DVDVR Message Board

The NXT Thread

rzombie1988

Where the fuck is Rebecca Knox already?

She has her first match since January on an NXT live event in Largo last friday teaming with Bailey to beat the BFFs.

Also she is a Genie now.

BmuFo5KIMAA9ngx.jpg

15a331ded28911e39b320002c953325a_8.jpg

It's just one match, but I like Alexa Bliss. Cute character, music, entrance props, etc, and had an unintentionally good match with Fox thanks to botching her second move and crushing Fox's sternum which led to Fox stiffing her the rest of the way. Doing all the cutesy poses with a busted mouth was a great way to make a memorable debut.

Tyler Breeze got jobbed hard in that battle royal. Those refs are ridiculously incompetent if they can't figure out that the guy flipping over the ropes and landing on his back had his feet touch after two guys who were dropping straight down feet first. 

Oh, and Renee is a permanent announcer! 

• Like 1

But sadly no Regal.  Those two are so good on commentary together.

It completely boggles the mind that Tyson Kidd has managed to get over after 9 years of being basically nobody in the company because of Total Divas.

Oh and whoever is in charge of NXT entrances cannot possibly be paid enough.  

Who the hell is Kalisto?  That tag wasn't too bad.  Good bit to rebuild the tag division.

So Rose's Rosebuds are gonna be working matches... great.

But sadly no Regal.  Those two are so good on commentary together.

It completely boggles the mind that Tyson Kidd has managed to get over after 9 years of being basically nobody in the company because of Total Divas.

Ryan Katz, formerly known as XPW's GQ Money and WSX's Fabian Kaelin.

Who the hell is Kalisto?  That tag wasn't too bad.  Good bit to rebuild the tag division.

So Rose's Rosebuds are gonna be working matches... great.

Only Kalisto (Samurai Del Sol) and Solomon Crowe (Sami Callihan).

It's just one match, but I like Alexa Bliss. Cute character, music, entrance props, etc, and had an unintentionally good match with Fox thanks to botching her second move and crushing Fox's sternum which led to Fox stiffing her the rest of the way. Doing all the cutesy poses with a busted mouth was a great way to make a memorable debut.

Don't think that was a botch. And Alicia always beats the hell out of her opponent. It was jut a good match.

I think Alicia Fox may be my favorite in-ring Diva. Her moves are crisp and hate-filled and she really brings it. I wish she'd get a better push. Alexa Bliss seemed pretty good, too, but it was hard to tell how much of that was just because Alicia was kicking the crap out of her and how much was her working the match. She's cute and the pixie character is a little different.

Kalisto is tiny. Is he any bigger than Rey, or about the same size? I'd like to think they'd bring the Local/Kalisto team up to the main tag ranks, just because I think Ricardo deserves to be more than just an announcer, and if Kalisto is as good as everyone says, he could be the new Rey in everyway that Sin Cara was not. Plus, with them recently breaking up all the good teams, the Tag Division certainly needs some new blood.

And, yeah, that three-way fall at the end was not very well timed. They should not have had a camera right there to see that obviously they didn't all hit at the same time. Like, show other angles from the other side of the ring or a camera guy running from the side of the ring to the front where they were just in time to miss them hitting. Something so that it wasn't so conclusive that Breeze actually did hit the ground last.

Now that Captain Comic has had a match, I wonder how long until the Bunny gets in the ring?

I liked this show a bunch, though. Better than the last few outings. I haven't read any of the spoilers, so I'm curious to see where everything goes heading in to the next NXT special.

CHARLOTTE VS. EMMA -- This was a very solid, nothing flashy match. Emma, as we know, is already very good. Charlotte's come along a lot since she turned heel. What I like about Charlotte is that, if you were to watch this match, you would have absolutely no idea her father is Ric Flair (aside from the broken nose). They've really made her a non-novelty act, aside from every now and then when she drops something in an interview to remind her what a brat she is. Charlotte gets the win after Emma -- that weird, bubbly, easily distracted Emma -- tries to use her sock puppet but inadvertently hits Sasha, causing her to get trapped in the awesomely named Charlotte's Web pin. Charlotte's used that before but never for a win and never in a place where it felt organic. This time, it felt like it was the perfect move to use in that situation, as a means to steal a victory from the more veteran talent. Emma, BTW, makes a great face afterwards that really sells her loss.

THE LEGIONAIRES VS. KALISTO/EL LOCAL -- The rebuilding of the NXT Tag Team division continues with the debut of two new teams. The Legionaires are Sylvester LeFort and someone else wearing trucks that say FRANCE on them versus the luchadors. This was there and built to give Kalisto a hot tag so he could show off his really fun offense. The Frenchmen didn't really do much of anything in their segment together. Still, not bad and Team Lucha is pretty fun.

CAMACHO comes out looking tough to take on CAPTAIN COMIC OF THE ROSE PARTY! This is the continuation of their long-running beef. Man, this is a weak ass jobber match. Camacho needs to look like a vicious prick. I mean, you have a dude WRESTLING IN A CAPE right there! There are no chokes with the cape! Come on, bro. Use it or lose it!

ALICIA FOX vs ALEXIS BLISS. Alicia did something hilarious to start the match, when she acted like she was going to throw her coat to the crowd and didn't. "SUCKER!" Bwahahahaha! This is a fun little match. Fox really lays her stuff in. Bliss has a fun character and entrance.

MORE LATER I HAVE SOMETHING TO DO!!!

Agreed that Kalisto is money, and they need to get him on TV and just let Hunico be Hunico as soon as possible - I wonder if they've got the guts to have Hunico lose another mask vs mask as Sin Cara; I'm thinking yes. I'm almost all for Camacho remaining Mexican, because Hunico and Camacho were great together and I'm not really seeing him as a Meng guy.

The battle royal had some really fun moments. I loved Mojo screaming "BATTLE ROYAL!" when staying hyped running down to the ring. Jason Jordan took a really crazy bump to the floor to get eliminated. Bo Dallas and his elimination run was fun. I don't know if it was pre-planned or on the fly or whatever, but I love that it culminated with him bouncing Yoshi who, for some reason, had the crowd behind him the whole time.

Tyson Kidd eliminated Bo was great because that was the first time the NXT audience really popped for anything he did.  That's how great Bo is as a heel. Tyson Kidd has been horrible at the fun part of wrestling -- the having a character and working it -- that makes NXT so great. I didn't get the sense that Full Sail cared about Tyson Kidd one bit and why should they? But tossing Bo out of the ring, not even as a finalist, in the battle royal got him over for at least one week.

That was a really well done "controversial ending" to the battle royal.  The triple threat could be a lot of fun. I'm eagerly anticipating all the sneaky attempts at victory by Breeze.

The controversial ending was well done if one ignores that the feet of Zayn and Kidd hitting the floor about four seconds before Breeze's feet hit the floor, because hands, head, and back do not count as being out.

Don't think that was a botch. And Alicia always beats the hell out of her opponent. It was jut a good match.

I thought she was just supposed to be doing a splash out of the back handspring, because that knee came down *hard* and both girls seemed surprised by it. 

I thought she was just supposed to be doing a splash out of the back handspring, because that knee came down *hard* and both girls seemed surprised by it. 

She's done a Standing Moonsault before, and I think that was what she was going for there, so I'd say a botch.

Battle Royal Notes and Such

Battle Royals generally aren't very good and this wasn't really an exception.  You can really only take note of things happening and go from there.  Here I saved you some trouble 

• Noticeably Absent:  Corey Graves, Ty Dillinger, Sawyer Fulton, Adam Rose, The Ascension
  • Mojo getting a entrance only to get bounced by Jason Jordan of all people is pretty awesome 'anything can happen' moment and/or a sign that Comrade Mojo doesn't have the major push everyone thinks he has.
  • Baron Corbin looked like he belonged in there and 'did well' in staying in there as late as he did for a guy who ain't won a match yet.  Jason Alberts picking him was also a pretty decent endorsement that won't get him anywhere but it is about 73 times better than he would get out of any of the announce team on Monday Night Raw.  His punches looked good and I'm not a punch guy but what else do I have to judge here?
  • Mason Ryan pressing out English looked good but I was surprised Ryan survived his 'stand on the ropes like a moron' spot.  He looked lost a bunch in this and has no head for the game that I can tell.
  • A battle royal is not the place for Kalisto to make his mark which is fine.  It would have been nice for him to pull off one thing before his elimination but there wasn't room enough to make it plausible.
  • Woods and Camacho having a chop battle... worked.  Woods looked really fired up and his stuff looked good here.   Camacho less so.
  • God I miss Tyler Breeze being a complete and total puss.
  • Bo Dallas' roll was pretty cool.
  • Funny how the final three did nothing of note until they were in the final three.  They just all kind of faded into the wood work which is okay for Sami and Tyler because they could actually overshadow the rest of the field but Kidd needed to do more than hang on to really make the most of the situation. 

Local and Kalisto are awesome. I love the combination of high speed/high risk and luchafat guy. Totally into it. My only issue is that Ricardo is so good at connecting with the fans, should he be in a mask?

Other French guy had a great promo in promo class if you haven't seen it.

A bit sad that Alexis Bliss doesn't Muta people with glitter but THE TOURNAMENT ISN'T OVER YET.

Also, holy hell Alicia Fox has just become a beast. She really is pretty great in the ring, and was tossing Bliss and forcing her to sell like she was the APA in there with some local jobbers.

• Like 1

Ryan Katz, formerly known as XPW's GQ Money and WSX's Fabian Kaelin.

Wow, seriously? He was running an indie fed in Chatsworth not too long ago. Good for him. 

- Alexa looked very sexay in that entrance attire.

- Alicia is simply fucking intense in the ring, i love her style.

- Kalisto was great, already ten times more charismatic than Sin Cara.

So is Alexa Bliss, wrestling's answer to Tinkerbell?  

tumblr_n5a9kbXZSB1saykaxo1_400.gif

The debuts make this show worth watching.

Where was Corey Graves during the battle royal?

He didn't appear at any time during this set of tapings.

I do think the ref went to check on Alicia after the fact.

Yeah the knee was a botch. Alicia Fox issued a few receipts after it. If you watch Bliss on the ramp after her match her mouth was bleeding.

There were other two major botches completely edited off the show too.