DVDVR Message Board

SD Spoilers for January 30th 2014

ChesterCopperpot

Shield/Wyatts has the potential to be Horsemen/Doom-esque. Hopefully we get Harper against any/all of the Shield in singles matches leading up to the ppv.

This first Harper vs. Roman showdown is going to be electric.

I don't see it. Nobody cares about Harper.

Ummm... He rolls people around like an alligator. I don't care about people who don't care about Harper.

• Like 9

Show's up on Daily Motion. I just watched The Shield and Wyatt promos for now. It definitely looks like there are some HHH shenanigans at work where the Wyatts are his new minions, from what he was hinting at. Either that, or he wants The Shield to just focus on the tasks he gives them.

I could see the possibility that HHH wanted Sheamus in the Chamber. Sheamus will end up screwing Daniel Bryan and they will go with a Wrestlemania title match of Sheamus vs the guy who turned on Daniel Bryan in an attempt to get fans to cheer Batista.

I think Harper might be a top five wrestler on the roster right now.

I'd have Harper in mine. Loved the promo by The Wyatt Family. Can't wait for The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family at the Elimination Chamber PPV. I'd like a traditional six man tag then a gimmick one. 

I think Harper might be a top five wrestler on the roster right now.

He's definitely in my top 5. It's a deep roster, but only Bryan and Lesnar are undeniably better, and I'd let Cena skate on reputation too. Depends how you rank Cesaro, Rollins, Goldust, Christian, etc. I'm just glad people are noticing Luke Harper, because I know I was on the front end of that bandwagon. 

Anyway, on SD, the Shield/Wyatt promos are basically the essence of pro wrestling. It really does feel like an epic clash in the making. Rollins mic work was really good during the Shield segment as the voice of reason. I also loved his "pumped up" mannerisms after the Wyatts' promo. Everyone in a mile radius should fear for their safety, but none of those 6 should be scared in the slightest. God I can't wait for that match.

Cesaro/Ziggler was solid. I really want Cesaro to get a post-Mania push, maybe win MITB this year.

When I saw Christian/Swagger, I remembered that we're about at the 4 year anniversary of their excellent ECW match where it looked like Swagger was gonna be huge. Times have changed, but these two still have excellent chemistry and Christian didn't waste a second taking an insane bump. Definitely the best Swagger match in some time.

The PTP break up would be inspiring if I had any confidence that either guy is gonna last more than 2 months in singles. Darren looks like he'll be hitting the ME/Superstars circuit in about a month, and it's hard to imagine Titus getting farther than an IC program with Langston (and losing). Good showing from Titus here, though, and Darren's busted lip helped things a lot.

The 6-man main was good. I love it when WWE teams do the Japan formula finish where the obvious ace tags the obvious weak link and it's only a matter of time before the #1 or 2 guy on the other team puts him away. Daniel Bryan is the hottest of hot tags. Tangentially related, I wish we could go back in time and have Reigns get the superman punch over as his main finisher. It looks way better than his spear (which is overdone as is), but he's stuck with the spear now thanks to Survivor Series.

Just watched SD on the DVR trying to kill time before the Super Bowl...

The Shield promo was solid. Hated HHH and Vickie killing the mood. Should have been the Wyatts coming out to address the issue.

Hyped to see Cesaro in the Chamber. The idea they are going to turn Swagger face and keep Cesaro as a a heel is baffling.

The Titus heel turn was well done. I remember thinking the PTPs were gold about 2 years ago. 

Enjoyed Christian-Swagger. Christian needs to do something about the Dennis the Menace haircut though. 

Fast forwarded the Kofi-Sandow match.

Anyone else notice that Road Dogg was wrestling with his wedding band on? Road Dogg vs. Cody was fun. 

The six man was hot but I liked Bryan-Bray from Rumble more if we were ranking matches. 

Overall, really enjoyable and easy to watch episode of Smackdown! It also reminds us why the WWE should really go back to 2 hour RAWs. 

You guys have a point about PTPs, I hope they aren't both on Superstars by next month. As a team they're money, but alone... let's just say that there is no Shawn Michaels in this breakup equation.

The main was fun but they keep having to invent new ways to throw in all the big spots at the end and it's weird. At least they aren't just doing everyone's finish like you think they might, but it's close to that.

Wyatts promo was just soooooooo money.

Watching it after reading it I was STILL marking out for it.

Question: When this match happens, and it's probably going to be great in the end, but would blood ADD to it? I'm not a huge fan of blood, but I'm sure Ambrose wouldn't mind getting some color for it.

I hope they stiff the crap out of each other.