DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

With HHH having more stroke in the last couple of years, it appears the only person who had problems with 'vanilla midgets' was/is Vince McMahon and his close team. Under HHH we have seen tons of "This Guy Will NEVER Be In WWE" Guys. Kenta, Steen, Generico, Hero, Claudio, DB, Black, Ambrose, Sara Del Ray, PAC, Mistico, Amazing Kong, Sami Callahan, Willie Mack, The Young Bucks, and tons of others. It's really amazing. Seeing Steen and HHH shake hands tell me that its a new era in WWE. If you are a wrestler that has proven to draw money, connect with a crowd, and know how to work- HHH will actually look at that wrestler regardless of whether or not that wrestler meets the Vince McMahon 80's bodybuilder look.

I am truly agog that anybody could be down on Enzo Amore and/or think that Eva Marie will improve past mediocre. I also don't foresee KSteen "making it", but I have a low opinion of his work. The lad is not unintelligent, however, and he may be able to find himself a place.

It seems that HHH has been allowed to hire up scads of workers and keep them around a while, and I applaud this business model and hope it lasts. Will this drain the resources of indy feds and foreign promotions and take away their talent too rapidly, causing the future talent pool to dry up? I hope not. The old method of bringing in two or three potential superstars at a time seemed and inefficient use of brainpower, airtime and money, as only a couple a year seemed to work out. There certainly aren't too many veterans left that can "go" in the ring.

- RAF

I find the Rock tweet more mind blowing than Steen being signed

They are friends.

Which is still mind-blowing, since neither have explained how that happened. I don't think Rock is hanging out at ROH shows.

Curt Hawkins will being Rock's training partner for his first two matches back with WWE showed him some PWG and Kevin Steen stuff.

Best NXT in a long time this week. The focus towards setting up NXT Takeover II helped greatly. 

Sasha vs Bailey in particular had a real verve about it.

Adrian Neville didn't wrestle Tyler Breeze. PAC did! Wish Ben (shoot names) always wrestled at this level.

For some reason my international download of the show cut off the first part of the opener.  Blarg.

Some really good stuff on this show, though.  Bayley-Sasha in particular was really good.

Main event was really strong and I wish they'd saved that for the live special instead of going with the four-way schmozz.  If nothing else, that may present a better opportunity for Breeze(or even Kidd) to steal a win amidst the chaos.

BreezeNeville was friggin' EPIC. Oh my god was that match something else. The tornado DDT is one of the craziest bump/sell combos ever. I can't remember the last time I marked out for a move in a match like that. I really want to see a rematch like immediately. I do love Tyson Kidd coming in to get his licks in, Breeze being irate and going after him, both of them going after Neville before Sami runs in.

Awesome stuff.

Sportsnet 360 in Canada has taken NXT and Vintage off the schedule, and replaced them with Main Event. Between this and replacing good panelists on Aftermath with shitbums, I am not impressed with Sportsnet's "improved" wrestling coverage.

Oh man, I was wondering why my DVR didn't tape it this week!?  I assume this has to do with 'The Half-Assed Canadian WWE Network'  debuting in Canada.  I really don't watch enough wrestling that isn't free to justify spending money on the Network, even to see NXT.  So, I guess I'm out!

Sasha Banks is amazing. I look forward to seeing her every week. She's not perfect or anything yet, but she is going to be really, really, REALLY good. She threw that second double-knee strike in the corner so hard that it looked like Bayley threw a pretty hard lariat in response. That match had a couple of issues, but it rocked. I love that the early pinfall attempts and reversals foreshadowed Bayley getting a pin off of a submission reversal in the end.

To put on my total uncritical fan hat here, The Vaudevillains and Tyler Breeze had better win the Tag Team and NXT Championships respectively in the next few months, or I riot. 

Hmm, yeah, I thought I had unblock-us off and it was working but unblock us somehow was still working around the blackout. Shucks. There's always other means of keeping up with NXT.

simpsons-shifty-dog_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

I think I've seen people mention daily motion but I could only find short clips when I searched. Sorry, brah.

I haven't watched NXT regularly since the super shows started happening and Bo dropped the title but this week's episode was fun. Bayley and Sasha impressed the heck out of me with their mat and chain wrestling. Didn't care for the main and Neville seems really flat as a champion. 

The Vaudevillains are hands down the best act in NXT. Their entrance is glorious, and their mannerisms are spot-on throughout the match. If they don't win the tag titles, something's pretty wrong. Don't care about Bull/Mojo at all, but at least it condenses two boring guys into one program.

The Kalisto/Sin Cara match was pretty fun too. Good showcase for Team Lucha. I'm looking forward to them against Zayn and Rose.

Sasha/Bayley was solid. It wasn't as tight as their tournament match a couple months back, but they did alright filling the extra time. Really liked them building off the finish to their last match.

The main was ok, but the wind got sucked out of the match as soon as Kidd showed up and ended even the minimal hope of a real finish. I'm not as high on Tyler Breeze as a lot of people, but he's at least at the level where he can look good against Zayn and Neville. Neville looked good as usual, including the tornado DDT sell and the superkick he delivered to Kidd. I don't mind them going for the 4-way at the next live show. NXT doesn't do shit like that all the time, so it'll feel fresh, and it should cut down on the boring parts of Kidd/Breeze matches. WIth any luck, it could transition to a Zayn/Neville feud.

It seems like the audience is just waiting for Zayn to match up with Neville. How many singles matches have they had in NXT? Wrestling Data says nine times but I think all but the #1 contender's match in October were house shows.

I think Zayn/Neville is the only thing close to a "money match" that NXT has right now. Those two are so far ahead of everyone else in the ring, it really isn't fair. Only Kalisto appears to be within shouting distance. The tag division has some promise, but The Ascension are so terrible, I can't really think of any match I want to see them in despite their ridiculously strong booking (other than the one where they lose the belts). .

It seems like the audience is just waiting for Zayn to match up with Neville. How many singles matches have they had in NXT? Wrestling Data says nine times but I think all but the #1 contender's match in October were house shows.

I agree. Let it linger a little bit longer. I don't see either one going anywhere anytime soon.

But you know at some point Steen vs. Zayn will be revisited, so maybe Zayn/Neville won't happen? Who knows.

In other news, there will be NXT Wrestlers in WWE 2K15. Imagine how many people that don't know NXT exists will play the game, see NXT wrestlers, and as a result become interested in the product. Only good things can come from this.

• Like 1

I agree. Let it linger a little bit longer. I don't see either one going anywhere anytime soon.

But you know at some point Steen vs. Zayn will be revisited, so maybe Zayn/Neville won't happen? Who knows.

In other news, there will be NXT Wrestlers in WWE 2K15. Imagine how many people that don't know NXT exists will play the game, see NXT wrestlers, and as a result become interested in stuffing instead of potatoes. Only good things can come from this.

If by news you mean unsubstantiated and unconfirmed rumors, then yes, it's news.