DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

30 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Does he have an e-mail account? I don't do the Twitter thing. 

These guys are batshit crazy. No idea why there is just a rockpile in the middle of the crowd or why they would possibly want to roll around on it.

Check your DM.

A friend and I were watching some random stuff last night and happened upon the Extreme Tiger vs. Dragon Lee match from Cubsfan's MOTYC list. Holy shit, Tiger almost ended Lee several times throughout the match, the best of which was a spinning kick to the mush. Ridiculous match in front of what sounds like a super tiny Arena Mexico crowd, but so much fun.

Kick is at the 6:00 mark. O_O

Looking forward to checking out the Aniversario show.

• Like 1

Watching more random CMLL and a question popped up. I believe somebody started playing Mars, The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst on a horn when Ares started to wrestle. Did I hear right? If that's a thing that happens, I will love lucha libre until the end of my days. 

Unrelated, but the Elite/CMLL split is interesting. Caristico is booked tomorrow for both Elite and CMLL, so he's got a decision to make. Cibernetico on his return is another guy whose position isn't clear. My guess is Carastico sticks with Elite so he can be the main guy for them. I just wonder how financially viable that is for Elite.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Titan well enough but I'm glad he didn't win last night. So much of his stuff looked unusually bad. Some of that was on Mephisto (not basing well enough for the dive) but a good chunk was on Titan. That's not the sort of match you want to have a big title win on. 

Aside from LU I don't really delve much into the Lucha section.  But I do watch Lucha on Azteca network every Saturday, no matter how behind it is.  For quite some time it was just current airing of CMLL, then it was an older episode followed by current episode.  Now it's CMLL (can't tell if current or older) followed by Elite.  Holy bats what a difference in presentation, and I'm not sure in a good way.  Elite is more colorful and in your face which is jarring, yet I like the entrance videos with the wrestler's music being heard for once.  The one for La Mascara was smooth as fuck so that was cool, though it's weird hearing Rush's theme.  There's a lot of CMLL guys but it was weird seeing Lashley vs Rush.  Extreme Tiger I think is/was with AAA so not sure where he falls into this with Elite.  That was a good match against Dorada.  The show's different and in time I'll get used to it.  But the commentary can suck a big one, way too excited and annoying as all hell.  The only on there I didn't mind was Shocker and he's not even a professional commentator.