DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble Predictions

goodhelmet

yea i'm going to be at the event, not sure I want to see him maybe die either... also I forgot that WWE wouldn't want him to do a return match after his sendoff at mania.

and to add what I said earlier.

Jericho is advertised for the "world of wheels" Saturday 12-3.  I imagine he's a lock to show up for the rumble.  Not much of a huge surprise, hopefully it will be a better run than last year if he sticks around through mania.

I'd love to see Angle come back for a one-night pop.

I think Sheamus and Christian are pretty safe bets to return.

Punk seems like a shoe-in for longest lasting. He'll make it well into the 20s before succumbing to some authority chicanery. 

Reigns will get a lot of eliminations, but they'd be smart to keep him far away from Batista. Hope we get a solid Reigns vs. Harper sequence, though. He'll probably get dumped "accidentally" by the other two Shield guys while he's tied up in the ropes with someone else.

Kofi and Rollins will do some crazy shit.

I'm leaning towards Bryan being in it, but if he's not, #30 better be a fucking monster or that guy is gonna get booed out of the building and doom the remaining participants to endless Daniel Bryan and Yes chants.

After being announced as #1 last night I'm thinking Punk is either going to win or be one of the last people in.  Someone mentioned Kane not being on the card.  I could see him coming out as #30 when he sees Punk is still in and is showing no signs of slowing down, kind of taking matters into his own hands.  Is Kane even still wrestling on the house shows?  Maybe it's the suit but he's looked kind of out of shape lately.

You'd think if Bryan was going to be in the Rumble he'd be announced/hyped for it by now.  Guys being in the match itself after working an undercard match isn't exactly anything new.  That said I think this is going to be Bray's make or break performance to show he can actually bring it in the ring.  I think he can but his showings so far just either been squashes or haven't gone long enough without Harper/Rowan interference.

I thought Reigns would be the "dude who eliminates a bunch of dudes in a row then gets eliminated by a bunch of dudes" guy but I could easily see that being Langston as well.  What they do with the Shield and Wyatts in the rumble is one of the more interesting things for me.

Any chance of Waltman being a surprise rumble entrant seeing how the NAO's are back regularly now?

I'd love to see Angle come back for a one-night pop.

I think Sheamus and Christian are pretty safe bets to return.

Punk seems like a shoe-in for longest lasting. He'll make it well into the 20s before succumbing to some authority chicanery. 

Reigns will get a lot of eliminations, but they'd be smart to keep him far away from Batista. Hope we get a solid Reigns vs. Harper sequence, though. He'll probably get dumped "accidentally" by the other two Shield guys while he's tied up in the ropes with someone else.

Kofi and Rollins will do some crazy shit.

I'm leaning towards Bryan being in it, but if he's not, #30 better be a fucking monster or that guy is gonna get booed out of the building and doom the remaining participants to endless Daniel Bryan and Yes chants.

I disagree regarding Reigns/Batista. I think it's actually a real great idea to have Batista come in, house of fire, get an elimination or two, then turn right into a Reigns Spear. Reigns doesn't have to get the elimination, but him stopping Batistas momentum in and of itself be a big moment for him.

The only spot I can see in my head is Reigns superman punching someone who is standing on the apron for an elimination. I think Sheamus returns as a mid rumble big name. If Bryan or Punk is in the final four before 30 comes out, I think 30 is HHH. I think with Henry out and Show in a match (and unlikely to pull double duty) we probably get treated to Brodus or Khali having a longer than necessary run, because they are the only two dudes big enough to pull off the "everyone gang up on one dude" spot. 

With only five open spots left, I doubt we get either Khali or Brodus in there at all. You've got Sheamus, Christian, Evan Bourne, Y2J, RVD, as possible /probable returns, Bryan and/or HHH as surprise entrants and the obligatory Legend appearance. Those guys are just too far down on the totem pole at this point.

With only five open spots left, I doubt we get either Khali or Brodus in there at all. You've got Sheamus, Christian, Evan Bourne, Y2J, RVD, as possible /probable returns, Bryan and/or HHH as surprise entrants and the obligatory Legend appearance. Those guys are just too far down on the totem pole at this point.

On wwe.com, they have 20 guys listed as confirmed. There aren't going to be 10 big surprises, so I think there is more than enough room for one giant dude. 

Full announced list of the 25 Rumble participants:

Batista
C.M. Punk
Alberto Del Rio
Big E Langston
The Miz
R-Truth
Xavier Woods
Kofi Kingston
Goldust
Cody Rhodes
Fandango
Rey Mysterio
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Damien Sandow
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso
Titus O'Neil
Darren Young
Jack Swagger
Antonio Cesaro
Ryback

Sheamus, RVD, Jericho, Christian, Jake Roberts are all contenders for the last 5 "surprise" entrants. Looks like no room for Bryan.

• Like 1

Look at that list, though. Without Bryan in the Rumble, who besides Batista or CM Punk could honestly win the thing?  I guess if you throw in the returning Sheamus, that makes for another realistic winner. Takes a lot of drama out of the event and adds in a lot of dead spots when several entrants in a row are mid-carders, like Xavier Woods followed by Darren Young followed by Fandango, with no chance of winning

• Like 4

Full announced list of the 25 Rumble participants:

Batista

C.M. Punk

Alberto Del Rio

Big E Langston

The Miz

R-Truth

Xavier Woods

Kofi Kingston

Goldust

Cody Rhodes

Fandango

Rey Mysterio

Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns

Dean Ambrose

Damien Sandow

Luke Harper

Erick Rowan

Jimmy Uso

Jey Uso

Titus O'Neil

Darren Young

Jack Swagger

Antonio Cesaro

Ryback

Sheamus, RVD, Jericho, Christian, Jake Roberts are all contenders for the last 5 "surprise" entrants. Looks like no room for Bryan.

1. I don't buy Jericho or RVD returning.

2. They have a history of taking people out of the Rumble for surprise entrants. Edge took Regal's spot the year that Edge won the thing and nobody noticed.