DVDVR Message Board

24...getting a few episodes coming in May

misanthrope304

I finally watched Monday's episode.

There is ALWAYS a mole!

Yeah, although so far they've avoided most of the other 24 cliches (useless side stories, multiple red herrings before the big bad shows himself).

I gotta admit, I wouldn't mind Jack torturing someone while screaming "Tha bahmb!  Where is the bahmb?"  Just for old times sake.

Yeah it was sort of obvious Bratt was probably the real traitor. I'm kind of wondering if he will even be caught this season and if what he is involved in isn't just a hook for the next season, presuming this one is successful.

So happy I'm not the only one enjoying crazy villainess Catelyn Stark  She fits the villain role so much better.

Nah, she's great.  Really hoping 24 doesn't pull the usual bait and switch and reveal that she's working for the guy who's working for the guy who is the real big bad.  She's too good to for her character to end up a pawn,

Is Michelle Farley a sympathetic character (babyface) on Game of Thrones?  I've never gotten around to watching GoT (probably will this summer).  She seems to have very little babyface charisma, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's typecast as a villian.

Really enjoying this season.  Who knew the perfect length for 24 was 12?  I assumed this was the end of the line for the show (I doubt the proposed movie ever gets made.  Is that even still in play?), but I wouldn't mind another mini-season.  I'm not even really a diehard fan of the show.  (I think s1 was the only season I watched in it's entirety.  The "24" formula is cool for a while, but it really ends up hurting the storytelling (24 reminds me a bit of "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr".  As a homage to the Saturday afternoon pulp serials that inspired the show, they decided that they stage a mini-cliffhanger every time the show took a break for a commercial.  Wow, that got old fast).

Still not digging Lisbeth SalanderChloe.  Really enjoyed non-emo Chloe so I kinda hate the change.

Is Michelle Farley a sympathetic character (babyface) on Game of Thrones?  I've never gotten around to watching GoT (probably will this summer).  She seems to have very little babyface charisma, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's typecast as a villian.

Her character on GoT is supposed to more or less be a good, but she ended up being a bit too stupid to feel sympathy for most of the time.

I don't think whatshisface is a mole in the traditional 24 sense of things. Sounds like he just set up Renee 2.0's dead husband and is hoping it goes away instead of getting dragged into the spotlight on such a chaotic day.

Nobody on this past Mondays episode? That was a kickass episode of 24. I was liking this season so far but this is an episode that really justifies bringing it back from the dead. You can tell they spent some coin on this episode, another benefit of the format change. Looking back 24 episodes for this style of a show is absurd. I guess they and mostly Keifer Sutherland deserve some credit for keeping me interested 192 episodes and a TV movie into Jacks story.

Lady Stark in an awesome villain.

Agreed all around. The show seems to really be benefiting from the 12 episode format. I thought I'd enjoy it as a nostalgia trip but it's actually been a ton of fun in its own right, so far exceeding my expectations.

Nobody on this past Mondays episode? That was a kickass episode of 24. I was liking this season so far but this is an episode that really justifies bringing it back from the dead. You can tell they spent some coin on this episode, another benefit of the format change. Looking back 24 episodes for this style of a show is absurd. I guess they and mostly Keifer Sutherland deserve some credit for keeping me interested 192 episodes and a TV movie into Jacks story.

Lady Stark in an awesome villain.

This week's ep was hugely entertaining.  So far, I'm enjoying this shortened season more than the 24 episode seasons.

Do wonder where the Ben Bratt terrorism stuff is going,  I feel like it has to tie back into the main plot somehow to justify the time spent on it.

A heel turn by Yvonne Strahovski's character wouldn't surprise me.

Even the mole shit isn't awful yet, because it's being kept to a minimum and really isn't being done to impede the good guys going after the terrorists.

I'm a little disappointed because having Michael Wincott as a good guy was unexpected.  I kinda rolled my eyes at the screen when his character turned out to be the handler behind the mole.

Even the mole shit isn't awful yet, because it's being kept to a minimum and really isn't being done to impede the good guys going after the terrorists.

I'm a little disappointed because having Michael Wincott as a good guy was unexpected.  I kinda rolled my eyes at the screen when his character turned out to be the handler behind the mole.

Except it was blatantly obvious from the getgo that he wasn't a good guy and neutral at best.

Caught the new ep on my Hulu while working on this blade server.  Holy shit..

I will admit that I laughed at Jack's "it is the policy of this country not to negotiate with Terrorists" after recent current events.

..and that's all I am going to say on that subject.

I guess after Lady Stark eats a bullet in-between the eyes Jack will use Chloe to move in on Wilcott's character.

Yeah, just saw this week's episode, too.

Guess Greg never should have left Knots Landing.

Honestly, I sat there the entire last segment saying, "No way they're going to actually do it." And then they did.

I think that's the ballsiest thing they've done on the show since Palmer got sniped. Yeah, deaths like Curtis, Renee, and so on and so forth were rough, but were any of them really all that shocking? I don't think so. This one was...well, it was mind-blowing, considering that just an hour of real time again, Heller was wondering if this was the best course of action.

I kinda thought they were gonna kill Heller. I wasn't shocked when it happened. I was sad though because I thought Heller was a good character. I was also surprised he didn't get the silent clock. Maybe the missile missed?!

I don't think this was anywhere near as shocking as when they killed Palmer.

Yeah, the lack of silent clock + not seeing the body + cliffhanger ending make me think he might have survived.  I kinda hope he is dead, though.  It was a memorable way to go out, and the Heller character is done for, one way or another.  Even for 24, it'd be hugely implausible to give Heller a happy ending.  A sitting president making decisions while he knows he has Alzheimer's isn't going to end well. 

Did we see Kate actually get info from Margot's daughter?  I remember Kate giving a speech, then cutting away, then Kate telling Jack what info she obtained.  Wondering if that's a red herring and she obtained info through other means.  Not sure where Kate fits into the storyline, so I'm expecting a heel turn or the show possibly gets rebooted with Yvonne Strahovski as the lead and without Keifer.  Not sure anyone would watch that though.  Kate and Ben Bratt's character conspiring together wouldn't surprise me. 

Kinda hoping Chloe is working deep undercover to bring down her creepy mentor/wannabe boyfriend.  Him turning about to be a bad guy wasn't overly surprising.  The actor has a weasly, sinister look, so I doubt he gets too many "babyface" roles.  Also half expecting a heel turn by Tate Donovan.  Nothing about the character seems suspect so far, but he has a tendency to be cast as good guys who turn heel.

Kinda hoping this isn't the end of the show.  The shorter length is working quite well.  How are ratings?

they showed a kind of point of view shot from the missile flying towards heller and then showed the center of the pitch being blown up. i know this is 24 and all but it would be well beyond absurd for him to be alive.

Also half expecting a heel turn by Tate Donovan.  Nothing about the character seems suspect so far, but he has a tendency to be cast as good guys who turn heel.

the guy that forged the presidents signature in order to turn jack over to the russians? theres nothing sinister about that guy? if anything they initially set him up as a heel and he'll turn face.

I remember reading somewhere that they can't show an active president getting murdered on TV which is why they died off camera in previous seasons. I think he is dead for good.

Margot's daughter gave Kate the address and the info about her husband putting the data disc under the floorboard.

I'm 99.9% sure neither Kate nor Chloe are gonna turn heel. I think (hope) 24 has learned from their past that everyone except Jack turning heel killed the swerves. It was great when Nina turned heel in season one but it got way too over the top. I think it's a good thing to have at least a couple of non-Jack characters that you can count on to not turn.