DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble Predictions

goodhelmet

Reigns will no doubt be the guy who gets the most eliminations and probably will last to the final four. In fact, if Daniel Bryan is in fact not in the match, I could see a smarky Pittsburgh crowd throwing all their support behind Reigns at the end.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's Batista's match to lose.  Catapults him into a title shot and also promotes summer release of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Would be interesting to watch WWE go another route to the self-fulfulling prophecy by having Batista get dumped in the first two minutes and then keep everyone guessing until he won a MITB match.

Dave will get the title at Wrestlemania and drop it at either Summerslam (just in time to do the morning talks to promote the movie), the RAW or Smackdown after SS, or the first PPV where it made booking sense for him to lose the belt.

Yeah, it's Batista's match to lose.  Catapults him into a title shot and also promotes summer release of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Would be interesting to watch WWE go another route to the self-fulfulling prophecy by having Batista get dumped in the first two minutes and then keep everyone guessing until he won a MITB match.

Dave will get the title at Wrestlemania and drop it at either Summerslam (just in time to do the morning talks to promote the movie), the RAW or Smackdown after SS, or the first PPV where it made booking sense for him to lose the belt.

The rematch:

Bad News Barrett ‏@WadeBarrett 1h

I've given up my spot in this year's #RoyalRumble to make way for a WWE legend. It's top secret, but just between us, here's a clue: Voodoo.

I had to slowly explain to someone why there's no way Hogan would be in the Rumble ever again.

"Yeah, but wouldn't it be great as a surprise?"

"He physically cannot be eliminated due to his health, he'd would be the winner by default, like when the Sheik won the gimmick battle royal"

"Yeah but just think how cool it'd be!"

There are so many threads going on this might have been covered elsewhere but this really probably is the most appropriate place.

I guess Bryan was doing foreign media today and he was asked about if he was going to be in the Rumble.

And his kayfabe answer was something like "I am trying to get in but Triple H is trying to prevent me from being in it."

So there is that.

I had to slowly explain to someone why there's no way Hogan would be in the Rumble ever again.

"Yeah, but wouldn't it be great as a surprise?"

"He physically cannot be eliminated due to his health, he'd would be the winner by default, like when the Sheik won the gimmick battle royal"

"Yeah but just think how cool it'd be!"

The only way Hogan could win is if they do the finish I've been begging for: All 29 guys are out before No. 30 just walks in and wins the Rumble.

You could do it with Hogan (poses, blows up Internet), Goldberg or Sting. The latter two could say, "I'm not going for the title, I want The Undertaker!"

Everyone would be going so crazy that it would overshadow the fact that they didn't really throw anyone out to win the Rumble.

I want snarky prick Triple H to do one of these this year,

"30 WWE Superstars compete in this year's Royal Rumble for the opportunity to challenge for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 30!  Participants include: CM Punk, The Ryback, Erick Rowan of The Wyatt Family, Darren Young of The Prime Time Players, "The All-American American" Real American Jack Swagger, Damien Sandow, Diego of Los Matadores, Prime Time Player Titus O'Neil, Shield guy Seth Rollins, From The Wyatt Family Luke Harper, One of "The Hounds Of Justice" Dean Ambrose of The Shield, "The Ultimate Underdog" Rey Mysterio, Fandango, Kofi Kingston, Bunkhouse Buck, Curtis Axel, Cody Rhodes, Antonio Cesaro of The Real Americans, An Uso, Goldust, El Torito, Xavier Woods, Big E Langston, Los Matadores Dieg...no, I said him already, uh, Tito?, The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, The Yeti, R-Truth, Another Uso, Roman Reigns of The Shield, and "The Animal" Batista!  All of these Superstars along with some surprises but not Daniel Bryan are ready to rumble!  It's the Royal Rumble!

• Like 5

I'm watching Inside MMA, and it would be great to have Ken Shamrock to show up in the Rumble. Then maybe have him kill some jobbers, cut some promos and get crushed by Lesnar for him to get heat back over a loss. 

Ken also has some great and totally carny blag these days and I think if Bas wasn't there (and would fucking destroy him) he'd probably have his position on the show. Those Shamrock brothers, they know how to talk shit.

• Like 1

Wade has stated he's stepping out of the Rumble for a legend to take his spot. The clue was voodoo.

The notion that a wrestler would give up his chance to fight for a title shot at Wrestlemania for ANYBODY to take their place is pretty stupid.  If I were Wade, I'd really start speaking up for myself more, consequences be dammed.

F4W is saying its Sheamus vs. Bryan at WrestleMania, so maybe he won't be in the Rumble this year.

Third time's the charm?

That seems highly unrealistic. I doub't Sheamus will come back as a heel and there's no way Daniel Bryan will turn heel.

• Like 1