DVDVR Message Board

Speaking of pandering, the Be A Star shit re-emerged tonight. 

There was only room for one Falcon Arrow tonight for me and it was Harper's. The Fandango match passed by me in the night like a shallow breeze.

EDIT: I don't know if a breeze can be shallow. Don't judge me, I'm drinking.

• Like 2

I don't get why the WWE doesn't give Kofi Kingston more of a run at the WWE title. True, all his matches are the same, but you could say the same thing about Randy Orton. True, he's utterly devoid of charisma/excitement/anything in his promos, but the same could be said about Orton. He sells merch which means nothing to Vince McMahon (Zack Ryder sells shirts too and Vince could care less). It makes too much sense -- why have him beat Randy Orton (the current title holder) in a 'fluke' victory and play up that 'fluke win' in the rematch the next week?

No I don't want to see Kofi as the WWE champion but the WWE did give The Miz a title run and he's terrible.

Because Kofi is bad at wrestling

Holy shit was that chase at the end comically bad or what? That didn't get me interested...at all...for the match on Sunday. Orton just didn't sell anything and constantly walked/sauntered off at every turn. That was the antithesis of a hot finish. It all reminded me of this:

• Like 4

If Bryan isn't winning and they want to limit the risk of the crowd reacting overly negatively to whoever does (say, a freshly returned Batista, that they needs to stay hot), it actually makes a ton of sense for him to not be in it.

• Like 2

You win.

I did it... For the Danks. I did it... For the people.

I feel like only Batista was really awesome there. And Billy Gunn being so much bigger than Punk (and 90% of the roster) was awesome.

Did Batista look weird? Has he had his eyebrows plucked?

I think he had some botox done too. Possibly also the same surgery Wanderlei Silva had to remove scar tissue.

Did the Authority turn face in some unaired backstage segment that nobody on the roster was privy to?

I'm guessing Steph just forgot that it was fun to be on TV every week, and her and Hunter decided they really didn't like getting booed anymore. Logic be damned.

Bryan can't not be in the Rumble. Everyone in the crowd is going to be expecting him, especially for the last few slots. If #30 comes out and is anyone but Daniel Bryan or, shit.. like, Evan Bourne, the crowd is gonna die quickly.

Fixed

If he's gonna wrestle Bray Wyatt at the Rumble he is not gonna be in the Rumble, neither is Lesnar or Big Show since they wrestle each other.

It's not impossible for him to pull double duty unless they explicitly say otherwise, but I tend to agree.  "Bryan is winning the Rumble" is easily the biggest draw they could attach to this show, so they would have said if he was in or not.  Seems like he's not and that's total buttcheeks.

• Like 1

Did the Authority turn face in some unaired backstage segment that nobody on the roster was privy to?

I'm guessing Steph just forgot that it was fun to be on TV every week, and her and Hunter decided they really didn't like getting booed anymore. Logic be damned.

They always had the pretence of being benevolent leaders.

If he's gonna wrestle Bray Wyatt at the Rumble he is not gonna be in the Rumble, neither is Lesnar or Big Show since they wrestle each other.

It's not impossible for him to pull double duty unless they explicitly say otherwise, but I tend to agree.  "Bryan is winning the Rumble" is easily the biggest draw they could attach to this show, so they would have said if he was in or not.  Seems like he's not and that's total buttcheeks.

He's pulled double duty on most of the shows this year so that doesn't fly at all. And a surprise would be better than anything so that doesn't fly either.

They really piped in the crowd apathy for Kofi's entrance tonight.  

I feel like he, Miz, Dolph, and Wade need to join together and form some sort of Nexus-esque stable.  I wouldn't be surprised if any of them were victims of the post-Wrestlemania cuts.  WWE should just taunt TNA by releasing Miz, Dolph, and Swagger and letting them skip the 90 day non-compete.