DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

Well with La Mistica the guy taking it is doing all the work. Like when Mascarita does the crazy spinning headscissors deal, he's not doing anything, the guy spinning him around is. That said part of why Caristico looks so awful sometimes is he keeps doing these spots he did when he was 30 pounds lighter & much more athletic. He's a headcase so he'll never stop trying or lose the weight so he can pull the spots off so it's just a fact of life he'll keep looking dumb.

From Cubs: 4/2007 (Full disclosure: I was trying to figure out about Virus going rudo):

"Before the main event, Ultimo brought a big box to the ring. He was apologetic for his attempted murder of KeMonito last week, so this was a present for the blue monkey. Inside the package – a mini Guerrero which beat up KeMonito! The official name for the guy is “Ultimonito de la Atlántida”, but that’s waaaaay too long. Feel free to tell me how they’re ripping off Guapos VIP now."

Is this online anywhere? Because that sounds great.

Meltzer says in the newsletter that the Friday CMLL show will start being carried by the Televisa Deportes Network in Feb.so the stream sill likely end at that point.  I wonder if it will also be carried by the Univision Deportes Network since the two share programming.

Meltzer says in the newsletter that the Friday CMLL show will start being carried by the Televisa Deportes Network in Feb.so the stream sill likely end at that point.  I wonder if it will also be carried by the Univision Deportes Network since the two share programming.

No one really knows what they're going to do with the stream in February. It wouldn't make sense to air the matches on the stream if they're on TDN too, but CMLL is unpredictable like that. CMLL is only on ClaroSports because they're getting paid for it, and they probably would like to still get that money, so something might be figured out.

These are the same matches that are airing on Azteca, so I wouldn't think the show airs on the US equivalents of those channels. But, again, it's CMLL so who knows. It just feels like a waste of energy thinking about this until the TV thing starts.

Excellent show tonight just the trios and Dorada vs. Mephisto. I know Rob and others are going to praise Dorada through the roof (rightfully so), but how cool was seeing Negro Casas breaking out two Code Red variations just one month after he turned 56? Dude never fails to amaze.