DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-27-14 - Post-Rumble Raw

MGFanJay

Hunter's boo boo face was glorious and got the show started off marvelously. Then things died. Then they died more. Then the crowd chanted for announcers. Loved Brock bringing doom and the Jake HOF vid. It was among the simplest ones they've ever done, but it was effective and made me want to rewatch his DVD set. Main event ruled. Reigns revving up after his floor to apron dropkick was great, and he's adding a lot of little telegraphing mannerisms to his big moves to get you hyped up about them. Great bit with Reigns powering out of the spinning STF before the Wyatts interfered. Bit wacky to have such a high stakes match end in a DQ, but I like the end result for what it sets up at the PPV.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/01/raw-1-27-14.html

Screens -

6acb35304320001.jpg

0848df304320006.jpg

d0e88c304327246.jpg

b4e24f304340055.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/iaupo1avfw2fjl89cznjlr31a8jvio50

Perhaps Seth Rollins would not have to worry about slipping in puddles if the three Shield members didn't pour a gallon of fucking water on their heads before they came out to the ring.

And why does Rollins dress like he's about to go skydiving? What is with that vest?

• Like 1

Cleveland booing Cena, when he is Daniel Bryan's partner, in a match where the winning team gets the title shot they so badly want Bryan to have - that was just an amazing lack of awareness on display.

Kudos, Cleveland.

Line of the night was when Cole mistimed talking up BRUNO in the video game and landed on Vrigil:

"FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!!..um...along with Vrigil?/?? The Legend Bruno Sammartino..."

Also:  They gave Virgil a solid ten seconds in that commercial to get you to buy that DLC.

• Like 1

Wait until next week.

As for Raw this week, it really felt like they were playing it safe, but it was enjoyable overall. For a minute though, I thought they were going to put the belts on Brock tonight.

When was the last time a world champion had "dead man walking" written all over him? At least Orton is selling being on borrowed time.

Perhaps Seth Rollins would not have to worry about slipping in puddles if the three Shield members didn't pour a gallon of fucking water on their heads before they came out to the ring.

And why does Rollins dress like he's about to go skydiving? What is with that vest?

He's an AERIALIST. Hence the paratrooper jacket. Also, an architect, and a surgeon. Seth Rollins is Art Vandelay. 

• Like 18

It's funny how hard it is to explain wrestling to people who don't watch it regularly.

My sister was over when I was watching the opening interview segment and she asked me why Cena and Sheamus didn't just run out together to save Daniel Bryan instead of each coming out separately and I was thinking.. "well, they had to play each of their theme songs to get each guy a good pop from the crowd" but you would sound like a complete fucking retard trying to explain something like that to someone who doesn't watch wrestling. Why can't they just run out and save their friend without ANY music playing at all?

Ah, wrestling.

• Like 3

Awesome main event. I've been waiting for Shield vs. Wyatts.

The opening was..  well, it was hilarious..  Hunter and Steph's troll game was on another level. Cleveland usually isn't that hot either and I think it was Alvarez who tweeted that the place was jam packed. What does that tell you?

Lesnar is such a fucking beast man..  He couldn't have killed someone throwing chairs around like that too but screw it. Nobody wanted any part of him. Orton and Batista both stood there shitting their pants.

Cleveland booing Cena, when he is Daniel Bryan's partner, in a match where the winning team gets the title shot they so badly want Bryan to have - that was just an amazing lack of awareness on display.

Kudos, Cleveland.

They also chanted Cleveland sucks at one point.

Too bad HHH married the boss's daughter and became successful at his chosen profession because he totally missed his calling as a message board troll. That opening promo combining Gonzalez's mic skills with FSW's workrate was a thing of absolute beauty.

• Like 13