DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

I realize that this is hard to place but is Sombra more of a draw than Rush? Put otherwise, is he worth more to CMLL than Rush? Or at least, does CMLL see him that way?

I think they are both at about the same with Sombra having a mask that gives him added value for big stip matches. Rush's hair is pretty valuable too. Told its worth its weight in gold. I think Sombra's a bit more reliable than Rush especially this past year with Rush coming off an injury early in the year, beating up a security guard and then the incident in Guadalajara. Sombra as a rudo really has shown way more than some expected. He plays the "dick" role really well. Rush is amazing at playing the "dick" rudo role. He tries to stay in-character all the time. I think everyone is surprised Sombra has fit in that well.

Now, La Mascara in that group is still the strangest casting ever, but given that he handles a lot of the outside the ring stuff for the Alvarado family, I assume he's taken that role with Los Ingobernables as well.

It's mentioned in the Observer, but that news isn't going to show up in the main page until Kris has a chance to send it to someone who does the update. They're not going to seek it out on their own. Just the way it is.

Kris sent in the news late Thursday, so it should be on today's update. I don't know when Dave finished this week's WON issue, but it was weird to see the mask match mentioned, but I'm not sure he mentioned Park & Doc returning to CMLL, unless I missed it.

Which i presumes means Dave isnt doing them anymore at all.

I thought it was more like Bryan not doing them anymore. I've seen Dave & Bix as the update guys way more often.

Seemed like dave doing 2 or 3 days and Bix the rest. The "staff" thing i thought was new this week.

-----

I think boby's apparent shoulder injury derailed the Busca final and prob contributed to the screwy finish.

Hechicero vs. Valiente from the C3 show was decent enough. It kind of seems like Hechicero purposely toned down his mat wizard style to not show up the tecnicos as much. It might not be the case but that's how it appears watching him in CMLL. Oh well.

I am super pumped about Wagner and Park's return. Normally I would only stream the anniversary show, but this one I gotta check out live as well. Hopefully they give the match some time. Looking forward to the Park/Rush parts especially. The rest of the card looks like fun too.

New episode of the podcast features an interview w Marco Corleone discussing anniversary show, los ingobernables vs el bufete del amor, tecnico vs rudo, working v Taker, his punch, air corleone his whiplash injury, #CMLLlogic, his entrance music, mascot violence, and his new clothing line and more. Also Thecubsfan talking Anniversary show, Wagner and LA Park. En busca finals, LU and the cubs wild card hopes and more.

http://t.co/5sIOPoOPKR

IWRG is doing a Retro Show on 9/23 which is such an awesome concept. Main event is 4 Megas against 4 Comandos although they have a Comando Stone in for where Comando Alfa should be. But the undercard is loaded with gimmicks I grew up watching. ZONIK 2000 & BESTIA RUBIA!

• Like 1

That was a blast. Wagner is the Ingobernable that we never knew we wanted. I'm not sure I've ever seen them circle the final confrontation so many times in a match before. That's one of those matches that people new to lucha are going to find a few years from now and get blown away by. It was a spectacle as much as anything else but it was big and bright and heated and character-driven and surprisingly focused despite the Park/Rush and Volador/Wagner pairings switching back and forth. There were elements of the beatdown I loved (Wagner as part of the triple dropkick was perfect even if he fumbled the hand motions) and the comeback transition was near perfect except for the camera missing so much of the key moment. It was a spark of life which is a hell of a rare thing with CMLL. Building was packed too.

Loved it. Lots of psychology, lots of chaos and the crowd was into everything. If they ever book Rush vs. Park in an apuestas match, I will try my best to be there. Watching those two together is like watching Ishii vs. Ishii with rabies.