DVDVR Message Board

I thought this was great, although regrettably my wife died of boredom during the admittedly dull discussion of trucks and guns

It seemed like how interesting Lesnar is when talking about something is proportional to how uncomfortable it makes him; he's completely relaxed when he gets to just describe his default lifestyle of being a taciturn, chicken-killing simpleton in the middle of nowhere, but it's boring (though it's still kinda neat to hear him discuss anything that humanises him a bit)

then you get him onto his turbulent career path and how he basically hates people and doesn't understand how to deal with them at all, and he's suddenly the most fascinating guy in the business

Listened to it....eh. Nothing special. No real excitement or emotion from Brock really, which I think speaks volumes about him as a person. Not in a bad way, but his priorities seem in the right place compared to everyone else in the WWE.

I'd love to go back and watch that actually, does it hold up? I remember it being one of the better iron man's in history.

I vividly remember that episode was the Smackdown before the first RAW PPV after the brand split and this episode of Smackdown raised the bar so high that the PPV was never gonna catch it - there was a great Los Guerreros v WGTT match then that Iron Man

Was there any talk about Rena?

No, but his flag pole was at full salute

He asked if they met on cougarlife.com

"Is the flag flying at half-mast, Brock? Wanna get Alpha Brain as a sponsor!?"

Giant T Plus on his shorts, right over his groin

"It'll give ya a boner as big as the one tattooed on your chest!"

YAdoT.gif

• Like 8

I'd love to go back and watch that actually, does it hold up? I remember it being one of the better iron man's in history.

I vividly remember that episode was the Smackdown before the first RAW PPV after the brand split and this episode of Smackdown raised the bar so high that the PPV was never gonna catch it - there was a great Los Guerreros v WGTT match then that Iron Man

I didn't even like the Iron Man match when it aired. It was Kurt Angle at his most self-indulgent.

Story-wise, it was fine and made sense.  Brock takes a DQ loss or two in order to pick up several more wins, and Kurt slowly makes his comeback.

Watching it live, it was horribly boring and the point at which I stopped liking Angle as much.

Was there any talk about Rena?

No, but his flag pole was at full salute

He asked if they met on cougarlife.com

"Is the flag flying at half-mast, Brock? Wanna get Alpha Brain as a sponsor!?"

Giant T Plus on his shorts, right over his groin

"It'll give ya a boner as big as the one tattooed on your chest!"

YAdoT.gif

dhMeAzK.gif

• Like 1

It was like he borrowed Benoit's All Japan tapes but never grasped the the subtleness of Kawada and Misawa doing delayed selling. Kurt saw it as "Oh its just pure adrenaline! It all makes sense now!!"

James

I enjoyed the shit out of this. Brock didn't grow up a wrestling fan. I think because I grew up a huge wrestling fan I want to hear my favorite wrestlers reference shit that I grew up on like "oh he gets it!" but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. Brock still GETS IT despite no previous knowledge for the business and no love for the business. I respect that he's honest, that wrestling is just a job. But here's the thing also. He is really fucking great at his job and he doesn't take it easy at all. He treats every job he has very seriously and puts in 100% effort when he's out there. That's all an employer or a fan can ask.

Listened to it last night and these are basically my thoughts on it.

I think its great Brock doesn't have a "i remember seeing Flair/Hogan/Savage on tv and was immediately hooked" story because of the simple fact that he was too busy chasing cows trying to help his family.

It wasnt his "dream" to work for $10 in shitty arenas just so that he might one day get a shot at the big time,he's just a hoss who saw the biz as an opportunity, treats it as a job and does it very very well.

Its weird to hear Brock saying he has friends besides Heyman. Thought theyd plug HIAC a bit more.