DVDVR Message Board

Erm, help. My PS3 gone broked.

Adam

Hey all

So I was playing Far Cry 3 yesterday, and as I went to go through a door (not sure if this has anything to do with it.. Straws much) it just went 'beep beep beep' and turned itself off, and started flashing a red light.

The next few times I tried to turn it on, it loaded up the XMB with no problem, then when I selected Far Cry 3 again, it loaded for about a minute, and then again turned itself off. I left it til today, but the same thing happened.

Is my PS3 ready to RIPieces?

I don't have the money to save up for a ps4 right now because i'm saving to move house in 2 months time, and I cant justify laying out about a hundred for a PS3 right now.

..Far Cry 3 was going so great as well!

Any help from anybody or suggestions?

Thanks.

That's what mine was doing before it died. Basically it is overheating and open world games where the disc is being constantly accessed is making it worse. You can try opening it up to get rid of the dust or try the hairdryer trick but it's pretty much fubared at this point. I'd back up your saves, etc ASAP

Thanks guys, I guess i'll just have to give up on PS3 until I move house and get a PS4.

Maybe by that time some good games will be out for it.

Or tragically, given my waning interest in gaming the last year, maybe i'll just give up gaming altogether.

I hope not.

Couple of questions. Is it just fc3 or any game?

Three things I'd try.

1) different game. If it dies on a different game, its the ps3 hardware. If not, its the game files.

2) Remove the game data for fc3, reinstall it and try again?

3) This will be a pain in the ass - try deleting the save file and game data and try again?

if that doesnt work, then I'd lean towards YLOD.

The three beeps and flashing red light is hardware malfunction, usually overheating which will eventually lead to total failure (YLOD). You might be able to play something else off the hard drive or do a temp fix to squeeze a little more life out of it, but it's pretty much toast.