DVDVR Message Board

Also, I'm not gearing up for dissappointment, I'm expressing reality.   

No, you dope, you are being a huge bummer.  Go on, though.  Tell me about this "reality" where the WWE is out to get Daniel Bryan, hold em down and destroy everything that makes him special.

The true reality is that the WWE want Daniel Bryan to succeed as much as you do, because $.  You may hate the losses, screw jobs and booking, but it seems to be working just fine.

You really only read what you want to, don't you?

I *want* Bryan to Main Event WM for the Title.  He won't.  That's reality.  Because Batista has guaranteed a Title run and has a movie to promote that WWE has to leach off of, Brock seems to be getting his unless that challenge two weeks ago where he nuked Henry was meant to go no where, and WM Main Events include at least one guy that works less than 5 times a year.  I'm still gonna watch WrestleMania, and by SummerSlam, Bryan will likely have the title.

Batista's film doesn't get released until August, so why can't let Batista come in as a face and mow down guys like Alberto del Rio and Randy Orton while Daniel Bryan wins the title at Mania, then have Batista turn heel to align with HHH and take the title from Bryan at the PPV after Wrestlemania?

I think the finish was a "ok, this shit ain't working, let's reverse and pretend it never happen". If this was the point it wouldn't happen after two weeks build, imo.

Also, hated that the news that CM Punk was on the Rumble (oh rly?) calmed him down. But I like CM Punk vs Triple H as a match. The great thing about Triple H is that even thought it makes no sense for him to beat Punk at this time, it's Triple H so one never knows which is what will make their match awesome.

A ffw'd most of the show so I may have missed something but did they did anything to plug the Rumble Match? Seems that they take for granted that people know what the RR is so they don't need to hype it at all. At the same time they don't seem to be giving Cena and Orton much time and main event slots: isn't the point of unifying the belts that know the title is the most important thing on the show? 

On another subject, the New Age Outlaws thing played out EXACTLY right. All last week, I was wondering why Triple H's old DX buddies were palling around with C.M. Punk...and we got the answer on Raw. On top of that, the Outlaws get a Tag Title shot on Smackdown as an unspoken "reward".

I thought Flair was going to turn on Cena last week and hook up w HHH and Orton. Evolution Reunion

It's a terrible, terrible idea and I am sorry, but part of me kind of does want this to happen, with HHH, Michaels, the Outlaws, Orton, Flair, and a shock turning Batista being Evolution X or something.

I just really like factions.

I also expected Flair to join The Authority and was pleased when it didn't happen.

On another subject, the New Age Outlaws thing played out EXACTLY right. All last week, I was wondering why Triple H's old DX buddies were palling around with C.M. Punk...and we got the answer on Raw. On top of that, the Outlaws get a Tag Title shot on Smackdown as an unspoken "reward".

I thought Flair was going to turn on Cena last week and hook up w HHH and Orton. Evolution Reunion

It's a terrible, terrible idea and I am sorry, but part of me kind of does want this to happen, with HHH, Michaels, the Outlaws, Orton, Flair, and a shock turning Batista being Evolution X or something.

You should watch ROH! 

I still think we'll see HHH making either Punk or Bryan (depending on who they want him to do a program with at Mania) enter the Rumble first as some attempt at screwing them over.  As it sounds like Batista is getting a title run as a condition of his return, I could see him eliminating Bryan to win the Rumble (maybe after Bryan is in there for 60+ minutes) then taking the belt at Mania.  Bryan goes on saying he should have won the Rumble instead and as runner up he should get a shot, etc, leading up to him taking the belt off Batista at Summerslam.

I've been wondering if the recent trend of the Orton/Cena being in the 9-10 hour, and the show ending with Punk and/or Bryan vs. The Shield and/or Wyatts is them structuring around the ratings.  Kids go to bed around 10, so they get Cena there as the main event for kids, ratings have tended to fall in the third hour (probably for that very reason) but the adults are still hanging around to watch the last hour, so they get the anti-heroes for "their" main event.

I still think we'll see HHH making either Punk or Bryan (depending on who they want him to do a program with at Mania) enter the Rumble first as some attempt at screwing them over.  As it sounds like Batista is getting a title run as a condition of his return, I could see him eliminating Bryan to win the Rumble (maybe after Bryan is in there for 60+ minutes) then taking the belt at Mania.  Bryan goes on saying he should have won the Rumble instead and as runner up he should get a shot, etc, leading up to him taking the belt off Batista at Summerslam.

Yes, I think Bryan should be the Tommy Dreamer of WWE. Be the #1 on the rumble and be screwed on the end. He has to be eliminated by a heel though and some of the fans may be upset with Batista if he's eliminating Bryan on his "return".

No, you dope, you are being a huge bummer.  Go on, though.  Tell me about this "reality" where the WWE is out to get Daniel Bryan, hold em down and destroy everything that makes him special.

The true reality is that the WWE want Daniel Bryan to succeed as much as you do, because $.  You may hate the losses, screw jobs and booking, but it seems to be working just fine.

I *want* Bryan to Main Event WM for the Title.  He won't.  That's reality.  Because Batista has guaranteed a Title run and has a movie to promote that WWE has to leach off of, Brock seems to be getting his unless that challenge two weeks ago where he nuked Henry was meant to go no where, and WM Main Events include at least one guy that works less than 5 times a year.  I'm still gonna watch WrestleMania, and by SummerSlam, Bryan will likely have the title.

Batista's film doesn't get released until August, so why can't let Batista come in as a face and mow down guys like Alberto del Rio and Randy Orton while Daniel Bryan wins the title at Mania, then have Batista turn heel to align with HHH and take the title from Bryan at the PPV after Wrestlemania?

While it would work, it'd be better to belt him now at the front, and let him put people over on the way out sans belt, rather than to only give Bryan the Title a month after this long program.

You should watch ROH! 

I'm pretty sure the last ROH show I went to was Night of the Grudges which was all about The Prophecy vs the Group, 

Also, is it too late to hope that Batista comes in as Drax the Destroyer and thinks that Brodus Clay is Thanos?

I *want* Bryan to Main Event WM for the Title.  He won't.  That's reality.  Because Batista has guaranteed a Title run and has a movie to promote that WWE has to leach off of

While it would work, it'd be better to belt him (Batista) now at the front, and let him put people over on the way out sans belt, rather than to only give Bryan the Title a month after this long program.

Ok.  So you want Bryan to win the title at Mania, but he wont because of movies to promote, but he MIGHT because Dave's movie doesn't come out til the summer, but he shouldn't because it would be a short reign, but he won't because that's reality?  Gotcha.  I hope they find a way to make ya happy*.

*If I could just find the perfect Lucille GIF

While it would work, it'd be better to belt him now at the front, and let him put people over on the way out sans belt, rather than to only give Bryan the Title a month after this long program.

He has reportedly signed a two-year deal, so he can put people over on the way out during the last six months or so of his contract.

I *want* Bryan to Main Event WM for the Title.  He won't.  That's reality.  Because Batista has guaranteed a Title run and has a movie to promote that WWE has to leach off of

While it would work, it'd be better to belt him (Batista) now at the front, and let him put people over on the way out sans belt, rather than to only give Bryan the Title a month after this long program.

Ok.  So you want Bryan to win the title at Mania, but he wont because of movies to promote, but he MIGHT because Dave's movie doesn't come out til the summer, but he shouldn't because it would be a short reign, but he won't because that's reality?  Gotcha.  I hope they find a way to make ya happy..

It'd be easier if they hadn't unified the titles.

They could dress up El Torito as Rocket Raccoon. That'd be great. I guess Khali can be Groot.

I guess that leaves AJ Lee in green body paint filling in as Gamora.  I can live with that.

That said, the "this was the plan all along crowd" needs to explain why Kane, who has not shown ANY animosity towards the Wyatts since his return, nor shown ANY signs of being anything other than a loyal member of the Authority in that time, up to and including making things hard on Bryan, would just happen to give Bryan the perfect set up to give Bray his comeuppance.

Deep cover.

Because he's a crazy person and Bryan is his only real friend? 

Hell you don't even need the 'and.'

He's a crazy person.

I've been wondering if the recent trend of the Orton/Cena being in the 9-10 hour, and the show ending with Punk and/or Bryan vs. The Shield and/or Wyatts is them structuring around the ratings.  Kids go to bed around 10, so they get Cena there as the main event for kids, ratings have tended to fall in the third hour (probably for that very reason) but the adults are still hanging around to watch the last hour, so they get the anti-heroes for "their" main event.

That's kind of funny, because bedtime apparently didn't exist before Raw went to three hours.

• Like 1

That crowd reaction to Daniel Bryan was truly amazing.

He is at that Jeff Hardy and Eddie Guerrero level where you can just feel the difference in the crowd reactions. It's not just popping for a guy because he's cool, it's reacting so strongly because you've been there with him through the ups and the downs and basically seen him develop from the ground up.

Everything WWE being needs to strap the rocket to his back is right there in front of them. There is absolutely no reason that Wrestlemania 30 should sign off with anything else but Daniel Bryan holding the championship and 70,000 people at the Superdome YES'ing along with him.

• Like 2