DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

I'm not sure if WWE doesn't want these out or not, but if they don't, that's outright silly. Releasing a bunch of these every 2-3 months can only help the wrestlers in the sense that it gets a buzz going for them. I'm now kinda foaming at the mouth for a Yoshi Tatsu heel turn. That's a good thing that I care about Yoshi Tatsu, not a bad thing.

I keep waiting for his release so Naofumi Yamamoto can return to NJPW. That dude had potential.

• Like 1

CESARO VS. YOSHI -- Antonio starts the match by throwing in the Don't Tread On Me flag. The ring announcer picked it up. Cesaro took offense and started bullying him. It was REALLY good bullying, too. Just really dickish jock stuff. Regal leaves the announce table and saves the announcer. This was a squash and they put over Cesaro HARD. Cesaro kept on giving hard looks to Regal, who looked frightened and worried about a potential match from someone he earlier admitted was better than he had ever been. GREAT subtext to the feud here. I absolutely cannot wait for that match. Renee gets over the fear, too.

Bo Dallas cut one of his ridiculous promos ("We're All Winners!" "It's like 'The Voice' but without Cee-Lo Green!") until he's interrupted by CJ Parker doing some Phish fan nonsense. CJ's really funny here, too, leaving the interview by saying "Koo koo koo choo." It's sort of bad Bo Dallas is doing this on NXT. I mean, I love it to death. But no character has ever done better with a face/heel flip since The Rock's heel turn. He went from being absolutely awful to one of the best characters in years overnight.

BO VS. CJ -- This match was a decent, short affair. Bo added in these short-arm elbows that were a little like how Wade used to do the Bullhammer. It adds a really vicious looking touch to a character who believes he's the best possible person. CJ got in some decent looking offense and had a near fall on Bo after a DDT variation. Bo won with his bulldog. I really wish Bo just timed the kick-out a beat later to REALLY put over how in jeopardy he was. He's a great cowardly, escape-by-the-skin-of-his-teeth type. He's almost there.

EMMA has an interview where she talks about the BFFs giving her head injuries. Paige interrupts to tell her how then she'll have no excuses during their inevitable rematch. The NXT Divas division is so perfect. Summer Rae has manipulated the entire division perfectly -- now the two faces don't like each other, making them easier to divide and conquer. Hopefully they eventually do the Emma/Paige/Bailey vs. BFFs.

NATTIE shows up to talk to Paige about her off-screen rudeness. They argue. Paige's POV: You don't care about this because you're all about Total Divas. Nattie's POV: I do care! Paige lays down a challenge for the title later in the match. Nattie came off REALLY well here. Her delivery was completely natural and organic.

TYLER BREEZE vs. KASSIUS OHNO -- Regal talks about Breeze being good looking Renee: "This charming man!" They are the ABSOLUTE BEST. Rusev jumps Kassius from behind during his entrance. Breeze stands in the ring still taking selfies. Breeze hits a super quick Beauty Shop for the win.

The BFFs (now w/ Charlotte) are judging photos on a phone. Summer tells Charlotte to get off-screen. Why? Because he's Bailey, demanding she talk with Charlotte. Summer Rae and Sasha act all mean girl, insulting (properly) Bailey's cat sweater. Bailey then tells them about a tag match. She has some mystery partner.

SAMI ZAYN and ADRIAN NEVILLE are backstage to address their match. Neville talks about how they go back a long ways but this title means so much, etc. Sami essentially says the same exact thing. Sami is SO much more natural and convincing. The guy has this incredibly rare and awesome feeling as coming off like himself. Neville was okay but still fairly forced.

HUNICO and CAMACHO vs. THE ASCENSION -- All four of these guys are snoooooozes.

ADRIAN NEVILLE VS. SAMI ZAYN -- This match was AWESOME. This was the best friggin' ECWA Super 8/WCW Cruiserweight match in decades. Breathtaking spots, great psychology, etc. Great stunning upset, too. Sami puts together another NXT MOTY type of match -- he's absolutely perfect at his role right now. Dude's a star.

I know this is beating a dead horse at this point, but why put Eva Marie and JoJo on the Divas show when they could have easily given the gig to, I dunno, Bailey and Emma? How many times is WWE going to do this deal where they put no-names on reality shows and attempt to make names out of them - only to suddenly remember "oh, they have no experience at all." Then they send 'em to developmental and 9/10 times they fizzle out and get released. The storyline of the Bellas (or whoever else) being afraid of Eva Marie doesn't work because other than being attractive, Eva Marie has no redeeming factors as it pertains to sports entertainment. She can't act. She can't talk. She can't wrestle. Why not throw a trainer performer in that spot so that they can actually capitalize off the show by putting her on TV and not having her be obviously out of her league. 

Because Eva and Jojo look significantly better than Bayley and Emma. Really the only reason.

But I do wonder why the other girls couldn't be on the show as well. 

I see Paige, Emma, and Sasha on Tweet talking about they can't wait to come to the main roster. For what? You won't be allowed to do your thing. We better enjoy these girls while we can

Show was pretty good as they started the Cesaro/Regal burn and had a killer main event. If you're gonna do big spots, make them look good. These looked fucking awesome. They told a decent enough story, too. Sami is really good at putting over the other guy's stuff, but he can tend to overact a bit. This time around, he was a little bit more subtle than normal and it was really great to see.

The Ascension, though. MAN are they a black hole. God bless Renee for trying to put them over, though.

I'm really surprised that they didn't wait on the title shot for Neville until the 200th show, where Regal and Cesaro are scheduled to go at it. Make it a big deal. I guess they really wanted to make sure that match went on last, though.

Yeah, I don't think they look "significantly better" than Emma, and Bailey is just adorable.

Personal preference. I know I wouldn't think twice. Emma is cool though. Not saying she is ugly or anything. Rather have her titties than the other girls.

But yea,

Not to bring up old things, but I am going back to the start of the year to watch all of the NXTs. First episode of the year the Shield basically NWO-ed the entire NXT roster. Then who comes out to save the day? Big E. Stare down between Big E and the Hounds of Justice. They retreated. Would be nice to see this carry over to the main roster.

Yeah, I don't think they look "significantly better" than Emma, and Bailey is just adorable.

Personal preference. I know I wouldn't think twice. Emma is cool though. Not saying she is ugly or anything. Rather have her titties than the other girls.

But yea,

Not to bring up old things, but I am going back to the start of the year to watch all of the NXTs. First episode of the year the Shield basically NWO-ed the entire NXT roster. Then who comes out to save the day? Big E. Stare down between Big E and the Hounds of Justice. They retreated. Would be nice to see this carry over to the main roster.

Roman was the most hesitant. The hoss showdown is inevitable and will be phenomenal.

Oh, and back to the message board sexism, in regards to Bayley...

Show was pretty good as they started the Cesaro/Regal burn and had a killer main event. \

So what is up with Regal. Is he still "active" or does he just wrestle here and there. I wonder how often he trains.

Regal is sort of the gatekeeper. He shows up to stand up against someone or gets attacked and ends up in a blow-off feud, usually before they end up getting a call-up.

His FCW stuff w/ Dean Ambrose was amazing. Their blow-off match was one of the great matches of the decade. It was such an awesome story with a truly inventive and horrifying ending -- Regal realized Dean has taken the mantle of most villainous person in the business, accepts his defeat as he's on his knees and takes the trembler right to the forehead. His stuff w/ Ohno is great. His stuff with The Wyatt Family is terrific.

His NXT role is absolutely perfect. He's aware to realize how many terrible things he did to get ahead in the business and is fine with it. I also love his relationship with Renee. A professional-yet-flirtatious relationship.

This is possibly the best stuff of Regal's career. Think about that.

Yea he is such an underappreciate dude to the common wrestling fan. I love listening to him doing color. I just heard him talk about how pretty Mason Ryan's muscles were but he knew that didn't come out the right way. He just knows the business man. Comedy, calling actual matches, pointing out the correct names of moves. He is just special.

I like him here because if he were on the main roster calling matches he wouldn't be what he is now. 

Back to the actual show, who do we think is next in line to be called up or maybe more importantly receive a sustained push? I like Woods but he's saddled with a dead gimmick and will probably flounder around the midcard.

Rusev is the good bet IMO.

Isn't there a rumor that Solomon Crowe will be called up soon as part of a tag team?

I would like Bo Dallas called up as a delusional face and returning to his feud with a returning Wade Barrett, leading to a double turn.

No idea where the "Solomon Crowe called up in a tag team" rumor originated, but the odd wording of it makes me think that, if true, he'd be joining an existing group. Like, say, as Roman Reigns' replacement in the Shield, or Erick Rowan's in The Wyatt Family.