DVDVR Message Board

I still think we'll see HHH making either Punk or Bryan (depending on who they want him to do a program with at Mania) enter the Rumble first as some attempt at screwing them over. As it sounds like Batista is getting a title run as a condition of his return, I could see him eliminating Bryan to win the Rumble (maybe after Bryan is in there for 60+ minutes) then taking the belt at Mania. Bryan goes on saying he should have won the Rumble instead and as runner up he should get a shot, etc, leading up to him taking the belt off Batista at Summerslam.

If we get down to Dave v Bryan in the Rumble, and Bryan loses, there is no way Dave stays face there. I could see a half smark crowd turning on him instantly.

Honestly I think they should go with:

Bryan v Orton - WWE Title

Punk v HHH

Lesnar v Taker

Batista v Cena

Rhodes v Uso's v Shield v Wyatts - Tag belts

Langston v Ambrose - Unify titles.

HOF introduction.

Add in a segment with the Real Americans trashing NO, Hogan comes down to clean house but the numbers game gets to him, WAAARRRYYYYAAAHHH! comes down to make the save and help clean house, Hogan hulks up, UW feels the power and everyone cheers as they shake hands and pose for a couple minutes.

Leaves Show, Rey, Del Rio, Henry, Sheamus?, Christian? and a few others to be booked.

• Like 1

I don't really want to see fantasy booking..  I simply want to see what WWE creative is going to do. Lately, they've been more good than bad. I doubt the end game is Bryan/Kane vs. Wyatts but we'll see. I just find it hard to believe that they would spend so much time on Bryan (he's ended how many RAWs now?) just for it to be a midcard tag at Mania.

I swear at the time, I thought that Punk was just trolling him given how over the top his reactions were. 

Ok, first of all, there's nothing about this video that isn't awesome. Punk's Killswitch Engage theme (even though CoP is better, I forgot how much I liked this one), Burke and Cor Von looking like future stars, the pounce which RVD ate like a champ, the Punk/Cor Von/Burke trio looking badass combined with the visual of the super lame mid-90s-esque Matt Striker and Kevin Thorn jumping up and down like they were copy and pasted into a generic SvR create-an-angle set piece... Good stuff.

Back on topic, if there's 4 words that make the decision to unify the belts look like the dumbest course of action imaginable, it's "Batista guaranteed title run." Maybe they can weasel out of it by giving him the US belt. If WWE hasn't realized that giving Batista a face push at the expense of Bryan won't go very well, they're even dumber than I thought.

Also, I don't want to see Batista very much. He had a great career and I enjoyed large chunks of it, but at no point since 2010 have I thought "You know, I'd really like to see Batista again." There is no possible program with him that would excite me now. Well, I take that last part back... I was so desperately hoping that no one interesting would be wasted on a Batista program that I was ecstatic when Del Rio called him out. 

I think fantasy booking can be fun, but it ultimately does lead to frustration because you're just projecting what you want to see and that is rarely going to come to any kind of fruition.

• Like 1

None of the dipshits that make horse jokes about Lillian would EVER kick her out of their bed for eating crackers. Just sayin'.

I prefer a more stable relationship.

We will talk again on Friday Mike

Look, guys, all that matters is there might be a little glimmer of hope that Team Hell No could come back for a short little run. One of the better tag teams in the last decade, in my opinion.

But, yeah, I'm basically loving this shit. They really should have stretched out the "Daniel Bryan "joins" the Wyatt Family" thing. It does feel really rushed. Take last night's reaction and just give it a few more weeks. You take an already awesome crowd response and turn it up to 11 if they gave it the proper build and whatnot. It's okay, though, because everyone involved is still better off than before. Especially the Usos. They'll be the ones to de-throne Cody & Goldust. Speaking of which... do they pull the trigger on Cody/Dustin at WM30?

I think the Bryan/Wyatt angle only would have been interesting if they feuded with big names. Bryan's involvement didn't elevate the group to fighting Punk or Cena. They just kept fighting The Usos. So instead of using him to make the group look like a big deal, they just brought him down to their level. I think that would have engaged live crowds more, but as it was booked it felt more like "He's getting depushed" so crowd's responded as they have been trained to in similar circumstances.

I think if nothing else, it raised the Usos' stock some.

I think they're the only one's who truly came out ahead. Maybe Daniel Bryan, because by taking him away from the fans, WWE ended up reinforcing fans' commitment to him as a lead babyface. 

If anyone hasn't listen to the Austin podcast with Bryan, they really should, because the humbleness really does shine through there and it just makes you like the guy more. It feels somehow fitting now.

I do think the Usos' stock definitely went up. If we had WCW Top Ten Rankings here, they'd definitely be the number one contenders for the title for winning that cage match. I'm just saying.

I think fantasy booking can be fun, but it ultimately does lead to frustration because you're just projecting what you want to see and that is rarely going to come to any kind of fruition.

I will never give it up.  Hurricane Helms and Rosey are at worst third or fourth contenders for the titles right now, Goddammit.

• Like 1

EMMA!!!!! That was almost the best thing on the show until, damnit, that ENDING!!!!!

The only thing that can happen is Bryan winning the rumble.

Just don't know what to do with BIG DAVE then...does Bryan eliminate him last?

....also, fuck it, let's do Warrior vs. Undertaker at WM. I want a proper payoff to the coffin angle!!!

I think you gotta have Triple H infer next week, maybe without saying it, that Batista is being entered to keep Daniel Bryan from winning it. So then, come the Rumble, you have D-Bry come in like, 4th, and have him keep cheating death. Have Roman Reigns do the thing where the future monster eliminates like 20 guys, have Big Dave come out like 27th, clean house, and have the final four be Reigns/Bryan/Batista/Langston. Final two of Bry and Dave. Bry eliminates Dave for he win.

Crowd goes fucking nuts.

They got Punk in there too. I'd be ok with a Batista/Punk/Bryan final 3. The Indy dream team eliminates Dave and then have a RESPECT~~~!!!ful few minutes before Bryan eliminates Punk.

I'm 2 weeks behind on WWE but caught the end of Raw on YT. Say what you want about Whether or not Bryan is Over but you cant force that reaction. I love that type of crowd reaction especially when its isnt in a smarkish manner and they are genuinely into it.

Everyone is sleeping on the fact that Kane probably knew what D-Bry's plan all along was, and that's why he kept the key to the cage door.

Also, I hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so. Yeah, midcard act my white ass.

Except they didn't play this off like beating up Bray Wyatt was Daniel's plan all along. They played it up as if getting the Sister Abigal was one step too far and Bryan snapped on Wyatt in a fit of rage. Not predetermined.

I'd have them stack the deck against Bryan, Rumble 99 style. Have him take a beatdown from the Shield on the way to the ring and never makes it or whatever.

Final two are Batista and Roman Reigns. Bryan comes back to eliminate them both from behind.  Orton/Bryan at Mania, Reigns/Batista as well. Have Bryan go over, Triple H throws Lesnar in his path. Bryan barely survives the first match, then drops the belt to Lesnar in HIAC.

Lesnar stops following the orders from Triple H. You build to Lesnar vs. Batista at Summerslam.

Everyone is sleeping on the fact that Kane probably knew what D-Bry's plan all along was, and that's why he kept the key to the cage door.

Also, I hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so. Yeah, midcard act my white ass.

Except they didn't play this off like beating up Bray Wyatt was Daniel's plan all along. They played it up as if getting the Sister Abigal was one step too far and Bryan snapped on Wyatt in a fit of rage. Not predetermined.

I'd say having his regular gear on underneath his outfit can be taken as possible evidence that Daniel Bryan's actions were premeditated.

Do you need Michael Cole to spoon-feed you with commentary for you to be aware of the possible interpretations of various actions?

• Like 2