my list of current WWE Diva crushes.

I have to assume that Alexa Bliss is what Tiffany would have been if the WWE developmental didn't suck at the time

I agree that if Richardo is going to do the El Local gimmick that he needs to not speak in English.  His voice is extremely noticable to hide in a mask.  And it isn't like we are supposed to know he is El Local either.   Unfortunately I don't remember Samaury Del Sol have any promo skills in the indies.