DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/7/14

victor

Looks like a pretty good show:

* JBL and Michael Cole are out for commentary.

* Daniel Bryan kicks off Smackdown to a huge pop and “yes!” chants. He talks about what Triple H said on RAW about Bryan being the face of the company. Bryan says he doesn’t want to be the face. He calls out Kane  for attacking him on RAW. Kane  apologizes and says it was unprofessional. Bryan tells Kane to take off the cheap suit, put the mask on and get rid of Corporate Kane. Kane says he’s glad the Team Hell No days are over and the fans chant “you sold out” at him. Bryan tells Kane to come to the ring and settle it. Kane refuses and books Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro for tonight.

* Roman Reigns and Dean Amrose beat Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler. Seth Rollins was on commentary. Ambrose and Reigns argued the whole match. Reigns hit a Superman punch and a spear on Ziggler and let Ambrose tag himself in to get the pin. Fans chanted for Rollins, the hometown hero.

* The Wyatt Family appear on the big screen after the match and cut a promo.

Sheamus beat Ryback in what was called a surprisingly good match.

* Renee Young is backstage with Alberto Del Rio with footage of him attacking Batista on RAW. Del Rio says Batista is the animal but he’s the tamer.

* Zeb Colter is out with Jack Swagger and Antonio Cesaro. He says Swagger won the Elimination Chamber last year and Cesaro will win it this year. Daniel Bryan is out next to a big pop. There wereCM Punk chants during this match. Bryan gets the win in an amazing match. After the match, Kanecomes out and Cesaro attacks with, hitting a Neutralizer. Kane hits the ring and chokeslams Bryan.

* They air an Ernie Ladd video package for Black History Month.

* A promo with Lana and Alexander Rusev airs.

* AJ Lee with Tamina Snuka beat Nikki Bella with Brie Bella. Nikki accidentally threw AJ into Brie, knocking her off the apron. AJ used Black Widow to get the win.

* Titus O’Neil is backstage with Renee Young. He talks about how he will soon have WWE gold.Darren Young attacks him until security breaks it up.

* Bray Wyatt vs. Goldust is up next. Cody Rhodes, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper were all at ringside. Wyatt ended up getting the win. The Shield appeared on the big screen after the match and said they will claim victory at Elimination Chamber.

* Randy Orton beat Christian in the main event. Christian came off the ropes and Orton caught him with a RKO for the win.

• Like 1

* Randy Orton beat Christian in the main event. Christian came off the ropes and Orton caught him with a RKO for the win.

Vintage Orton/Christian match!

I was wondering if they would run an angle where Orton loses to all of his elimination chamber opponents. But then I remember no way would they give Christian a glimmer of hope of possibly winning. Still should be a good match. Orton and Christian have always had good matches together.

Daniel Bryan kicks off Smackdown to a huge pop and “yes!” chants. He talks about what Triple H said on RAW about Bryan being the face of the company. Bryan says he doesn’t want to be the face. He calls out Kane  for attacking him on RAW. Kane  apologizes and says it was unprofessional. Bryan tells Kane to take off the cheap suit, put the mask on and get rid of Corporate Kane. Kane says he’s glad the Team Hell No days are over and the fans chant “you sold out” at him. Bryan tells Kane to come to the ring and settle it. Kane refuses

The underlining makes this look like a mad-lib filled in by the biggest nerd 10-year-old future DVDVR Mod ever.

...who really really likes Kane.

I'm anxious to see this card, the best thing to happen to D-Bry's career is the departure of C.M. Punk.  

Although it probably doesn't make him feel very good that people chant for a guy who's not even in the company while he's wrestling.

I'm anxious to see this card, the best thing to happen to D-Bry's career is the departure of C.M. Punk.  

Although it probably doesn't make him feel very good that people chant for a guy who's not even in the company while he's wrestling.

I don't recall hearing any CM Punk chants during Bryan's match on RAW. Then again, I barely recall that crowd chanting anything.

I don't recall hearing any CM Punk chants during Bryan's match on RAW. Then again, I barely recall that crowd chanting anything.

I think I heard them once, but it was faint and died quick...like most the noise that night

I think I heard them once, but it was faint and died quick...like most the noise that night

Didn't someone report (maybe dave) that they purposely turned the crowd mics down Monday, for fear of Punk chants?

Eh. If Bryan had left, and Punk was doing his normal matches now, they probably be chanting "Bryan!" or "Yes" during his matches  Crowds want to be cool.

I'm actally into Sheamus vs Ryback. This show does sound awesome.

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would be surprised that Sheamus had a good match with anybody. Guess they forgot that tear he went on in 2012.

It was eclipsed by him being neck and neck with Lawler for the lead in 'get this character the fuck off my TV' points.

Will be watching piecemeal so expect like 500 reviews.

The Shield vs. Dolph/Kofi is AWESOME. Rollins on commentary is great. He does a great job evading Cole's questions about dissension between Reigns and Ambrose and just being an abrasive prick. Kofi does face-in-peril well and Dolph brings the apron work. Rollins talks a bit about the upcoming Wyatt showdown and really hypes it up about how bad they want it. The end segment is so much fun and adds to the story. Dean tries to steal a tag from Reigns who sees it coming. Dean does scumbag so well. Kofi ends up pulling Dean to the apron after that. He tries for the Trouble In Paradise off the steps on Rollins, who distracts and whiffs and Ambrose takes him out on the floor. Reigns does the best Superman punch yet to Dolph, who eats it like no other. Then he Spears him into another dimension. THEN he tags in Ambrose and offers him the pin with a smug grin on his face. Rollins once again has to play peacemaker. Awesome.

Reigns' apron dropkick is one of the coolest moves in ages. Damn, that move is INSANE.

After the match, there's a Wyatt promo. It's the usual greatness -- Bray mentions how The Shield are doing battle within each other to show who has the sharpest teeth. Harper talks again and is so menacing and creepy.

Feud of the Year. This friggin' RULES. The EC has so many great workers in it and is usually just chaos as a match. But man, The Shield's Last Stand is what I really care about with this. Great old-school badass nastiness.

Skipped to Bray vs. Golddust. It's a lot of fun, as you'd expect. There's one spot that made me jump. Goldie whips Bray into the corner and is charging but Bray does that bend backwards thing while laughing and Golddust backs off and makes this great "WTF?" face as Bray starts screaming some apocalypse stuff. Bray also takes the Dustincanrana like a champion. Bray's one of the most interesting wrestlers physically in ages -- a short, fat dude who has this ridiculous agility and can move. The end is a bit flat. Harper and Rowan jump Cody which distracts Goldie, whose head is between the ropes. Bray then snaps Dustin's neck over the top rope and then hits Sister Abigail. The neck snap isn't QUITE as vicious as it needed to be -- just a bit off with the execution to sell it as a death move.

The Shield then counter with a crazy promo of their own. Rollins: "I'm going to scrape the beards off your faces with the bottom of my boot!" Then Bray screams "I'LL BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD WHEN THERE EYES ARE BATTERED SHUT! THE FOOLS! THE FOOLS!" That might be Bray's best attribute -- how loud he screams while enunciating. It adds so much to his persona.

Someone said earlier that in another era this match would be a total bloodletting. I'm glad for sanitation purposes we're no longer in that era because all six of these freaks would transmit blood to each other and Ambrose and Harper are the most likely (kayfabe but who knows in real) persons on the roster to carry some sort of disease.

They HAVE to have an arena brawl before the PPV match, right?

Since reading the Smackdown spoilers, I looked forward to Daniel Bryan vs. Antonio Cesaro because of the two involved and their match on the 22nd of July 2013 RAW during the Daniel Bryan Gauntlet match was awesome.  I had it in my top three for WWE Match of the Year and just outside my top five for Overall. This didn’t top it but was a great match. I particularly liked the finish as Bryan came out of a headscissors straight into the match winning Yes Lock.

Sheamus vs. Ryback was a bloody good bomb throwing battle between two powerhouses. I didn’t expect Ryback to counter Sheamus’s Brogue Kick attempt with a Powerbomb or Sheamus to hit a Brogue Kick out of Ryback going for the Meat Hook clothesline. Ryback’s best singles match against anyone not named Daniel Bryan. I enjoyed this one.

Liked the match between two different characters, Bray Wyatt vs. Goldust with Wyatt winning with Sister Abigail and Randy Orton vs. Christian was a very good match. Fun seeing them wrestle each other again, only Christian or Bryan can lay claim to having the best lengthy feud with Orton.