DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Why did Sting lose the belt to Flair in an untelevised match in '91? Same circumstance? I believe they showed footage of the match on TV but it was a house show iirc

Sting was not drawing as champion.

I think it was at the meadowlands. And during a snowstorm, so poor crowd.

Is the Chicago Raw next week?  Three hours of the crowd highjacking that show might worth tuning in for the entire three hours.  I'm sure Vince and Co have got to have some kind of plan for that, right?

It's rumored Hogan and Austin will be there.

Is the Chicago Raw next week?  Three hours of the crowd highjacking that show might worth tuning in for the entire three hours.  I'm sure Vince and Co have got to have some kind of plan for that, right?

No, next week's Raw hails from Green Bay, Wisconsin.

The crowd will hijack it to chant for Mr. Kennedy............

............Kennedy

• Like 2

By which point Watts had had enough anyway.

Say, this is interesting:

Doug Gilbert and Sir Mo (WWE's Men on a Mission) worked the 2/15 Ripley Championship Wrestling (RCW) card at the Power Pro Arena in Ripley, TN.

I was under the impression that Mo was in pretty bad shape these days.

• Like 1

I think everyone needs to stop fantasy booking interference in a cage match

Why?  There is often interference in WWE's biggest name cage matches: HBK-Undertaker, Austin-McMahon, etc. etc. I could see if people were fantasy-booking blood or something that will never happen, but interference in a WWE cage match is pretty common.

More to the point, the Elimination Chamber door gets opened up whenever someone gets eliminated.  Also, someone can just climb up through the grating.

I know what they should do Sunday...

During the intros, Orton enters first and goes into his pod.  Bryan is next and goes into his pod.  Cesaro out next and into his pod.  Zeb and Swags come to the ring with him.  Sheamus comes out and thumps his chest and fellas around and ends up jawing with Swagger.  Christian is out next and THE MONSTER MENG! comes out of the crowd and beats the hell out of Christian.  Sheamus goes out to the floor to help but Swagger attacks him and then BUNKHOUSE BUCK! comes out riding on a bear and Christian and Sheamus are left laying.  Bunkhouse and the bear go into the Chamber and Bunkhouse tries to enter into Sheamus' pod.  Vickie Guerrero comes out with a lipstick stained Colonel Parker and she gives the thumbs up to the refs and they officially allow Bunkhouse and the bear into the match.  Orton is going nuts because he's been ducking Bunkhouse Buck for years.  Bryan is amped because he really wants to wrestle a bear.  Zeb is going crazy because he thinks the bear is Canadian.

Match starts with the bear and Cena.  Cena runs like a bitch and he also tries to avoid the bear until Bunkhouse Buck enters and kicks Cena straight in the dick and the bear takes Cena down and pins him.  Bryan in next and the bear easily tosses him around and pins him.  Orton is in next and Buck punches him in the dick and then kicks him in the head and eliminates him.  New champ guaranteed now.  Cesaro in and he tries to swing the bear but the bear swings him instead and pins him.  Meng forces the refs to keep the cage door open and the Colonel tells the bear to leave but then the lights go out and when they come back on, The Wyatt Family are in the ring and the bear has Buck covered.  1, 2, 3.  The bear is the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion!  Bray Wyatt puts his hat on the bear's head and also gives him a jug to drink out of and then he announces the new WWE World Heavyweight Champion to the audience as BEAR WYATT!

So at WrestleMania it's "Animal vs. Animal" with Batista challenging Bear Wyatt for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and a six-man tag team war with The Wyatt Family vs. The Real Americans and Bunkhouse Buck.

• Like 11

Doug Gilbert and Sir Mo (WWE's Men on a Mission) worked the 2/15 Ripley Championship Wrestling (RCW) card at the Power Pro Arena in Ripley, TN.

they had a benefit show to help pay for Sir Mo's kidney transplant in November. I'm not sure if Mo is actually wrestling, but guess who is working soon?

BgoWVuuIcAAfJXF.jpg

they had a benefit show to help pay for Sir Mo's kidney transplant in November. I'm not sure if Mo is actually wrestling, but guess who is working soon?

BgoWVuuIcAAfJXF.jpg

Je

Jerry has worked a handful of matches for Northern Mississippi indies last year. Sir Mo has been doing a few matches the past year. One was for EPW that  runs North MS and they also use Bill Dundee all the time.

Yeah, i've heard that Lawler is still working, which seems kinda ridiculous since i'd think the WWE pays him pretty well for essentially 3 hours a week of work and then he's going out and doing that on his weekends for some extra money. But hey, freedom of choice and all. There's certainly a lot of post-heart attack people who are probably living a riskier lifestyle until this next heart attack

I'm hoping that the Sir Mo matches are tag matches and that a guy on Kidney Dialysis isn't working anything too grueling.

............Kennedy

254343_10150219874136443_7175346442_7678

Milwaukee!

3957069208_fc3c2e8f6b.jpg

It's just unsafe for Jerry to be wrestling anymore. I wish, for his own safety, WWE would tell him to stop taking bookings if he wants to remain employed by them.

granted, he'd take even more indy bookings if they fire him for refusing to stop wrestling indies. Not sure who has the leverage here.

I wonder how many of the people booking Jerry Lawler to wrestle are long-time buddies of his where Lawler is taking bookings to help his buddies make some extra money

............Kennedy

254343_10150219874136443_7175346442_7678

Milwaukee!

3957069208_fc3c2e8f6b.jpg

Mable is heavier than Oscar and Mo and has been fatter, longer,  but he somehow looks healthier than either of his teamates. Dafuk?!

• Like 2