DVDVR Message Board

All-Encompassing Sports TV Thread of Hate

LooseCannon

I am still not 100% convinced Bettman isn't a mole planted by Stern (who he used to work for) to sabotage the NHL so it didn't become a serious competitor to the NBA.

No he's not but when you consider the guy that hired Bettman for the job, Bruce McNall, was another con man old Bettman probably felt at home with Spano.  The NHL has always been run a little ass backwards.  They gave an expansion franchise to Tampa Bay even though no one had met any owners, had no plan for an arena and had the strong rumours that the mystery Japanese owners were really Yakuza gangsters laundering money

Funny thing about NHL owners is their legal woes.  When Peter Pocklington got locked up they made a joke that 3 of the 5 owners Wayne Gretzky played for have done jail time.  Back in the 70's Leafs owner Harold Ballard got sent to the big house and country singer Anne Murray almost bought the Maple Leafs

Funny thing about NHL owners is their legal woes.  When Peter Pocklington got locked up they made a joke that 3 of the 5 owners Wayne Gretzky played for have done jail time.  Back in the 70's Leafs owner Harold Ballard got sent to the big house and country singer Anne Murray almost bought the Maple Leafs

The NFL is not too far behind, but somehow we never really hear about that. The Browns owner has been banned from his business based on an investigation and Zygi Wilf was just found guilty of fraud, breach of contract, and civil racketeering. 

I haven't been watching ATH in awhile so I decided to catch an episode today. Holy shit, Frank Isola is a huge asshole. Might be an even bigger asshole than Jay Mariotti.

You realize how high you're setting the bar there, right?

Apparently Lindsay Czarniak is pregnant as she (and her husband) are getting baby congrats on Twitter from the local news folks around here who used to work with them.

I am assuming she will keep anchoring until the bitter end. Similar to what Chris McKendry did - who I was convinced was going to give birth on the set

• 2 weeks later...