DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

The finish to Dragon Lee/Kamaitachi was all sorts of WHAT THE FUCK & WHY THE FUCK. Amazing.

Title match next Friday either for free on Claro or another $5 iPPV. They also teased The Panther vs Super Comando in a mask match & Volador Sr. vs Negro Casas. I doubt either happens but we'll see.

Watched it live so don't have one. Cubs will have it up at some point & AAA said they'll have it up Monday. Incredible match for creativity & flying. Main event was Lo-Ki's first match in his current AAA stint. He looked real good.

Chilanga Mask (now Lucha Memes) running Arena Naucalpan on 12/25 w/ both Black Terry/Dandy vs Traumas & Virus vs Negro Navarro. Internet pandering! And those are the only first two matches announced. I don't want to hear a fucking word from anyone when the next 7 matches are just highspot guys doing million miles per hour divefests. ;p

Pentagon Jr., Fenix, and Laredo Kid stopped by Denver last night after AAW and put on a 10 minute three-way that was the most amazing lucha match I've ever seen live. Usually with lucha guys coming in to small houses, they coast through the match but all of these guys did dives and Fenix even busted out a nice rope-switch to springboard 450 on some sketchy ropes. I recorded most of the match and am going to work on posting it to YouTube when I get a free moment. 

Last night's Dragon Lee v Kamaitachi match did not disappoint.

http://www.clarosports.com/lucha-libre/cmll/detalle/dragon-lee-vs-kamaitachi-505742/

That was amazing and is my MOTY so far. Of course it won't win because it took place in Mexico and not Japan (after UG-Atlantis didn't win last year I came to the conclusion that today's voters won't vote for a lucha match no matter what at this point).

• 2 weeks later...

Playboy has a really great story about Perrito's death and its ensuing shockwaves (website may be NSFW but the article itself is 100% clean). Most interesting tidbit is that Hijo del Fantasma speaks fluent English, which makes me wonder if he may go the NXT route if Sombra does well enough for himself and/or LU ever goes under.