DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling What Ifs

Web Conn

That's kind of tricky because if you aren't going pre-85ish and using the older Hart Brothers, then there won't be that many Von Erichs left. But most of the older Harts weren't actually... very... good. And the house styles of Stampede and WCCW really weren't that similar either.

I don't really think Bruce and Smith Hart could out-Freebird the Freebirds in Texas. And I'm not sure David and Kerry would really work as Heels in Toronto, because they're such natural faces.

So, Fritz vs Stu maybe. Bret vs Kevin if they do it as one of Bret's face vs face matches, like with Piper or Davey. I'm not sure Nattie could drag anything watchable out of Lacey. But Harry Smith might be able to carry one of Kevin's kids to something good.

The biggest problem with that would be that WWE missed the boat. The real endgame should have honestly been Cena vs. The Streak to REALLY make the Hogan/Andre thing work perfectly- if John Cena got to be The One instead of Brock Lesnar, then that'd absolutely be the modern-day Hogan/Andre moment.

• 4 weeks later...

What if Adrian Adonis didn't get all Pillsbury Doughboy? Would the WWF still make him become "Adorable"?

What if Bill Watts booked Herb Abrams's version of the UWF?

Black champion.

Yeah, but who, and which one of the 9,803,756 belts that UWF had would said black champion hold?

God, UWF sucked a dick.

What if Adrian Adonis didn't get all Pillsbury Doughboy? Would the WWF still make him become "Adorable"?

What if Bill Watts booked Herb Abrams's version of the UWF?

I think Adonis still would have gotten the "Adorable" gimmick, I think it was less his weight and more the "fa-word" chants he got once he started to wear the leather daddy gear that got him the gimmick. I can also see Vince not understanding the whole leather look so he took the gimmick to extreme that we saw.

A Watts book Abrams UWF could have had some potential for great matches. During that UWF's run they had Dr. Death, Orndorff, Gordy, Bam Bam Bigelow, Muraco and Cactus Jack.