DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

Although I'm not crazy about the angles, Takeover should be a solid show. Neville/Kidd, Nattie/Charlotte, and Zayn/Breeze should all be decent matches, and Kalisto and El Local vs. Ascension is interesting.

Hopefully they get to the Zayn/Neville rivalry pretty soon because they are seriously lacking in the worthwhile feuds department right now. I also think a program with Corey Graves and Tyson Kidd could work (not for the title obviously).

so I'm watching some NXT from last year, trying to get caught up. I just got to a few shows after the Cesaro/Zayn 2 out of 3 falls match, which is where I restarted[i'd been about a year behind that at first, because internet is a pain], and holy crap is that match good. I know it's generally been touted all over the internet, but I don't feel like it can be said enough. Holy shit that match is good.

Other random thoughts include the fact that Bo Dallas, most insincere face of all time, might be my favorite gimmick going. His promo about why he came out for Sami's match against Swagger is awesome. Also, CJ Parker is pretty good too, especially when he's running up against Tyler Breeze, who plays self centered really really well.

Overall, I'm really glad NXT is the show I get to watch with any consistency. Internet and TV are off at my place, so whenever I'm somewhere with a stable internet connection, I'm watching NXT. I have more to say, but I have to go back to work

Takeover seems like a big step down from Arrival. I mean... Tyson Kidd???

I laughed when Michael Cole hyped Takeover during RAW by saying the "big match" was Natalya v. Charlotte.

It's a big match because the divas division was well built and treated with respect in NXT. Also Natalya is a "veteran" and respected diva starring in a reality show and a former WWE divas champion.

I agree that Sami vs Adrian would be so much bigger, part of me hopes they know the potential of that match and are saving it for something special. The other part of me thinks it's one of those Total Divas push to Tyson.

Other French guy had a great promo in promo class if you haven't seen it.

Him and Sylvester Leffort are perfect for each other.

Watch 15:40 until 18:30 of this video, if you haven't seen it already. Great stuff!

How did I miss this? LeFort saying he would rather jerk off than sleep with a Canadian woman is amazing. He then spends the next couple of minutes dissecting his method of jerking off explaining that it felt like a different person the first time he used his left hand.

• Like 1

A tournament final, when the tournament was built up well, is a pretty big match. So's a title match where the #1 contender had to win both a battle royal and a triple threat match, though. 

Plus they are hyping up the women's title match more with Bret Hart in Natalya's corner and Ric Flair in charlotte's corner.  hell an argument can be made that the divas are turning into an afterthought if you watch the set up show currently on the network given the time they let Bret and Ric talk. 

I have no problem with Tyson Kidd going with the title.  While his promo skills are bad (see last week) his in ring work is really good and I can't imagine a match with Neville isn't going to be good.  This is more of a showcase match for Neville and would much rather have Tyson Kidd than Brodius Clay. 

You have to think that Neville is beating Kidd and Zayn is beating Breeze to see up the next 2 hour show when ever they had it.  The obvious slow build is Zayn winning the title this year.  now whether he turns heel doing it I don't know

Considering they're talking about repackaging Kidd with a mask, I'm pretty certain he's not going over. 

I think they've halted that, since they've started using Kalisto. Kidd was tagging with Ricardo under a mask beforehand.

Considering they're talking about repackaging Kidd with a mask, I'm pretty certain he's not going over. 

I think they've halted that, since they've started using Kalisto. Kidd was tagging with Ricardo under a mask beforehand.

This was in this morning's WON and pretty detailed.

“@Chubby722: @TripleH who is the mega star to watch out for in NXT?” NXT Champion Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin and Alexa Bliss

Interesting selections. Well the last 2 that is. Are they that high on Bliss?

“@Chubby722: @TripleH who is the mega star to watch out for in NXT?” NXT Champion Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Baron Corbin and Alexa Bliss

Interesting selections. Well the last 2 that is. Are they that high on Bliss?

I can see why. Might be the best female athlete the company has ever had, I've seen her promo enough to know she can talk, it's just a matter of her "getting it" in the ring. Also, she apparently does a 450. I could have just said that and left it.

This was in this morning's WON and pretty detailed.

I probably shouldn't have been so surprised that they're planning on Kidd wearing an Evan Borne mask.

Matches for tonight
Adam Rose vs. Camacho
NXT Tag Team Championship Match: The Ascension © vs. Kalisto & El Local
No. 1 Contender's Match: Tyler Breeze vs. Sami Zayn
NXT Women's Championship Match: Charlotte vs. Natalya
NXT Championship Match: Adrian Neville © vs. Tyson Kidd

Other than the Leon Rose match, those are some good matches on paper.