DVDVR Message Board

TNA releases thread

It seems like TNA is doing some overhaul of the roster these days. It was reported today that they released Tara and didn't renew DOC's contract. Hopefully this means Gallows might head back to WWE to replace Rowan in the Wyatt family. I'm guessing this won't be the final people that are released? Also, Jigsaw is headed back to Impact for Destination X. That's a plus for the X division.

Yeah, them plus Taelor Hendrix.  The one that baffles me the most if DOC as he was part of a competition for Aces & 8s VP.  Not sure what happened there, but thought they'd not use him on his way out like that.  Agreed on him in the Wyatt clan.  Would love to see Tara in WWE again too, I always was a fan of hers.

I like Tara as a worker, and I like watching her (nudge nudge, wink wink), but she wasn't doing much, seemed not to care, and was probably getting paid well for a KO.  Seems like a solid release. 

Doc... I don't get.  This is a *prime* guy that they should have snatched up and given a solid push to, and instead they have him taking a backseat to Gary Bishoff and pulling jobber duty. 

Joey Ryan was another missed opportunity too. They obviously signed him for the Gutcheck angle they did with Snow, but they didn't have much for him after that.  They tried a few different roles with him, but never stuck with someting.  He is at least as talented as Robbie E (fwiw, I like Robbie E). 

Matt Morgan is a guy that had a lot of potential, but has never lived up to it.  Glad to see him move on, because someone else should get elevated into his spot as the "athletic giant". 

I think the other release was Taeler Hendrix.... dfc. 

They have to clear budget space by cutting talent cause their expenses probably quadrupled from doing TV on the road.  If someone's not being used in a prime spot regularly or their contracts coming due then Dixie's mom is gonna try to ax 'em.

Of the recently released the only ones I really disagree with are Crimson and DOC.  York's a good utility guy but he was never going to be an essential piece of the puzzle.  Would've tried to retain Morgan too since they invested a lot of time in him although they never did a particularly good job of it and with a kid on the way he probably wants to make some real money while he still can.

I don't know what anybody sees in Joey Ryan.  If Wes Brisco wasn't there I'd say he was the worst person on the roster.

Madison Rayne's still pregnant so it wouldn't make any sense to resign her.  Tara wasn't cheap, wasn't being used for anything important, and she's on the wrong side of 40.  Taeler Hendrix is no big loss though they're really depleted on Knockouts now.

I had hoped Taeler would do well in TNA, like her a lot. Enjoyed her few outings in TNA as well as her recent work in OVW and her appearance in Shine. Crimson seems like a big waste looking back. DOC being gone is surprising since he seemed to be just on the verge of breaking away from Aces & Eights though I guess he could resign like last year's situations with Devon, Morgan, & Velvet.

Prowrestling.net is reporting D'Lo is gone and Bruce Prichard may be on the way out.

Hendrix wasn't released. Her contract expired and she turned down TNA's new contract offer.

That's not exactly what she said in this interview. Apparently, they first wanted to re-sign her (to a longer developmental deal) and she says she was going to turn it down but before she could they informed her that she's being released.

So, at least one website out there is claiming that DOC was in line for a face turn but negotiations for a new contract took too long and his current deal expired.  If true, and it sounds like the way TNA does business, he could end up with a new deal and make a "surprise" return.

The restructuring within TNA has led to a number of wrestlers being released from their contracts or the company allowing talent contracts to expire. It is also affecting the office side of the company. Multiple sources report that Bruce Prichard, Sr. Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations, was among the office personnel asked to restructure his deal. Prichard is said to have rejected that request. It is believed that his days with TNA are coming to an end barring an unexpected twist.

About time he was held accountable, not only for the talent issues but the plummeting ratings. Question is, who do they get to replace him?

Combining the head of talent relations and head of creative in the first place was dumb. Maybe promote Al Snow to for talent relations and get someone completely different for head of creative. At this point, who's out there? If Spike is looking at the ratings, and seeing what they were two years ago, they might ask for Russo back.

The weird thing is, I thought most of their talent was on a pay-per-appearance basis only exclusivity deal, since they had that heat with RoH.  Maybe I'm off there.  Anyway.

Who wouldn't want to see Tara do a Scary Sherri type gimmick back in the WWE?

Again though, TNA gets it wrong by releasing the wrong folk.  Oh Well, no big surprise...right?