DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-27-14 - Post-Rumble Raw

MGFanJay

I wish they could find a way for the Shield, the Wyatt family, and Brock Lesnar to separately decide to converge upon the Elimination Chamber structure and disrupt the match, causing the title to be held up put in abeyance, resulting in an eight-man tournament for the title involving Cena, Orton, Bryan, Bray Wyatt, Lesnar, Batista, Sheamus, and...maybe Punk, maybe someone else to free up Punk to face HHH. But that gets ruined if Batista's contract requires him to win because it will be hard to carry him to the finals, even if you gave him a second-round bye due to a double DQ/countout.

Why does Nikki wear the "Brie Mode" leggings instead-of Brie?  Also that stupid backwards ball cap.

For that matter, why was AJ wearing a baseball cap hanging from her belt loop or whatever tonight? 

These damn kids and their hip trends I don't understand.....

I wonder if those rumored "re-writes" were to put a Daniel Bryan-Triple H match on the table for Wrestlemania.

I wouldn't be shocked if the rewrite involved taking away an intended squash match for Alexander Rusev (or to have him run in and destroy both guys in the "Battle of Cleveland") so that the extra time could be used for the opening segment and, perhaps, the main event. I also wouldn't be shocked if they originally intended to maybe have Cena, Bryan, and Sheamus qualify for EC over the next couple of Raws but decided to compress it into tonight's show.

well, I thought it was kinda unusual that we got the first main event intro at 9:32 (central), although they managed to not start the match until 9:40, so it all worked itself out.

But if Brock just keeps destroying stuff, we have a good enough set up for an Undertaker return, don't we?

To answer a few little points asked in this thread

- the dude with the Steelers beanie was the one also wearing the Dwayne Wade Heat jersey. With that level of douchery - I am sure he posts on this board

- Miz's whole family was there. He jumped into his Mom and I guess brother's arms as he was going around ringside. 

- Rusev (and Lana who was tweeting about being backstage) were probably written off during the supposed script changes.

I didn't think Rusev was supposed to be a full-timer yet. I thought he just won an NXT battle royal or something to get the Rumble spot. I think that's how Bo Dallas got in last year.

The opening promo wasn't HHH's best troll work. No subtlety at all. Steph was pretty good, though. I liked how she had to direct the crowd to get their shit together with their chants to make the segment work. I'm also glad Rollins' biggest fuck-up was stepping on an invisible banana peel during their entrance instead of one of his big moves. Also liked how it was right on the edge of the frame so that it didn't call a lot of attention away from the segment, but was clear enough for everyone to have a good laugh.

The Batista/Orton segment was just sad really. The wide shot of Batista glaring at the hard camera waiting for the boos to pass with a "Please Leave Batista" sign in the background pretty much summed it up. Batista has no idea what to do with these reactions. Lesnar appearing saved the segment but didn't do the other two any favors by making them look small. I mean, Orton's stock couldn't be any lower at this point and ducking Lesnar is within his character, so whatever, but you'd think they'd at least write Batista to get in Lesnar's face or something to look courageous and tough. They both just stood there looking like "I hope Hunter picks the other guy."

Lesnar could beat up midcarders every week and I'd never get tired of it. Thank god for Lil' Naitch saving that fan from Brock's crazy chair toss. 

Main event was good despite the finish. Been too long since we've seen a nice Bryan/Rollins hot tag sequence. I'd be way down for a Wyatts/Shield 6-man at Mania.

I'm guessing the re-writes involve getting the belt off Orton at the Chamber and setting up a more important match for Bryan. Bryan/Batista isn't ideal, but it might be the only way out of their pickle right now. Barring some embarrassing retcon where Batista loses his #1 contenders spot before Mania, we're going to have to deal with him in the title match, so why not just channel both guys' intense reactions in the right direction? At least Bryan/HHH would make some storyline sense if they keep him away from the title, although it wouldn't help Batista's "face that everyone hates" problem. Punk/Sheamus would be a fine "we don't know what to do with these guys" match. Cena/Bray looks like it will still happen regardless. Don't really know where that would leave Orton, but who cares honestly? He barely deserves to win the pre-show battle royal at this point.

• Like 1

For a show that was allegedly designed to troll fans, it sure didn't feel trolley.  I am stoked for Shield vs. Wyatts.  I think I would dig the Shield more as tweeners that beat up everybody, heal, face or otherwise, and save us all from everything shitty rather than the Shield as lackeys for the Authority.

Especially if it leads to crazy Dean Ambrose promos, Reigns dropkicking people in the face, and Seth Rollins taking scary bumps.

Shield invades the Wyatt residence like the dea rading a drug shanty.

Please tell me we get to see something along the lines of...

Brian%20Pillman.jpg

Luke Harper with a shotgun yelling in tongues would be awesome.

• Like 2

You know, Bryan's pretty whiny. I guess that appeals to a lot of the current generation though.

Not only was he whiny, but also really shooty. Especially the part where he told Hunter he wanted to be in the Rumble for weeks. You know the same Daniel Bryan who was "brainwashed" by the Wyatts for a few weeks.

Shield invades the Wyatt residence like the dea rading a drug shanty.

Please tell me we get to see something along the lines of...

Brian%20Pillman.jpg

Luke Harper with a shotgun yelling in tongues would be awesome.

Reigns charges through a wall as Rollins shatters through a window with his rolling tumble. Then Ambrose strolls in through the door.

• Like 4