DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

It's wrestling. Of course that counts as news.

Also it IS true. A good portion of the NXT roster WILL be in game. The announcement is currently planned for NXT Takeover II (it is like NXT is taking over the WWE video game or something.....).

It's wrestling. Of course that counts as news.

Also it IS true. A good portion of the NXT roster WILL be in game. The announcement is currently planned for NXT Takeover II (it is like NXT is taking over the WWE video game or something.....).

Where did you read, hear, or find this?

Every day, I get more stoked about initially saying "Fuck it" and pre-ordering 2K15 after the Sting commercial, but a good amount of the NXT roster being on the game would just take me over the top with glee and childlike excitement. 

You know, instead of being a dick to the dude like other people in other threads,I'm not only going to believe Rovert on this , I'm going to say the following:

Thank you for the info, man.

Rovert is always right about NXT shit despite people ignoring it for the sake of goofing on him.

• Like 2

That Vaudevillains/Cassady and Amore match just made me want to see them wrestle except for twenty minutes. Loved the quick pace and the varied double-team moves that they did even in that small amount of time. I know the pacing won't be like that over a longer match, but I really liked what I saw from them. Cassady always seemed lost as a singles guy, but he is a solid big man archetype in a big man/little man tag team. 

I didn't read the spoilers, so I'm genuinely intrigued at the GM reveal next week. I think the GM concept is played out, but I still care. I wish Triple H had announced the replacement of the GM position with a championship committee. 

Watching Tyson Kidd on NXT makes me want a Tyson Kidd push on the main shows. He's very slowly getting more comfortable cutting promos and he is just awesome in ring. I went from not being too interested in him to really looking forward to him after the last three months or so of NXT television. Loved Tyson outsmarting Breeze at almost every point for the first three minutes before Breeze got frustrated and gave up, but the best was Tyson celebrating like he just beat Brock Lesnar for the WWE WHC. This was another short match that made me think that I wanted to see a longer match between the same guys. 

I wanted to like Charlotte and Becky Lynch, but the match just felt disjointed, and Byron Saxton was being pretty shitty at heelish color commentary during the match besides, which made it tougher to watch. Charlotte is so awkward during mat wrestling exchanges; I don't know if her length is the issue or what. I much preferred their little counter exchange they had while standing up back in the corner. That felt more crisp. I look forward to seeing them have a more cohesive match in the future. 

Oh, Mojo. He's still trying to figure things out. So many people do such awesome character work in NXT, and he still sounds like a dude in a backyard fed yelling generic promos into a camcorder. I'm rooting for him, though. On another note, I think instead of a sit-down splash, the Hyperdrive should be a Muta-style corkscrew elbow. There aren't enough people using the Corkscrew Elbow. While we're at it, he should alternately consider using a slingshot suplex as a finish because somebody needs to be using it as a finish in WWE or NXT, damn it.

Zayn and Sin Cara doing really crisp matwork was fun to watch. I know there's not really room for Zayn up on RAW/Smackdown, but he really sticks out like a sore thumb as a guy who probably should have been up on the main roster a few months ago. Callisto did a bunch of really cool shit. Callisto and Sin Cara are going to be a super-good tag team once they get used to one another, and I really want to see them versus Harper and Rowan right now. Harper and Rowan trying to swat these two out of the sky and slow the match down would be a perfect style matchup. 

As for Adam Rose, I love the idea that he's fun-loving and goofy until he smells a shot at some gold, at which point he reaches into the depths of his soul and taps into Leo Kruger so that he can stomp the shit out of you. Anyway, this match was super fun. 

With Smelly McUgly on the show. Neither here nor there in ring outside of the main event which in itself could have been leagues better. Given it is a Developmental show the idea all the matches were under practiced seems applicable this week.

Passed on pictures of a deliberately random Japanese tour to Becky Lynch which she Instagram'd that she did at EIGHTEEN where she was teaming with Gran Hamada and Aja Kong to face The Brazos:

BvbkRxsIYAIYv-3.jpg

53.jpg

Her two year run on the Indies is such a head spinner in terms of all the places is was booked and the impression she made on fans and Wrestlers. Still waiting on her to WOW on NXT TV.

More pictures:

http://kaikiha.com/report/iwgp/20051119.htm

We start with BIG CASS AND ENZO against THE VAUDEVILLAINS. This is one of the most fun really short matches ever. Raven vs. Kaz on that WCW Worldwide is still the king of the format. This doesn't touch that, but it's still a lot of fun. It's like half a sprint. Cass has control of Gotch via his size. He and Enzo break out a really cool move where Cass just tosses Enzo into Gotch in the corner. Enzo then goes to the top as Cass has Gotch. But English sneaks in, dropkicks his partner on top of Cass, which distracts Enzo. Gotch catches Enzo (and they're the same size) and that sets up THAT'S A WRAP. That was a lot of stuff in one match that lasted like three minutes. I really want to see a LP format.

THE LEGIONNAIRES then run our from nowhere and jump Kass/Enzo to further their beef. And THEY SHAVE ENZO'S BEARD! "That's all he has left! Literally!" Renee rules. I'm really, really excited for some hair match between these guys.

HHH then comes out for an announcement. The crowd -- rightfully -- goes nuts. He goes over the NXT Takeover show and mentions a new GM. Nothing special, but whatever.

Okay, will finish later. I'm watching the Little League World Series. I can't begin to tell you how into this I -- and all of Philly -- am/is. It's been so much fun and great and makes me feel like a kid all over again.

I liked Charlotte/Becky. It wasn't great, but it wasn't supposed to be. Becky's still the rookie learning the ropes against a natural born champion whose daddy is the greatest to ever live. They had some really fun, nice exchanges. I love Charlotte's finisher.

The tag match was a lot of fun. This was the best Kallisto has looked, by far. I haven't really bugged out for a guy pulling out moves like that in a while.

They've gone back on Solomon Crowe again:

BvnUNsEIIAAvYc1.jpg

Hacker gimmick gone (again)

Leather vest gone - I guess due to Seth Rollins

Now yells "Pro Wrestling" in matches and talks about Pro Wrestling in his promos

he's giving a "large RVD" vibe in this pic

• Like 1

He made a dark match on the TV tapings but yeah I don't think they see anything in him except "really solid wrestler"

If that's the case, WWE's loss will be the indies gain when Sami Callihan is available again. It's ashame because I thought they really had something with the hacker character.

He made a dark match on the TV tapings but yeah I don't think they see anything in him except "really solid wrestler"

If that's the case, WWE's loss will be the indies gain when Sami Callihan is available again. It's ashame because I thought they really had something with the hacker character.

It's a great idea for a character. Solomon Crowe had a really cool look. But he was in some of the leaked interviews they escape periodically and was absolutely awful. He had a set-up in "The Crowe's Next" with some computer equipment with him and A Clockwork Orange-style vibe. But the dude could barely get by any of the material and what little he did was mumbly garbage. And there's no "IT'S THE WRITERS!!!" excuse, since those things are all improv. It's a money gimmick -- particularly in this Anonymous era -- but put in the hands of someone who couldn't come close to pulling it off.

I hope they repackage the gimmick and give it to someone who can speak.

Byron and Renee need to learn that people care about who wins in the ring, not who wins their fucking arguments. I was pumped that Riley was no where to be found this episode, but Saxton was just as bad. It can't be that hard to just watch old tapes of Heenan- or even Ventura if all of their Heenan footage was lost in a fire- and go 'oh that's how you do this.'

Otherwise? Loved the show.

Also, would love to see Team Lucha vs Kidd/Gabriel on the main roster. 

Byron and Renee need to learn that people care about who wins in the ring, not who wins their fucking arguments. I was pumped that Riley was no where to be found this episode, but Saxton was just as bad. It can't be that hard to just watch old tapes of Heenan- or even Ventura if all of their Heenan footage was lost in a fire- and go 'oh that's how you do this.'

The NXT announcing used to be really interesting, even if it wasn't always good. Everybody seemed to have some individuality and it was neat to listen to the different combinations have to learn to work with each other while developing their own identities in the booth. Now, though, it's pretty obvious they're all starting to become WWE-standardized and it's getting annoying. I guess when you have to look up to the god-awful Cole/Lawler/JBL trio as what your company is going to push as top announcing, your prospects are doomed to fail.

This show was fun, though. The Kalisto/Sin Cara team is really impressive. Kalisto is just super fun (God, I hope we get to see him and KENTA work each other), and Sin Cara II looks a lot more motivated on NXT. Both guys have great chemistry and do a great job looking like they catch their opponents off guard with all their big moves.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see the Vaudevillains dispatch Cass/Enzo so quickly. Hopefully whoever wins the tourney will mercifully end The Ascension's title reign.

Charlotte/Becky was pretty good too (really liked the opening mat exchanges where it looked like they were both actually trying to win), even though I don't really like what they're doing with either character. The term "flair guns" was great, although it would've been infinitely better if they cut out all the other aspects of the Flair tribute act. It's so unnatural for her and it's counter-productive at this point. Also not sure why they insist on making Becky do some ridiculous mannerism a hundred times a match that doesn't accomplish anything. First it was the Irish jig, now it's the head-banging. She's a ball of energy with a lot of fighting spirit. That's all you need with her level of technical skill.

I love the Vaudevillains gimmick, I just fear they aren't good enough in the ring or charisma wise to cut it on the main roster. They still come across as way too forced at times for my liking.

Kalisto and Sin Cara make a fun team, and could have been really awesome on the main roster if Sin Cara wasn't damaged goods already. The only way to get them over would be to team 'em up for a while, have Cara turn heel on the much smaller Kalisto, and put Kalisto over strong on him before dumped the Sin Cara gimmick all together.

Just saw the main event for this week. In all honesty if I were calling the shots in WWE, I'd release Rey Mysterio. WWE wanted Sin Cara to take over the reigns of Mysterio- that didn't happen. Hunico is doing good in the mask, but how many years does he really has left in him? Maybe 5? keep him around and let him continue to put on a good show, but the NEW Mysterio is right there in NXT. Del Sol is amazing and will get over huge once he is on the main roster.

Adam Rose's character still comes off as a creep. I can't wait until he turns heel as he already comes off as as guy who would slip a roofie in someone's drink.