DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Not jobbing adds value to you. People who say that loses don't matter are the ones who don't want to lose and are trying to talk others to do the jobs. Being a mark for yourself = more money, unless you're Triple H and you're getting paid mostly for creative/office job, then it's all ego.

Pretty sure Rock, Y2J and Ric Flair disagree with you.

Jobbing doesn't hurt you in and of itself unless you're a weak character. It's when you're not that strong of a character - Trips, Goldberg - that it hurts.

• Like 1

Why put over Triple H? Is he coming out of retirement to wrestle full time again? Is the WWE Universe © dying for one last, dominant run from him? Is he in danger of losing his spot in the company? Punk should have put over someone on his way out--Bryan, Reigns, Wyatt, Langston, or anyone else who needs the rub. But not Triple H.

Triple H beats Punk, loses to Bryan?

Better to just let Bryan beat Punk and Triple H seperately. Putting Triple H over does no one any good at this point.

From a former Smackdown head writer Alex Greenfield:

“You look at the way Bryan’s been booked since Summer Slam. An argument you see a lot is that Daniel Bryan’s PPVs didn't increase numbers and neither did his RAW segments well you gave him sh**** booking that involves belittling him every single week. This is something went with Rey (Mysterio). We had Mark kill him and the Great Khali killing him. We were burying our champion every single week. Of course that’s going to turn people off when you don’t give them what they want. Telescoping forward, I have the feeling that this is all going to come to a head and that they will put the title on Bryan in a big of a way as they feel is right and Vince is going to start booking him like Rey. Here’s a guy whose job is to get his ass kicked, and slip over every now and then. I think it’s terrible storytelling, it’s not what the people want and when people bitch about Bryan’s ratings and say well that’s the reason they’re not going with him they gave him a shot already. I don’t think they gave him a legitimate shot. I think they gave him a story that undercut him at the knees from the moment he walked out of the curtain.”

According to F4WOnline.com, Bray Wyatt writes all of his promos himself, and then submits them to the WWE creative team for edits and final approval.

I don't see this anywhere but if true, I can't say I'm surprised. It's always seemed to me, the less creative is involved the better.

you'd think more guys would get into the idea of just doing that. Get your creative guys on a e-mail cluster and let it work that way.

I'd imagine the worst way to handle creative is to just show up and get your stuff without really saying much about it in-between shows.

Anyways, here's a wrestler who is living his gimmick:

Just wait until they decide to give Ryback a "competitive eater" gimmick

Ryback vs. Kobayashi at Mania?

MONEY~!

Is Shawn Michaels the only smaller-guy face WWE champ that they really didn't book as a chump or an afterthought? just asking because the Rey/Bryan thing might just be a deeper thing where a fed that books the champ to be a dominant good guy has problems with booking non-big guy champs with the top belt

I think the idea is that they know Punk wanted to leave in general, so why not put HHH over him to heat him up to lose to someone else?

Because there's no guarantee Trips will actually lose to someone else. Why not cut out the middle man and have him lose on PPV to Dean Ambrose? Or Cesaro(not on an un announced RAW/SD)? Or Road Dogg? Someone fresh with a bright future.

I think the idea is that they know Punk wanted to leave in general, so why not put HHH over him to heat him up to lose to someone else?

Because there's no guarantee Trips will actually lose to someone else. Why not cut out the middle man and have him lose on PPV to Dean Ambrose? Or Cesaro(not on an un announced RAW/SD)? Or Road Dogg? Someone fresh with a bright future.

His contract is not up until July. But yes, if they didn't want to give Punk the win just make it Triple H vs Bryan anyway and find something else for Punk. Make him sell out and turn out to be the new GM and leader of the Shield.

I guess that depends whether Bret counts as a smaller guy.

Out of Bret's 3 reigns longer than a day as a face.. some of the booking could be called screwy. Although i'm sure Bret's book insists it all was kinda screwy.

For example, his 95/96 reign included quite a bit of "the good guy barely escapes with the belt" sorts of booking

Out of Bret's 3 reigns longer than a day as a face.. some of the booking could be called screwy. Although i'm sure Bret's book insists it all was kinda screwy.

For example, his 95/96 reign included quite a bit of "the good guy barely escapes with the belt" sorts of booking

Granted, but that's still only one out of three.

As a kid, I saw it as Bret being a "fighting champion".  Giving everyone a shot at the belt, who wouldn't normally get one (Pierre, Hakushi, 123 Kid)

weren't most of the Pierre/Hakushi-Bret matches held before Bret won the belt back in 95 and was facing everybody with a pulse? There might be some reasons to gripe over his 92/93 reign and the amount of focus he got compared to other main event types. Would be fewer reasons to complain about his 1994 reign although a portion of that reign occurred with Vince on trial

weren't most of the Pierre/Hakushi-Bret matches held before Bret won the belt back in 95 and was facing everybody with a pulse? There might be some reasons to gripe over his 92/93 reign and the amount of focus he got compared to other main event types. Would be fewer reasons to complain about his 1994 reign although a portion of that reign occurred with Vince on trial

Wasn't Bret the Champ when Pierre stole his jacket or whatever they were feuding over?

Has there ever been a punishment for being a shitty base on a big dive?  I can see if the guy overshoots his dive, but if you don't make an effort to catch a guy who is coming right at you, you should get fined or suspended or something.