DVDVR Message Board

Shirley Temple Dead at age 85

RIPPA

We saw Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer a week or two ago. It just boggles my mind that her career never took back off around then. It seems like Hollywood just didn't know how to use her. 

Yeah, often times child stars grow up to be...weird-looking and bad actors.  But, she was so good (and still pretty!) in that and the aforementioned 'Fort Apache', that it's just baffling she didn't do really much of anything else.

FTR, IMDB lists her as having 4 more movies after 'Apache' in the next year, then nothing until the series 'Shirley Temple's Storybook' and an appearance on 'The Red Skelton Show' in the 60s and that was it.

We saw Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer a week or two ago. It just boggles my mind that her career never took back off around then. It seems like Hollywood just didn't know how to use her. 

So creative had nothing for her?

Before today, I had no idea that she had served as ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia. That's pretty cool.

RIP, the original child star (or would that be Our Gang?).

Babby Peggy is still alive and her career ran at least twelve years before Temple's.

Yeah, but how was Babby formed?

She might have not been active after her divorce from John Agar(whom she met at 15 and married at 17) because she was busy with her new marriage to Black and was busy raising a family. Her daughter. Lori, was the bass player in The Melvins.