DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble Predictions

goodhelmet

Oh, man, I love that part at the beginning of the 05 Rumble where it's just Benoit, Eddie, and Holly hazing the fuck out of Daniel Puder. I wonder if that dude had any clue what he was in for. I bet his instructions were just, "You're #3 and out at #5. Just go along with whatever the vets wanna do."

Final Predictions:

Longest time in the Rumble: CM Punk. An hour or thereabouts.

#2 Entry: Goldust

Most eliminations: Roman Reigns-11. 

Shortest Match Time: Fandango. Less than 30 sec.

Final Four: Reigns, Langston, Batista, Bryan.

Final Two: Batista & Bryan

Winner: Bryan

Final Predictions:

Longest time in the Rumble: CM Punk. An hour or thereabouts.

#2 Entry: Goldust

Most eliminations: Roman Reigns-11. 

Shortest Match Time: Fandango. Less than 30 sec.

Final Four: Reigns, Langston, Batista, Bryan.

Final Two: Batista & Bryan

Winner: Bryan

I agree with most of this. Reigns isn't getting 11 though.

WWE.com lists 20 participants so far (Batista, Punk, Del Rio, Big E, Miz, Truth, Woods, Kofi, Rhodes Bros, Mysterio, Fandango, Shield, Rowan, Harper, Sandow, Usos).

My picks:

Returns/Surprises: Sheamus (this is a given almost), Jericho (gotta get that Wrestlemania payday), Kevin Nash (to add to the Punk/HHH angle), Jake Roberts (for a breif interaction with Ambrose again)

Unnamed current stars on the roster: Outlaws, Bryan, Real Americans, Barrett. I know they said Barrett gave up his spot for a legend on twitter, I think they'll mention it and have the legend (say DDP) come out to get a big pop only for Barrett to attack him from behind and enter the rumble anyway.

#2 entrant: Seth Rollins

Longest time: Punk, between 55 minutes and an hour.

Most eliminations: Reigns, 9 (5 in a row in an Austin-like moment)

Shortest time: Sandow about 30 seconds

Final 4: Batista, Sheamus, Reigns, Ambrose

Final 2: Batista, Reigns

Winner: Batista

Nash comes out, eliminates Punk then steps over the top rope to eliminate himself.

Sheamus eliminates Bryan 26th, who jaws with Sheamus long enough to get him eliminated by Ambrose

Luke Harper goes at least 40 minutes. Rollins, Reigns and Jericho all go at least 35.

Dear God WHY?!?! I can't tell if you are joking or not. I think you are serious, sadly.

Here's a better idea - let's never let Kevin Nash in the same building CM Punk and HHH are in again, much less the same ring.

Final Predictions:

Longest time in the Rumble: Roman Reigns

#2 Entry: Roman Reigns

Most eliminations: Roman Reigns (12)

Shortest Match Time: El Torito

Final Four: Roman Reigns, Daniel Bryan, Damien Sandow & Sheamus

Final Two: Daniel Bryan vs Damien Sandow

Winner: Daniel Bryan

Not too confident on Sandow or Sheamus making it all that way but no way Reigns doesn't go nuts in this match. Can see some fun surprises if Roberts or DDP can make it in.

So I had been checking the local sports books to see if they had any markets for the Rumble, and as of about 10 hrs ago (11pm Sunday Night Australian) most of them had Bryan as 2nd fav for between $6-$8.50 (6-1 to 8.5-1) with Batista 1.80 favourite. I check this morning, almost all of them now have DB as $1.50 favourite with Batista out to $2.50. I'm really annoyed I didn't join up with one and put $100 in him to win it now.

WWE.com lists 20 participants so far (Batista, Punk, Del Rio, Big E, Miz, Truth, Woods, Kofi, Rhodes Bros, Mysterio, Fandango, Shield, Rowan, Harper, Sandow, Usos).

My picks:

Returns/Surprises: Sheamus (this is a given almost), Jericho (gotta get that Wrestlemania payday), Kevin Nash (to add to the Punk/HHH angle), Jake Roberts (for a breif interaction with Ambrose again)

Unnamed current stars on the roster: Outlaws, Bryan, Real Americans, Barrett. I know they said Barrett gave up his spot for a legend on twitter, I think they'll mention it and have the legend (say DDP) come out to get a big pop only for Barrett to attack him from behind and enter the rumble anyway.

#2 entrant: Seth Rollins

Longest time: Punk, between 55 minutes and an hour.

Most eliminations: Reigns, 9 (5 in a row in an Austin-like moment)

Shortest time: Sandow about 30 seconds

Final 4: Batista, Sheamus, Reigns, Ambrose

Final 2: Batista, Reigns

Nash comes out, eliminates Punk then steps over the top rope to eliminate himself.

Sheamus eliminates Bryan 26th, who jaws with Sheamus long enough to get him eliminated by Ambrose

Luke Harper goes at least 40 minutes. Rollins, Reigns and Jericho all go at least 35.

Dear God WHY?!?! I can't tell if you are joking or not. I think you are serious, sadly.

Here's a better idea - let's never let Kevin Nash in the same building CM Punk and HHH are in again, much less the same ring.

Not saying I WANT to see Nash there again, but I could see it happening. Him or X-Pac.

PWI says it's almost a lock, Kevin Nash, Chris Jericho, & Sheamus, they're all in town. But if Bryan does win it, I think he'll wind up losing it in some kind of gimmick match on Raw. I'm still hoping he'll face HBK at Mania. 

Apparently the Papa Shango thing is an annual troll job that Wade Barrett does.

Wow.  So Barrett just did to me what DiBiase would do to the kid dribbling the basketball.  That's actually some decent internet heeling, that fucker.

Barrett needs a Virgil now thanks to you.

Final Two: Batista vs. Roman Reigns

Guy who will not even be in the Rumble, but should be in it and should win: Daniel Bryan

Longest run: CM Punk

Most eliminations: Roman Reigns

Surprises: Chris Jericho, X-Pac, Kevin Nash, Sheamus, Papa Shango

Shortest Time: Damien Sandow or one of 3MB 

Orton over Cena

Brock over Big Show (should be in less than 5 minutes)

Bryan over Wyatt

NAO over Cody/Goldust