DVDVR Message Board

I think that if UFC had been bigger and could offer Lesnar as much money coming out of college as the WWF did, he would've done that instead. UFC was quite a few paces behind the WWF at the time.

If UFC hit it big, our first Angle/Lesnar bout could've been inside the Octagon. That would've been amazing. Also who would've made more money Lesnar or Angle?

Lesnar, easy. His body would have held up.

Also, Angle/ Lesnar would never happen in the Octagon because Kurt would have fought at 205... where the money fights were.

Also I think the lion's share of the wear and tear on his body came from stuff he'd never have done in UFC

That's my thought as well. He wouldn't have been doing backflips off the Octagon every night for two years. He would have the normal wear and tear someone like Randy Couture has. Now I wanna go to Earth-47 where the UFC becomes big in the early 90's and Kurt Angle dominates the Light Heavyweight Division.

Kurt wouldn't have destroyed his body doing highspots. He'd have destroyed his body doing MMA training camps... Randy Couture is a medical freak in terms of the lack of wear and tear on his body. Look at the non-event thread in the MMA folder, about 75% of the posts are "Fighter X out of next month's show, replaced by Fighter Y".

And then news comes today that Kurt's signed with Bellator. If it is indeed to fight and not just a promotional deal, isn't it kind of nuts for him to get into mma at this point?

Angle IS nuts

I don't know if I believe Buff Bagwell's account of his WWF firing BUT it did lead to one terrific line about the match with Booker T...

"Shane McMahon steps in front of me and goes, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, don't look in the cameras."

I said, "Have you ever watched one of my matches? That's all I fucking do!""

• Like 3