DVDVR Message Board

24...getting a few episodes coming in May

misanthrope304

I'd be shocked if we don't get a season 10 out of this. It's been so good it can't be one and done. Plus what the hell else does Kiefer have to do besides drink?

Kiefer is just trying to keep a long tradition up of being a professional alcoholic. He's got those Tequilla commercials after all.

Seriously though an amazing end to this season. William DeVaine (BUY SOME GOLD) should get an Emmy nomination for that last scene of his. I really hope they get a season 10 out of this. Jack deserves to have one day end on a good note.

Nothing ever goes well for Jack. We all know this. I didn't really that much depression to go down, but here we are.

Sets up perfectly for another season, and hopefully it'll be what we all wanted season six to be.

Outstanding season, and, as I said before, I wasn't really a fan coming in.  Loved the first 50 min of the finale.  Kiefer really killed it with his reaction to Audrey's death, and Devane brought it too in his last couple scenes.

Hated the cliffhanger ending, though it wasn't entirely unexpected.  Dammitt Chloe!  Once Chloe was revealed to be missing, I guessed how the last 10 min would play out.  Not really the way I wanted to see the show end.  I'm assuming the producers expect season 10.  Surely, the show's last bow won't end with Jack being tortured in a Russian prison.  Though I'm wondering if the Russians will really torture him.  The show went there once already (with the Chinese).  Maybe it's a swerve and they'll put Jack to work for then or somesuch.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I had paid more attention to previous seasons (I wasn't a regular watcher after season 3), but I wasn't invested in Audrey's death at all.  I watched the show casually during her stint on it and this year, she got very little to do.  Actually, I correctly guessed that she was going to die because they gave her little to do during the first 11 hrs, and there really wasn't any reason to bring her back and pay KIm Raver's salary (which was probably fairly hefty) unless they were going to either kill her or let her and Jack walk off into the sunset together in the finale.

It's definitely coming back. Last week they announced a 24 Comic Con panel. Ostensibly it was a "celebration of LIVE ANOTHER DAY," but come on...Studios don't pay for Con time unless they have something to promote. The cliffhanger basically confirmed that they'll be announcing a new season. Which makes sense. This season didn't set the ratings on fire, but it was a solid hit that helped carry FOX through the early summer, so why wouldn't they do another one. The short schedule makes it much more financially feasible to keep on the air.

Maaaan... that was a damn good finale. Audrey was such a goddamm nut punch. Heller's talk with the PM damn near destroyed me. Watching my grandmother go through the same thing just makes it hit home a little bit harder.

Can't wait for next season. Have to think that we won't get the same as when Jack was a prisoner of the Chinese.

Maybe I'd feel differently if I had paid more attention to previous seasons (I wasn't a regular watcher after season 3), but I wasn't invested in Audrey's death at all.  I watched the show casually during her stint on it and this year, she got very little to do.  Actually, I correctly guessed that she was going to die because they gave her little to do during the first 11 hrs, and there really wasn't any reason to bring her back and pay KIm Raver's salary (which was probably fairly hefty) unless they were going to either kill her or let her and Jack walk off into the sunset together in the finale.

Also, and I can't speak for all 24 fans but general consensus I get is that Audrey wasn't all that liked anyway. I remember on the old board when they offed Renee the general sentiment was "Fuck this show." Pretty much everybody I know preferred her to Audrey. I get the Curtis love but losing Renee really was by far the show's most monumental blunder in retrospect.

So, yeah, I imagine they wanted to kill off one of the legacy characters to give the season weight and going forward Audrey was the most expendable.

I haven't followed the ratings or whatever but it sure seemed like they left the door open for a "Prison Break" style season somewhere down the line. Maybe not next summer but at some point - maybe do like a 3 night miniseries - I'd love to see an Expendables style arc where Agent Kate, Jack's new henchman, One Armed Chase, Tony and Chloe all go to Russia to break Jack out.

Of course, I know I'm in the minority but I'd also be down with a 24 featuring just Agent Kate. Granted ever since Chuck I could pretty much watch Yvonne Strahovski read a phone book for 45 minutes but still...