DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

Well that was rather weird.  They decided to mute the commentary for the 10 divas tag match with AJ as guest commentator.  You can hear the crowd and wrestlers but not the announcers.  Wonder if that happened in the live version and if not what would have caused the edit.

Hmmm, I watched it yesterday and there was commentary.

Well that was rather weird.  They decided to mute the commentary for the 10 divas tag match with AJ as guest commentator.  You can hear the crowd and wrestlers but not the announcers.  Wonder if that happened in the live version and if not what would have caused the edit.

The commentary was fine when I just watched now. Speaking of which Tamina had one of the most murderous faces in the post match stuff with AJ.

Yeah that is really weird.  I thought maybe it was a Roku thing but nope same issue on PC version.  Can hear entrance music, the crowd, and the wrestlers in the ring but no commentary.  Only happened on the divas match too.

Not a big deal just strange  :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Wyatts vs. Shield tonight. Not NEARLY enough excitement for this. As great as WM was, I still think EC was the best match of the year (and maybe the decade). Their Raw rematch is still the best free TV match of the year, too.

The storyline has changed, though. The Shield are now on the same page and resurgent ass-kickers. The Wyatts set the world on fire last night and looked better than they ever have.

• Like 1

Wyatts vs. Shield tonight. Not NEARLY enough excitement for this. As great as WM was, I still think EC was the best match of the year (and maybe the decade). Their Raw rematch is still the best free TV match of the year, too.

The storyline has changed, though. The Shield are now on the same page and resurgent ass-kickers. The Wyatts set the world on fire last night and looked better than they ever have.

I think the excitement is down just because of the WrestleMania XXX/Post WrestleMania XXX RAW talk. I fully agree with you on the first two matches and it's going to have to go some to match them let alone surpass them.Just hope the match makes it's way online as we don't get this show in the UK! Be miffed if I don't see it.

Yeah, everyone needs to watch that. Holy cow. Not even gonna try to rank it with the other two but, man as three-match series go this is up there. The post-match interview is fucking awesome too.*

*I know the live show thread rule. Sorry.

• Like 1

This match is SO friggin' great and absolutely nothing like their first two matches. It's worked more traditionally than the other two. The Shield are clear faces in this. Ambrose is an amazing dirtbag Ricky Morton as he works a hot tag for so long and just eats so much stuff from The Wyatts. There's a ton of other great stuff in this. Reigns sails backwards over the announcer's table after Harper dives through the ropes onto him. Rollins has his awesome offense throughout this and hits two beautiful dives. There's just all sorts of awesome.

The end sequence is really great. The Shield have had nothing but great end sequences and this is at the top of the list. Ambrose hits the Dirty Deeds (I LOVE that name) for the win on Rowan -- a great touch since he got the crap beat out of him the whole match.

I think it's the third of the series. Some of the execution was a bit off -- nothing too bad but slightly noticeable. Also, the crowd was a snoooze for this in the beginning for some reason. But they got super into it by the end since all six of these guys are absolutely fantastic.

A definite keeper.

• Like 1

I wrote that review before I saw the post-match promo. Absolutely fantastic work. Ambrose is at his absolute best in this, trying to talk but selling (I think?) a broken rib and choking when trying to find the words. Reigns kicks some game to Renee. And Rollins brings the fire.

I believe, guys. I believe.

Reigns' promo was fucking amazing. "Renee, do I look faceless, baby?" *GIRLIE POP*

Ambrose sounded legit fucked up afterwards, like he'd busted some ribs.

That was a really fun match. If there is any truth to the "return of the six-man tag titles" rumor, I'm in full support of it. I've always enjoyed tag matches but in the past few years I've become a fan of six (or more) man tags. There was a big one on an episode of Raw from (I think) 2011 that really showcased how over they can get with the live crowd and it helps keep the booking from falling into the trap of trading wins on Raw and Smackdown and then having a PPV match without a ton of heat.

I hope Ambrose was just doing a great sell-job and isn't actually hurt. I've still got my fingers crossed for Wargames at Extreme Rules (but I'm not holding my breath).

After Ambrose's first aborted effort to talk, you can see Rollins asking if he's alright, and him giving a nod. Also, when Reigns did his "Do I look faceless, baby?" line, Ambrose leaned on the ropes right on the ribs he was selling, laughing. I think he's ok.

Another great Shield/Wyatts six man.. enjoyed the finishing stretch as usual. Rollins is awesome off the hot tag, Ambrose was on fire with the selling. Love the post-match promo, all three guys ruled there.

It's not as good as either previous match, but it's not that far off. Well worth watching.

This match is SO friggin' great and absolutely nothing like their first two matches. It's worked more traditionally than the other two.

I think it's the third of the series. Some of the execution was a bit off -- nothing too bad but slightly noticeable. Also, the crowd was a snoooze for this in the beginning for some reason. But they got super into it by the end since all six of these guys are absolutely fantastic.

A definite keeper.

I agree with both of you. Still a great match as you expect with who's involved and the first two matches they had.

Dean Ambrose as the face-in-peril is just SOOOO awesome.  I had to rewind the spot where Bray hit him with a headbutt and Ambrose connected with a punch on his way down.

Edit:  Also, this.

VJwLnD5.gif

• Like 2

What's MY name~?

Roman was great with that promo.

Another great Wyatt/Shield match. Not as good as the others but Ambrose was the star in this one where in the others he played a smaller role. Great showing by him and by Reigns in the promo after the match.

Dean Ambrose as the face-in-peril is just SOOOO awesome.  I had to rewind the spot where Bray hit him with a headbutt and Ambrose connected with a punch on his way down.

Edit:  Also, this.

VJwLnD5.gif

TOO SOON!

Yeah, I found that on reddit.  Pretty sure it pre-dates the Warrior news by an hour or two.  Bad timing to say the least. 

Wish I could have found a different version of the GIF, but I had to post it.  How often do people bust out a Flair flop during a victory celebration? Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose is the real deal. 

• Like 1

I got the feeling during that promo that Ambrose was doing his absolute best to fuck around with Reigns and Rollins. The only thing I really want in wrestling anymore are matches where Ambrose is a face-in-peril who sells tongue injuries and stuff like that.

• Like 2