DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/14/14

victor

The only matches that appeal to me are the opening match and the main. Cesaro beat Orton!!!!!!!!!!

The Shield kicks off SmackDown before defeating SheamusDaniel Bryan and Christian in the opener.

* Vickie Guerrero informs Zeb Colter it will be Rey Mysterio vs. Jack Swagger vs. Mark Henry vs. Kofi Kingston to determine a #1 contender for the Intercontinental Title.

* Jack Swagger defeated Rey, Henry and Kofi in a Fatal 4 Way to become the new #1 contender toBig E Langston’s Intercontinental Title.

* Eva Marie defeated Alicia Fox.

* Goldust, Cody Rhodes and The Usos defeated The New Age Outlaws, Ryback and Curtis Axel.

Darren Young comes out to a new theme song and defeats Damien Sandow. After the match, Titus O’Neil attacks Young but Young counters and rips the suit off Titus.

* The Miz defeated Fandango after Santino Marella and Emma came out to distract him.

* Cesaro defeated Randy Orton in the main event.

Not surprised at Cesaro going over Orton. He's heating up and is the only non-established guy in the chamber, makes sense to give him a non-title win. I suspect Orton will go over Sheamus with some shenanigans on Monday to keep Christian from being the only loser. Should also be a good test-run for Cesaro as a face, I wonder how the crowd reacted to that match.

That 6-man looks killer on paper.

Everyone defeating Orton before the PPV will either

1) Diminish Bryan's eventual win

2) Set up a bunch of strong contenders for Bryan's eventual run.

3) Guarantee an Orton win at EC

4) All of the above

Deb-bie Down-er *clap clap clapclapclap*

"We need to get fans from the boom period excited about the WWE Network. Who do we have from 1999 that's still active that we can hotshot the belt on?"
"Mark Henry?"
"What, no, the whole hand thing!"

"He's had ten plus years of being a dominant force."
"And none of them know that since they haven't been watching."

"How about the ugly guy?"

4) All of the above

I'm guessing it comes down to Bryan/Orton and there's a double-pin finish as a way to shoe-horn Bryan into the Mania main event. Because they have to have recognized that a Orton/Batista singles match will go over like a dumpster fire.

4) All of the above

I'm guessing it comes down to Bryan/Orton and there's a double-pin finish as a way to shoe-horn Bryan into the Mania main event. Because they have to have recognized that a Orton/Batista singles match will go over like a dumpster fire.

Or... Kane pops out of the bottom of the grating, chokeslam to Bryan, Orton retains, Vince adds Bryan in to the championship match on Raw the next day. 

4) All of the above

Not only that, but surely they have to be panicking about the fact Dave can barely even make it to the ring and he's supposed to main event Mania. 

4) All of the above

I want to see Bryan win only for Lesnar to be granted his title match immediately afterward, destroy Daniel, and win the belt to set up a nice triple threat at Mania with Bryan stuck between two beasts in Batista and Lesnar.

I think the booking is pointing towards Swagger as a face, with Cesaro as the heel with Zeb.

Which will be soundly rejected by the fans.

Not when Swags gets repackaged as Bigg Hoss Jack and is managed by Bunkhouse Buck.

People chanting "We Want Bunk!" will be happy.

• Like 1

I think the booking is pointing towards Swagger as a face, with Cesaro as the heel with Zeb.

Which will be soundly rejected by the fans.

I like the Cesaro rejects Zeb/Swagger because they're not evil enough for him scenario someone proposed.  Of course, if that meant he joined up with Heyman... damn, the mind boggles.