DVDVR Message Board

Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling Podcast

Web Conn

I am Pro-Punk, Pro-Cody, and ambivalent at best on Colt.

If we're laying it all out there.

Yes, middle of the road, middle of the road. At this point, I can say I dislike Triple H more than anyone in the industry outside of Gabe Sapolsky. He's a self-serving racist who dumped his loyal she male for the boss' daughter.

You should hear Alex greenfield talk about Triple H destroying RVDs rocket ride when the brand split started. That's what turned me against him permanently.

Yes, middle of the road, middle of the road. At this point, I can say I dislike Triple H more than anyone in the industry outside of Gabe Sapolsky. He's a self-serving racist who dumped his loyal she male for the boss' daughter.

You should hear Alex greenfield talk about Triple H destroying RVDs rocket ride when the brand split started. That's what turned me against him permanently.

Is that better or worse than the APA stealing the Hurri-cycle?

vlcsnap-00549.png

I also love the part where he calls out a dude for racism before dropping some transphobic bullshit on us all. 

I'm definitely anti-Vince more than anything here. Punk might be a jackass, but he was pretty badly mistreated by his employer, and the fact that he was able to get his rightfully-earned royalties and a bit more on top makes me happy. Good for him. 

I'm pretty pro-worker in these situations, though pro wrestling is weird, too. Normally, when it comes to sports or entertainment jobs, I always say that people came to see Damian Lillard play basketball, not to see Paul Allen chilling in his skybox or that people came to see Tom Cruise act, not Kaz Hirai greenlight scripts, and so the workers do deserve as much of the profits as they can get. In this case, however, people actually have come to see Vince McMahon perform at some point.

He's still a pretty shitty owner toward his employees, however. 

• Like 3

Transphobic??? My lord. Her female parts put Alex Wright's to shame. I called her loyal as I actually think Chyna got a bad deal.

And is the racist tag so unheard of here? DelRio and at least two of the other Hispanic wrestlers have thrown this out there, plus Mark Henry's interview.

The guy just comes across as a pompous, jealous jerk. The Punk podcast sealed it for me.

I actually have a personal reason for Gabe related to a friend of mine, so the randomness is understand.

Transphobic??? My lord. Her female parts put Alex Wright's to shame. I called her loyal as I actually think Chyna got a bad deal.

And is the racist tag so unheard of here? DelRio and at least two of the other Hispanic wrestlers have thrown this out there, plus Mark Henry's interview.

The guy just comes across as a pompous, jealous jerk. The Punk podcast sealed it for me.

I actually have a personal reason for Gabe related to a friend of mine, so the randomness is understand.

Del Rio, a disgruntled former employee, said it? Well, that sounds like enough evidence for me!

Just keep digging that hole deeper, buddy. But I'm sorry Gabe didn't book your buddy.

Del Rio, a disgruntled former employee, said it? Well, that sounds like enough evidence for me!

Just keep digging that hole deeper, buddy. But I'm sorry Gabe didn't book your buddy.

Digging a hole deeper? You're a strange character using the word "transphobic". Your triple h love is admirable however.

In any event, no, Gabe worked with a friend of mine from high school. Nothing to do with booking, had to do with some shady business practices. He's a shithead.

Digging a hole deeper? You're a strange character using the word "transphobic". Your triple h love is admirable however.

In any event, no, Gabe worked with a friend of mine from high school. Nothing to do with booking, had to do with some shady business practices. He's a shithead.

6iHSh5d.gif

• Like 2

6iHSh5d.gif

How long do you think it's going to take him to realize I wasn't the one who said "transphobic"?

vlcsnap-00549.png

The short version is RVD was supposed to win the new Raw title over Trips in a tournament and carry the belt for 8 months or more alongside Brock. Trips makes the case that getting a new title is a heel move and RVD should "free the title"implying trips wanted to "make RVD". He never put him over and held the belt for eons.

Obviously this is a twenty minute story filled with politics and promises made to RVD and the writers backing him that never came true and paints HHH as a lying scum bag.

Meltzer always contends that HHH is extremely insecure like with the comparisons to Foley and he's resentful that he's not held in the same level as Austin, Foley and the Rock.

Also the idea that the reason they settled on 16 reigns for Flair was because it was a number Hunter could've beaten in time.

vlcsnap-00549.png

The short version is RVD was supposed to win the new Raw title over Trips in a tournament and carry the belt for 8 months or more alongside Brock. Trips makes the case that getting a new title is a heel move and RVD should "free the title"implying trips wanted to "make RVD". He never put him over and held the belt for eons.

Obviously this is a twenty minute story filled with politics and promises made to RVD and the writers backing him that never came true and paints HHH as a lying scum bag.

Meltzer always contends that HHH is extremely insecure like with the comparisons to Foley and he's resentful that he's not held in the same level as Austin, Foley and the Rock.

Also the idea that the reason they settled on 16 reigns for Flair was because it was a number Hunter could've beaten in time.

Look, ok. 

So how this works.

You say something. I respond with a picture of the APA on the hurri-cycle.

That's not an invitation for you to further explain what you're saying. The chutzpah on this guy.

• Like 3

I'm guessing Cody didn't take a shot at Colt for no reason. Colt probably made a comment in the past, about 2nd gen wrestlers getting signed, not having paid any dues. Colt is kinda a bitter guy.

Colt made a comment about a 2nd generation wrestler not being seriously punished in FCW after nearly killing someone in a drunk driving accident. He was talking about Ted Dibiase Jr and all news articles said the other individual in the accident was not seriously hurt.

I'm guessing Cody didn't take a shot at Colt for no reason. Colt probably made a comment in the past, about 2nd gen wrestlers getting signed, not having paid any dues. Colt is kinda a bitter guy.

Colt made a comment about a 2nd generation wrestler not being seriously punished in FCW after nearly killing someone in a drunk driving accident. He was talking about Ted Dibiase Jr and all news articles said the other individual in the accident was not seriously hurt.

Well played sir. According to this, http://www.mc.edu/beacon/spring-2014/features/wrestling-calling DiBiase fell asleep at the wheel so Colt's comment is pretty fair comment I'd say - assuming that's what he was talking about.

Do you not see the irony of this statement?

RIPPA, lock this motherfucker down please....

Do you not see the irony of this statement?

RIPPA, lock this motherfucker down please....

Kinda. But Punk voluntarily left and Del Rio did not. That gives Punk a lot less reason to lie. Not to mention the standard of callign someone a racist is much higher than saying they did not book Punk properly.

If you don't like the thread, you don't have to read it.