DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

Local and Kalisto are awesome. I love the combination of high speed/high risk and luchafat guy. Totally into it. My only issue is that Ricardo is so good at connecting with the fans, should he be in a mask?

Other French guy had a great promo in promo class if you haven't seen it.

A bit sad that Alexis Bliss doesn't Muta people with glitter but THE TOURNAMENT ISN'T OVER YET.

Also, holy hell Alicia Fox has just become a beast. She really is pretty great in the ring, and was tossing Bliss and forcing her to sell like she was the APA in there with some local jobbers.

• Like 1

Oh and whoever is in charge of NXT entrances cannot possibly be paid enough.  

Ryan Katz, formerly known as XPW's GQ Money and WSX's Fabian Kaelin.

Wow, seriously? He was running an indie fed in Chatsworth not too long ago. Good for him. 

- Alexa looked very sexay in that entrance attire.

- Alicia is simply fucking intense in the ring, i love her style.

- Kalisto was great, already ten times more charismatic than Sin Cara.

So is Alexa Bliss, wrestling's answer to Tinkerbell?  

tumblr_n5a9kbXZSB1saykaxo1_400.gif

The debuts make this show worth watching.

Where was Corey Graves during the battle royal?

He didn't appear at any time during this set of tapings.

I do think the ref went to check on Alicia after the fact.

Yeah the knee was a botch. Alicia Fox issued a few receipts after it. If you watch Bliss on the ramp after her match her mouth was bleeding.

There were other two major botches completely edited off the show too.

I think Alicia Fox may be my favorite in-ring Diva. Her moves are crisp and hate-filled and she really brings it. I wish she'd get a better push. Alexa Bliss seemed pretty good, too, but it was hard to tell how much of that was just because Alicia was kicking the crap out of her and how much was her working the match. She's cute and the pixie character is a little different.

Kalisto is tiny. Is he any bigger than Rey, or about the same size? I'd like to think they'd bring the Local/Kalisto team up to the main tag ranks, just because I think Ricardo deserves to be more than just an announcer, and if Kalisto is as good as everyone says, he could be the new Rey in everyway that Sin Cara was not. Plus, with them recently breaking up all the good teams, the Tag Division certainly needs some new blood.

Samuray Del Sol was billed at 5'6" so I assume he's closer to 5'4", which would be right around Rey size.

I'm so glad people are finally coming around on Alicia Fox. It's a shame they don't do anything with her and she loses on TV every week.

Yea Fox has been good for a while (love anything with her and Gail Kim or Nattie) but she seems to be even better now! I really hope WWE takes notice although I hear she's just happy to wrestle either way and isn't really into lobbying for herself.

She's been a lot better working with the SDR-trained NXT crew than she was before. I attribute this to the fact that she can lay the offense in a lot stiffer than she could against your Kelly Kellys and your Bellas, and consequently she looks that much better.

Went to the NXT house show in Orlando tonight. Nothing much of note except it was a standing room only crowd. The only time I remember that happening at the armory was when Kelly Kelly was in town for a signing years ago at a FCW show. I saw Drake Younger in his refs outfit at the start of the show but he didn't do any matches. Yoshi Tatsu was the ring announcer which was interesting. The crowd really likes him and and he tries hard I"ll give him that.

Lot of new people I haven't seen wrestled. Garrett Dylan(Kris Kristofferson's son) wrestled Travis Tyler who is doing a Rick Martel gimmick. I think Garrett was the guy that was under the mask who lost to Camacho this week on NXT? Simon Gotch teamed with Aiden English vs the Ascension. Simon's gimmick of old time wrestler is great. Finally got to see Becky Lynch team with Bayley vs the BFF's. That was match of the night till the main event. Becky is very good and I hope she becomes Bayley's best friend. They did the Irish Jig after the win. Main event was Tyler Breeze vs Adrian Neville.I think it was the best match either guy has had in months. Breeze showed me a lot as he just brought it in terms of moves. He hit this DDT that caused Billy Gunn to mark out. Breeze won with the 450.

Best thing of the night was how not over Mojo Rawley is with the casuals and two guy dressed up as bunnies getting kicked out by security. At first I thought it was indie guys trying to get attention but it turned out to be two drunks.

Best thing of the night was how not over Mojo Rawley is with the casuals and two guy dressed up as bunnies getting kicked out by security. At first I thought it was indie guys trying to get attention but it turned out to be two drunks.

One of them was filming the show with a camera in one of the costumes too:

BnPZicoCYAAXfFI.jpg

I was wondering if that was Dos Kristofferson in the Captain Comic getup, since he'd done the gimmick in one of the Youtube promos. I thought he was released last year too.

He asked for his release so could go home for whatever reason. Essentially it was a leave of absence rather than a firing.

Breeze has a 450 but's been using a spinning wheel kick as his finish on TV?  Or did you mean Neville won?

Neville won my bad. Breeze doing a 450 would be great though.

The thing about those guys in bunny suits is they only showed up just before the main event. After the show they were trying to get fans to give them a ride home.It was weird.

Alicia Fox murdering people with tilt-a-whirl backbreakers is awesome.

The fairy dust effect was cool. 

Loved the battle royal, especially the end. Bo Dallas was also pretty wonderful in this match, and I don't mean Roma and Orndorff. 

That lucha tag team is so much fun.

NXT is super-awesome each week. 

I think Alicia Fox may be my favorite in-ring Diva. Her moves are crisp and hate-filled and she really brings it. I wish she'd get a better push.

She's pretty clearly the best womens worker they have. The front office think that's Nattie though, so Nattie gets the 'need a good hand' spots and Alicia gets left in the 'You're female and not a] the fresh new thing or b] on our reality show so we'll just have you work jobs on tv till your contract is up' position.

If TNA was what it was five or six years ago she could go there and tear it up with Gail Kim in a nice long PPV match with a hot crowd but it's not so eh.

• Like 1