DVDVR Message Board

I do feel bad for her, the break up, fame, drugs and probably existing mental illness did a number on her. 

Professionally she never really helped anyone. Her refusing to put over or sell for any of the other women is a bad mark for her. When a lot of men had no problem putting her over. 

I get why she didn't put other women over though at first though. She feuded with Ivory who everyone wanted to see her destroy. She destroys Ivory and moves on eventually to Lita and then leaves the company with the belt.My guess is eventually Trish or Lita would've been the one to slay the beast of course the other problem is what do you do with the woman who is bigger and strong than every other woman on the roster.

I guess what the "E" should've done was work out at deal with some Joshi promotion, pay to send her there away from WWE and bring her in every few months to be like the Andre of the Women's Division. Just keep her away from Hunter/Steph. Eventually if you feel they can work with each other you can have a worked shoot build-up to Steph vs. Chyna. Even use it as part of the HBK/Hunter build up. Hunter moved on to Steph but Shawn sticks up for his former DX friend in Chyna.

Tyson gets the benefit of having nearly two decades between his prison stint and now--time where he's become something of a sympathetic figue and hasn't done anything bad since, other than biting Holyfield's ear. 

Oh come on, he ALSO bit Lennox Lewis on the leg, he called a reporter a "faggot" and threatened to rape him during a press conference, he beat his wife, he attacked a driver after a fender-bender in 1998, and by his own admission was coking and whoring during the whole time.  Also he got a prison guard pregnant.  I don't begrudge another their attempts at PR but you've just whitewashed a whole heap of malfeasance.  

• Like 2

Tyson gets the benefit of having nearly two decades between his prison stint and now--time where he's become something of a sympathetic figue and hasn't done anything bad since, other than biting Holyfield's ear. 

Oh come on, he ALSO bit Lennox Lewis on the leg, he called a reporter a "faggot" and threatened to rape him during a press conference, he beat his wife, he attacked a driver after a fender-bender in 1998, and by his own admission was coking and whoring during the whole time.  Also he got a prison guard pregnant.  I don't begrudge another their attempts at PR but you've just whitewashed a whole heap of malfeasance.  

I whitewashed nothing.  I'm not suggesting that Tyson is a saint.  What I'm saying is that many of his faults happened long enough ago that time has softened opinions on him.  Chyna's so-called indiscretions are much more recent, too fresh to be overlooked for some.

I whitewashed nothing. 

I dunno, " hasn't done anything bad since, other than biting Holyfield's ear. " doesn't seem to be consistent with the lengthy list of transgressions I mentioned above.  

Tyson was a much bigger star than Chyna, so he starts from a higher level of visibility and fan interest to begin with. Because Tyson had such a high level of established marketability, more people are willing to invest more money in positive PR efforts to rehabilitate his image.  That's all there is to it, really.

You read something in my original post that simply isn't there.  Just because I didn't give a detailed account of Tyson's transgressions doesn't mean I was whitewashing them.

I also noted that Chyna won't get another chance at PR redemption in another post.

If anything, I think I've been a lot more sympathetic toward Chyna.

Not sure where we're disagreeing on anything.

IIRC, she was also raped while in college.  She's gone through some bad stuff.

Sorry for repeating sleaze, but FWIW, I heard an X-Pac shoot where apparently it was suggested that this was not exactly the case, and she was just embarrassed after a sexual encounter. Want to say it might have been Breaking Kayfabe series. He might be full of shit, who knows

Austin would ask Rude about his relatively tiny legs and Rude would get very defensive and yell "DAMN IT IT'S AN UPPER BODY BUSINESS, STEVE!"

Chyna's not in the HOF because her clitpenis is gross

efa.

"DAMN IT STEVE STOP TAKING THE LORDS NAME IN VAIN!"

• Like 1

IIRC, she was also raped while in college.  She's gone through some bad stuff.

Sorry for repeating sleaze, but FWIW, I heard an X-Pac shoot where apparently it was suggested that this was not exactly the case, and she was just embarrassed after a sexual encounter. Want to say it might have been Breaking Kayfabe series. He might be full of shit, who knows

To be fair, X-Pac has no way of actually knowing that since you know..........he wasn't actually there. 

• Like 1

The way Hunter made it sound like "hey, I'm with you guys" while Vince makes all the unpopular decisions, leads me to believe these interviews are eventually going to lead to a HHH-Vince feud at some point and we're all being worked. Then again, I always think we are being worked.

To be fair, X-Pac has no way of actually knowing that since you know..........he wasn't actually there. 

If everyone in Wrestling only spoke with authority on things they personally witnessed with their own two eyes, and 'swear on the bible' knew for an absolute fact to be true... the Shoot Interview business would have gone belly up after two months.

If you're "sorry for repeating sleaze," then don't do it.

Whether or not you believe Chyna was raped (and it doesn't at all matter what you or a particularly sleazy wrestler believe about those claims or the claims of any victimized women),

it's completely irrelevant to the Hall of Fame discussion, which, by the way, there is a thread for: http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3173-2015-hall-of-fame/

---------------------------

Favorite Steve Austin show guest? I'm not really counting Vince or HHH, as those interviews were quite a bit different than the usual shit-shooting. I'm partial to Nash:

http://youtu.be/ndH2lH5W4sw

http://youtu.be/mDfQbXan_rc

http://youtu.be/TwnhEoR8aiw

• Like 1