DVDVR Message Board

Riduclous TNA Matches

That has more to do with TNA's overbooking than doing it in one ring.  All of the weapons, garbage cans, tables and part of a fence...inside a steel cage.  And giant Erik Watts as special ref inside the cage for the whole match for no reason.

Wildside/Anarchy usually do a War Games annually and it's in one ring and I don't recall them ever feeling as overcrowded as the TNA versions often do.

Monty Brown could've been an attraction if he had been limited to just doing promos and running in and hitting the POUUUNCE, period.  But they kept making him wrestle and exposed how green he was.

"That Trytan got a wee little head and I'm going to send him back to the planet of the wee heads."

"Samoa Joe, where you going with that cheeseburger in yo hand?"

That and he got made just another one of Jarrett's lackeys, like with AMW. Monty Brown was one of those perfect wrestling personalities. Over the top but enjoyably so.

It's really amazing TNA survived during the Planet Jarrett reign of terror. Here we are all these years later and we are hoping and praying Wealthy American Businessman Jeff Jarrett saves TNA.

• 2 weeks later...

Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt in a Ladder of Love match. Quality wise this match is really good if I remember right it wasnt a bad feud and both men were great in their respected roles but just the premise of the a wedding ring hanging above the ring and the winner gets So Cal Val by retrieving said ring is so ridiculous and just so pro wrestling and so Russo, and I actually mean that in a good way as I like this match. 

Wow, that makeout session between Dutt and SoCal Val at the end of the match is sleazy as hell. 

At least she got to decide who she married. I mean, if I was engaged, and my fiancee put our marriage up in a ladder match, I would probably dump her ass too.

Also, Abyss taking a bump off the set within two minutes. And Daffney taking a chokeslam off the top to the floor through a barb wire board.

Where she broke her arm, IIRC.

It was either that or where she got a concussion. Either would seem possible - the former especially due to that guardrail being right next to her arm.

Doomsday Chamber of Blood Match ridiculous more so for the name then anything else the Doomsday Chamber of Blood is merely the six sides of steel with barbed wire wrapped around top plus Test is in as "The Punisher" Andrew Martin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_nYilshpCg

An as an added bonus heres the Doomsday Chamber of Blood Match between Abyss and Matt Morgan from Lockdown 09. Sadly there is no barbed wire wrapped around the top of the steel cage.

I thought the Doomsday Chamber, when it was promoted, was one of those "no one can try to win until all competitors are bleeding."  I was disappointed when that wasn't the case at all.  Nope, not at all.

I cant find on internet but there was the ladder match between AJ Styles and, I think, Kazarian where the loser had to wear a turkey costume.

Though, AJ's tantrum is still hilarious.

The TNA Turkey Bowl is a holiday tradition I wish they would bring back.  AJ had to wear the turkey suit in the first one, in which the tournament winner got $25K and the loser of the final three-way had to wear a turkey suit.

I mean, if I was engaged, and my fiancee put our marriage up in a ladder match, I would probably dump her ass too.

When my wife and I first got serious, I made her promise never to risk our relationship in a ladder match.  I'm old school.  Texas bullrope match or nothing!

• Like 4

I cant find on internet but there was the ladder match between AJ Styles and, I think, Kazarian where the loser had to wear a turkey costume.Though, AJ's tantrum is still hilarious.

The TNA Turkey Bowl is a holiday tradition I wish they would bring back. AJ had to wear the turkey suit in the first one, in which the tournament winner got $25K and the loser of the final three-way had to wear a turkey suit.
The ladder match against Kaz was a Raindeer match in which the loser had to wear a Raindeer costume it was on a Christmas Eve edition of Impact. I've been searching for that match and Black Regin vs Kaz in a rat on a pole but niether match exist on YouTube.

Only two TNA matches I've watched this year are Gail Kim vs. Taryn Terrell (Last Knockout Standing and Ladder). Both were really good particularly the former. I'll put this recap in spoilers as I don't know where TNA is up to on TV:

-- Despite finishing up the Bound for Glory tournament without having done half the scheduled matches, the company still managed to tape a Joe Park vs. Jay Bradley Bound for Glory tournament match for Xplosion last night -- the SECOND TIME the two have worked in the tournament. This one is not AJ Styles' fault.

-- But WAIT! There's more! The guy in first place in the tournament (at least as of last night's Impact), Magnus, is also the guy with the least number of matches of anyone, just four.

-- AND EVEN MORE! On August 27th they did a house show where Joe beat Roode via submission and got 10 points. This must have been right around the time they decided to end the whole thing because on TV that match and those points were never acknowledged, because if they were Joe would have ended up in 2nd place and qualified for the No Surrender semi-finals. However, on TV they noted that Bobby Roode had lost four times in the Series -- which means they were acknowledging his loss to Samoa Joe, but not acknowledging the points Joe got by beating him.

-- For whatever it's worth, there are international partners with TNA who were under the impression that it was a round-robin tournament, everyone would be facing everyone else, and that was what was advertised during commentary for months.

-- I think the best course of action would be to not ever do a Bound for Glory Series again.

-- Also, as noted on the front page, the big disaster at the end of the show with Hulk Hogan inexplicably signing Sting to a title match despite the fact that earlier this year Sting lost a match where he would never be allowed to challenge for the title again was the latest in a string of problems involving Hulk and his memory. He was supposed to announce a non-title match, not a title match (not to mention saying it would take place next week, not this week). Also not something that TNA had anything to do with. They quickly went on Twitter and explained that it was not a title match. Bully also made sure to straighten it about before the match started, noting it wouldn't be a title match due to the PPV stipulation.

Very funny.