DVDVR Message Board

YOUR 2014 INTERNET MATCHES OF THE YEAR THREAD

cubbymark

IWRG- Araña de Plata, Blue Monsther, Matrix Jr. vs Emperador Azteca, Látigo, Picudo Jr- 2/4/2014: Oh man, this match is a shoulder-separating good time.  Ahhh, remember back when you were young and really could not give a shit.  Here it is in Lucha form.  God bless young thecubsfan.

--------------------------

COLISEO NOCHES- Corazón de Barrio, Diluvio Negro, Hator vs Mr. Nice, Silencio, Simbolo- 1/26/2014

Speaking of lost youth, this is quite the sloppy Saturday night drunk of a Lucha match.  Blood AND Topes into paying customers?  Fuck yeah, you make it into this thread.  May God still keep blessing your thecubsfan.

CMLL PUEBLA- Sagrado, Starman, Tritón vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus- 1/27/2014: Thirty minutes of my second favorite rudo aggregate versus a technico clump that includes 1997 mid-card superstar Staman?  LET THE RE-NEWED LOVE OF LUCHA CONTINUE!

Yikes you.

EDIT: I've just watched the match. It's not an all-time classic but it's still a really fun hoss v. hoss battle. The progression to bigger spots, the struggle to hit them, VERY hard strike exchanges, Okabayashi's selling; I could go on. But instead, I'll just say Yikes again

I still fail to see what this whole 'yikes' thing is about. I admit that I've watched very little wrestling and no international wrestling, but all I was looking for was some explanation as to why this is a contender for the ”best” of the year. I don't think such a thing requires such a douchey response.

Bucky's response may have been a bit strong, but your comment did come across a bit snarky. It'd be like going onto the SHIMMER forums and saying, "I've never seen any women's wrestling, but I can't fathom why anyone would care to see two penis-free people doing fake-fighting."

On the topic of "best of year": Each year, DEAN has a thread where he posts internet-accessible matches that make him smile. In fact, it would probably be better served to be called, "2014 Internet Wrestling Matches From US Indies, Mexico, Japan, and Anywhere Else That Make Dean Mark Out and Go Pantsless". That title is too long, though, and who has time for all those words anyway? There are fat dudes throwing rasslin moves that need to be viewed, stat. 

It's just a bit of fun. I love this thread, though, because it's a reminder that we watch rasslin because we like it. Give some of the matches a chance, and you might like some of them. And if you don't? That's okay, too. Lots of other places on this forum to chat.

• Like 1

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on the Powerslam Productions matches I have posted.

I have them in my "watch later" youtube folder so I'll get to them after the mountain of Lucha.  Shouldn't be long.

• Like 1

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on the Powerslam Productions matches I have posted.

I have them in my "watch later" youtube folder so I'll get to them after the mountain of Lucha.  Shouldn't be long.

Should have some Elite Championship Wrestling matches up soon. From their last show in Meridian MS,

CMLL- Fuego, Gallo, Magnus vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Bárbaro Cavernario, Nosferatu- 1/21/2014:  There is alot of erotic wiggly shoulder dancing by one of the generic technicos and it is enough to scare away most MANLY viewers.  But there is much total masculine overdrive on the rudo side that one can make through the funny feelings in one's paunts.

-------------------------

AAA- Faby Apache, Jennifer Blake, La Jarochita vs Mary Apache, Sexy Star, Taya Valkyrie- 1/25/2014:  Mary Apache is becoming quite a big mean lady but she can still go like a mofo.  The rest of this is a total hoot- what with the Amazonian Canadians in furry and boots and the teenage-boy-vision-destroying Battle Of The Tiniest Legal Pants.  Oh man, learn to love it, I am not made of wood.

Good heavens, you were not kidding about Blake and Jarochita's tiny, tiny pants.

You know it's really something when Sexy Star is the conservatively dressed one in a match. Valkyrie's boots and 2-toned hair rule.

Mari sure has turned into her father -- all weeble-wobbly and round but still a total badass in the ring. Good stuff. Faby and Mari are always a treat.

How is Danny Flamingo meant to be the bad guy when his theme is "Another night, another dream"?  Apart from that, I dug that match quite a bit, is Flamingo a regular with Powerslam?

He is now. He just graduated wrestling school recently. And works for Powerslam and Wildkat. He is a heel because of his mannerisms. Plus with him being from Chalmette Louisiana he is mega heel in MS.

• Like 1

I meant more that having 90s Europop as a theme is only going to endear a wrestler to me. Cheers though, that's more stuff to keep an eye out for. I've not really been keeping up with U.S. indies - there hasn't been a single Maynard Skynard match posted this year!

I just keep up with  Powerslam Productions and Wildkat Sports. Because both run shows near me. Between the two they might run 12 shows a year. Both have Youtube channels with lots of stuff. Wildkat puts out 2 or 3 episodes of their webseries a year. The newest one has a great Bestia 666 vs Bolt Brady match. And the four way match for the Wildkat Revolution title.

I been telling the promoters of both they should start selling the dvds of the shows Online. Everyone that has watched a few of the matches has wanted to see more.

CMLL- Dragon Lee, Pegasso, Star Jr. vs Cancerbero, Hechicero, Raziel- 1/25/2014: Cancerbero and his crew are so rough and rowdy!  Cancerbero picking up Star Jr by his tiny pants keeps a disturbing theme going in the Lucha I've watched the last two days.  C,mon Star Jr, let them order another helping of buttocks covering! 

Year started good for Xplosion Nacional de Lucha here in Chile

XL and Hellspawn vs Ghurka and Red Rocket vs Anarko Montaña and Fear

This is the last match of XL and Hellspawn before they go to Mexico (Hellspawn) and to Pro Wrestling NOAH (XL). Tons of fun in this match, it's an stiff encounter with a lot of tag team moves and a little bit of brawling. One of the best matches I've ever seen in my country.

Hey man, not sure if you're not around anymore and this is falling on deaf ears, but who is who in this match?

Ray Gonzalez vs Might Ursus-WWC 3/22/14. Dean I think you will like this one. Mighty Ursus is a great heel!

embed.video.gfrmedia.com/wwc/embed/lassuperestrellasdelaluchalibre3221435-156560.html

embed.video.gfrmedia.com/wwc/embed/lassuperestrellasdelaluchalibre3221445-156559.html

I don't why I'm not able to get the match above posted. Any ideas?

i could not create a media tag for Bumbia and it's now gone even crazier.  Cut and paste the links into the browser until I can figure something out.  And I'm glad you posted these because I need to catch up on my PR.