DVDVR Message Board

General Lucha Libre Comments

Robert

The video embedded in your write up about Abismo Negro and that specific event is AMAZING! The young women crying and fainting over what happened to the Brennan twin in that match, the people on the street accosting Abismo.. the way they're reporting on it like a real news event.. That was fantastic! Muchas gracias for sharing that, I enjoyed it! 

And on that Cavernario-Dorada match, that was a really fantastic match I thought! Everyone should go out of their way to give it a watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tromataker said:

Guys, I wrote a fairly emotional piece on how Abismo Negro changed my life by making me a lucha libre fan; it'd mean a lot to me if people checked it out.  Not for me, but for him.

After the Abyss

You posted the video before but I appreciate you giving context to how it influenced your wrestling taste and so much more. Thanks! The one girl passed out being carried away is so amazing.

How evil is Fuerza Guerrera? Violently stopping a rudo from putting an end to his fellow rudo's carnage is some cold blooded shit.

Atrocious. Zero product knowledge beyond names & calls every move off the top rope a Spanish Fly. Makes up other names for moves as he goes along. I understand why he got picked but he really detracts from the show. Cruise has the enthusiasm and you can tell he studied for the show but I feel like he has been out of the wrestling loop for a while because he is clueless when it comes to newer moves. On the bright side he doesn't decide to yell out random nonsense like Hugo.

00411915.jpg

The main event of this looks awesome too. It also looks like a complete clusterfuck of a match but I bet there'll be blood, and lots of it. 

Also: how are the various hijos faring (de LA Park, Cota Jr., del Pirata Morgan)? Do any of them look to be true heirs to their fathers?

Clips from the match are up on YouTube via fancam already..

That's a really large embed video now, wow.

quickly

Hijo del Pirata Morgan: talented, good, but stuck in the early AAA matches without consistent attention. Find his trios work from late last year.

Mocho Cota Jr.: was in AAA as Tigre Cota for a few years, but never got past the opening match (seemed to be a height thing.) Does well in Nuevo Laredo and sometimes pops up on AAA TV when they swing thru the area.

Hijo de LA Park: a skinny guy.

• Like 1

Here's another, longer one. I didn't watch all of it but there's a really loud Park fan right next to the camera yelling obscenities at Pentagon and I laughed. Also like the second the shorter video starts, Park just takes a flat-out Psicosis head bump in the corner. 

EDIT: You never knew you wanted this but Park, Muertes and Pentagon running roughshod in LU as six-man tag champs would be the best thing EVER.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://sanjosetheaters.org/event/lucha-libre-mexicana/?instance_id=7484

Saw this event advertised during this week's Lucha Azteca show, anybody know anything about this group? My initial thoughts are that it's a 2 hour drive each way, $43 (!!!) per ticket, just to see Navarro/Solar work their match, and the rest of the card will be old slugs and never-beens. Any ideas? As much as I love Solar and Navarro it doesn't seem worth it. Convince me?

The chance to heckle Mil and Blue Jr. would be a plus. And I imagine the road report you write on it will be great. But yeah, $43... yikes. 

It's not my money so I say go, might end up being a blast. You can always say you saw all those legends (and "legends") live, plus there might be a miracle match or two. 

• 2 weeks later...

And Cassandro shows up again in Huang's World on Viceland, where he shows Chef Eddie Huang his home (literally within steps of the border in Juarez) and a gym he's training people at. That just made me mad at every one of my friends who have ever insulted Vice.