DVDVR Message Board

Everyone is sleeping on the fact that Kane probably knew what D-Bry's plan all along was, and that's why he kept the key to the cage door.

Also, I hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so. Yeah, midcard act my white ass.

Except they didn't play this off like beating up Bray Wyatt was Daniel's plan all along. They played it up as if getting the Sister Abigal was one step too far and Bryan snapped on Wyatt in a fit of rage. Not predetermined.
I'd say having his regular gear on underneath his outfit can be taken as possible evidence that Daniel Bryan's actions were premeditated.

Do you need Michael Cole to spoon-feed you with commentary for you to be aware of the possible interpretations of various actions?

Exactly. The gear thing was to show you that it was his master plan. Like an NWO t-shirt underneath your regular shirt.

• Like 1

None of the dipshits that make horse jokes about Lillian would EVER kick her out of their bed for eating crackers. Just sayin'.

What kid of cracker would a horse eat? something plain like a "Zesta" brand saltine or the king of crackers, the Chicken in a Biskit?

These are the kinds of things that occur to guy that's never owned a horse...or slept with one even.

So, I totally checked out during all of Batista's rise to national prominence. Yes, literally all of it. What is he going to bring to the table that the current WWE needs or wants? Fill a brother in...

• Like 1

So, I totally checked out during all of Batista's rise to national prominence. Yes, literally all of it. What is he going to bring to the table that the current WWE needs or wants? Fill a brother in...

At his peak, Batista was a very charismatic big guy who was consistently over and could have good matches with the right opponents. He was a decent man-of-few-words promo as a face and showed some spark as a cocky douchebag heel. His underrated talent was having strong matches with lower ranked opponents. He also fell somewhere between Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio on the injury prone scale.

As for what he brings he now, I have no clue outside of some potential mainstream exposure with his movie. There's already younger/better guys all over the roster.

If anyone hasn't listen to the Austin podcast with Bryan, they really should, because the humbleness really does shine through there and it just makes you like the guy more. It feels somehow fitting now.

I do think the Usos' stock definitely went up. If we had WCW Top Ten Rankings here, they'd definitely be the number one contenders for the title for winning that cage match. I'm just saying.

I'm pretty sure everyone involved in this angle is more over then they were three weeks ago.

1) Bryan went from the most over guy in the company to historically over.

2) Bray is now a gigantic heel. People want to pay money to see Bryan whip his ass in a match.

3) The Usos are now really over and also showed they can do some good promo stuff.

4) Harper/Rowan actually drew with The Usos and were cast as their equals in the Smackdown match.

The WO front page says that Bryan doesn't remember much of the cage match at all.  And he wasn't on the Smackdown tapings tonight either.

Someone better fill his ass in. Stuff like that doesn't happen every day...

• Like 1

Just to piss off FSW:

I would be fine with Brock-Batista and Bryan-Taker at Mania for the sole reason that it's pretty obvious that the Main Event would need to be Bryan-Taker, even without the belt. The hottest act in the company tries to end The Streak, and for the first time in years, it's someone you could conceivably imagine them ending the Streak for.

Well said. I'm looking forward to finding out Bryan and Undertaker's WrestleMania XXX opponent. The Streak match is always the biggest match at WrestleMania as it's the most valuable.

Sucks Bryan has a concussion, back suplex maybe?

Homeboy was also headbutting samoans. That can't help.

You're just asking for trouble at that point. Seriously I hope if it's a bad concussion, a couple weeks of rest will help. Its certainly a given that Bryan wasn't winning the Rumble. But it would have been fun see him set the new distance record.

Just re-watched Cena/Sandow and I thought it was awesome. This was worked somewhat like a main event with them breaking out big stuff leading to some hot neatfalls minus the kicking out of the finishers constantly which is a good thing. Cena made Sandows offense look great and even though it was a given Cena would win, it stil came off as if Sandow was going to pull off the upset at some points. The crowd was hot for the majority of the match and the commentary was on point too. I'm sure Cena's pulled off the AA countering the crossface like that before, but I haven't kept up with wrestling regularly in years, so I can't confirm that, but I still think it was an awesome way to finish the match. Fun stuff.

I may or may not have a dream where HHH beat Bryan at Mania in a match that was weird like the Orton one from 25. I do not have wrestling dreams so I figure it was more about all the back and forth bitching on the board than anything else.

Thanks guys.

Now then, my new fantasy booking scenario involves a Regal heel turn, a career vs Mania title shot match, and the Wrestlemania X coin flip. Ready?

I just keep up with Raw through WWE website clips but the leg lock Sandow had on Cena at the start of their clip should totally be a finish for the guy if only because I am obsessed with him having a submission finish where he goes into a 'Thinker' pose.  The shitty Tequila Sunrise would also work if anyone is interested.

I think the Bryan/Wyatt angle only would have been interesting if they feuded with big names. Bryan's involvement didn't elevate the group to fighting Punk or Cena. They just kept fighting The Usos. So instead of using him to make the group look like a big deal, they just brought him down to their level. I think that would have engaged live crowds more, but as it was booked it felt more like "He's getting depushed" so crowd's responded as they have been trained to in similar circumstances.

It really should have involved the champs AND the Usos, especially since they got some great promo and matches out of it. That final loss on Raw could have easily been a triple threat tag for the titles with the Usos and the Rhodes.

Big Show first sexually assaults and then knocks out Zeb Colter for no reason at all and now the poor old war vet can't even remember Roxanne's name but the commentators play that for laughs.

Later on the same show, Orton punches Cena's dad who disrespectfully had his back turned to the Champion like a nerd at an indy show and the commentators treat that like the most detestful thing they've ever seen.

And from the Wrestling Observer:

-- Michael writes: I know this is earth shattering stuff here but Cena's uderwear was some type of fruity pebbles underwear. You could see the slogan in HD as he was getting in the ambulance.

The Fruity Pebbles slogan is 'Calvin Klein'.  Bet that's news to Post too.