DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

It's funny because Eva would show a lot of emotion but it was all in the wrong way and at the wrong time and directed to nowhere in particular. She had these expressions at times when she was staged to, and they weren't bad or anything but she could have played against the crowd. Instead it was like the crowd wasn't even there.

I thought she was trying to play to the crowd before the match but you never know what she actually did.

At this point the only hope for her as a character is to just shoot be herself.  It has been proven that her real life personality makes her an easy heel.   Don't give her any promo or script just say "be a sexy bitch and work 5 minutes".  

Having a crowd ride you like that can't be fun. Acknowledge them. Double down on the annoying mannerisms. Piss them off more. Maybe even Screw with them by messing up some rope running. Something like that. But still punish your opponent and win. There's some meta heat there waiting to be snatched.

Having a crowd ride you like that can't be fun. Acknowledge them. Double down on the annoying mannerisms. Piss them off more. Maybe even Screw with them by messing up some rope running. Something like that. But still punish your opponent and win. There's some meta heat there waiting to be snatched.

The only problem is that Eva Marie has no idea what "heat" means. Also, I am going to guess she also has trouble understanding the basics of human communication.

• Like 1

She has the looks and is a natural heel. Its time to put it all together. Eva Marie shouldn't be too concerned with learning MOVEZ~! and should focus 100% on in-ring character. If she keeps the basics in the ring (stop throwing drop kicks and all that other bullshit) and learns how to work her character once the bell rings--she will probably be one of the biggest Divas acts in WWE in the last 10 years.

Eva was receiving a good amount of heat on RAW right around the time Total Divas began. She is definitely a natural heel, people love to hate her..  She has a great, unique look and is one of the more attractive women on television. I gotta believe they can do something with her.

So she'll be a great performer if she learns to channel her personality into her character, and handle the basics of in-ring work, two things she has thus far shown absolutely no aptitude for whatsoever.

That's about the gist. I am willing to bet that in one year's time Eva Marie will have better character 'skills' and be further along than Brie's acting 'skills'. Eva can get heat on her own while Brie has thus far relied very heavily on Danielson (the color scheme, the finishing move, etc.). If Eva can manage to stay employed and Brie doesn't decide to have a baby/quit the business -- I see Eva Marie being the bigger star come summer of 2015.

Sportsnet 360 in Canada has taken NXT and Vintage off the schedule, and replaced them with Main Event. Between this and replacing good panelists on Aftermath with shitbums, I am not impressed with Sportsnet's "improved" wrestling coverage.

I hope he gets a good developmental name like "Lean" Steven Keen.  It'll be like calling a big guy, "Tiny".  "Lean" Steven Keen, "Zeus" Tiny Lister enthusiast.

And if you try to smarten up Eva Marie, it'll ruin the magic that is Eva Marie.

• Like 1