DVDVR Message Board

YOUR 2014 INTERNET MATCHES OF THE YEAR THREAD

cubbymark

one for Dean this Monday in Japan

LEGEND THE PRO-WRESTLING 2014 “Legend 40th Anniversary Event”, 1/13/2014 @ Korakuen Hall in Tokyo

() 6 Man Tag Match: Mitsuya Nagai [DRADITION], Bear Fukuda [sECRET BASE] & Nobuyuki Kurashima [DRADITION] vs. Alexander Otsuka [AODC], Super Tiger [RJPW] & Hayato Mashita [RJPW]

() Akitoshi Saito [Free] vs. Daisuke Sekimoto [bJW]() Tomohiro Ishii [NJPW] vs. Yuji Okabayashi [bJW]

() Hiro Saito [DRADITION] & AKIRA [WNC] vs. Jushin Thunder Liger [NJPW] & Manabu Nakanishi [NJPW]

The match was exactly how you would imagine. Ishii wrestling like he is the one with the big weight and height advantage is amusing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bn215_yuji-okabayashi-vs-tomohiro-ishii-legend-pro_sport

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but what is the appeal of two chubby bald gents just hitting moves on each other? I realize that may sound a tad inflammatory, but to be fair Tajiri is the only Japanese wrestler I've seen.

Yikes.

Perhaps I'm missing something here, but what is the appeal of two chubby bald gents just hitting moves on each other? I realize that may sound a tad inflammatory, but to be fair Tajiri is the only Japanese wrestler I've seen.

Yikes.

Yikes what?

Yikes you.

EDIT: I've just watched the match. It's not an all-time classic but it's still a really fun hoss v. hoss battle. The progression to bigger spots, the struggle to hit them, VERY hard strike exchanges, Okabayashi's selling; I could go on. But instead, I'll just say Yikes again

Yikes you.

EDIT: I've just watched the match. It's not an all-time classic but it's still a really fun hoss v. hoss battle. The progression to bigger spots, the struggle to hit them, VERY hard strike exchanges, Okabayashi's selling; I could go on. But instead, I'll just say Yikes again

I still fail to see what this whole 'yikes' thing is about. I admit that I've watched very little wrestling and no international wrestling, but all I was looking for was some explanation as to why this is a contender for the ”best” of the year. I don't think such a thing requires such a douchey response.
  • Like 1

I took umbrage at you saying it was "just two chubby dudes doing moves" and explained why it was more than that. Did you watch the match?

And you should know, this isn't like some match of the year candidate thread. This is just a place where DEAN posts videos of the fat dudes he enjoys. How are there people that don't get this

Averno vs Volador Jr-CMLL 1/6/14.  Everybody has been pimping the Negro Casas/Titan match but this is on the same level if not better.  For some reason I'm not able to post the youtube link.  

EDIT:  You might be using Internet Explorer.  I've noticed that ya can't paste to the board while using it.- DHR.  Here ya go:

• 2 weeks later...

Updated for 3/2 (New additions in bold)

NOW JAN 1 – DEC 31

WWE:

The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family (2/23) *****

Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt (1/26) ****1/2

Antonio Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn (2/27) ****1/2

Antonio Cesaro vs. John Cena (2/17) ****1/2

The Elimination Chamber (2/23) ****1/4

Antonio Cesaro vs. Randy Orton (2/17) ****

The Shield vs. Bryan/Cena/Sheamus  (1/27) ****

Paige vs. Emma (2/27) ****

CM Punk vs. Roman Reigns (1/6) ****

The Shield vs. CM Punk & The Usos (1/3) ****

Puro:

Masato Yoshino vs. Masaaki Mochizuki (1/16) (DG) *****

Tetsuya Naito vs. Tomohiro Ishii (2/11) (NJPW) ****3/4

Kazuchika Okada vs. Tetsuya Naito (1/4) (NJPW) ****1/2

Kazuchika Okada vs. Hirooki Goto (2/11) (NJPW) ****1/2

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (2/9) (NJPW) ****1/2

Okada/Nakamura/Ishii vs. Goto/Tanahashi/Naito (2/2) (NJPW) ****1/2

Taiji Ishimori vs. Hajime Ohara (1/19) (NOAH) ****1/4

Shibata/Goto vs. Okada/YOSHI-HASHI (2/9) (NJPW) ****1/4

Atsushi Aoki vs. Kotaro Suzuki (2/5) (AJPW) ****1/4

Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto (1/4) (NJPW) ****1/4

Golden Lovers vs. Yankii Ni Cho Kenji vs. Endo/Takeshita (1/26) (DDT) ****

Masaaki Mochizuki vs. T-Hawk (1/12) (DG) ****

Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!! vs. Super Shiisa (1/12) (DG) ****

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (1/4) (NJPW) ****

Prince Devitt vs. Kota Ibushi (1/4) (NJPW) ****

KENTA vs. Takeshi Morishima (1/5) (NOAH) ****

Mascara Dorada vs. Volador Jr. (1/19) (NJPW) ****

PWG:

DGUSA/EVOLVE:

AR Fox vs. Chris Hero (2/23) ****1/4

Johnny Gargano vs. Roderick Strong (2/23) ****

Nese/Trent vs. Swann/Strickland (2/23) ****

Ricochet vs. Chris Hero (1/10) **** 

ROH:

AJ Styles vs. Roderick Strong (2/1) ****1/4

wXw:

Other:

Virus vs. Titan (1/28) (CMLL) ****1/2

• Like 1

Dean should love this. 

Shaun Tempers and Andrew Alexander beat the fuck out of each other in a dog collar match held in a dimly lit southern warehouse.  Tempers bleeds all over the place and Alexander hits an insane dive where he disappears off camera. 

• Like 1

Dean should love this. 

Shaun Tempers and Andrew Alexander beat the fuck out of each other in a dog collar match held in a dimly lit southern warehouse.  Tempers bleeds all over the place and Alexander hits an insane dive where he disappears off camera. 

Some good old violent Southern wrestling. Love it!

Powerslam Productions

Luke Hawx VS Matt Lancie for the Extreme Rising Heavyweight title

March 9th 2014 Picyune Mississiippi. Stripmall Church Wrestling!

Outlaw Matt Lancie w/Big Ramp vs Wildcard J Spade

McComb Mississippi

Powerslam Productions Winter Warfare

Danny Flamingo vs Socorro

Same show as the last match.

More quality, STIFF~! indie wrestling with guys I haven't seen before, brought to you by the guys at Midnight Mayhem, from some warehouse somewhere in the South or possibly the Midwest.

CMLL- Blue Panther/ Cachorro vs Averno/ El Rebelde- 1/31/2014: I love Blue Panther and Averno but dig the nastiness of El Rebelde in this.  And I notice that thecubsfan is back to being thecubsfan! HUZZAH!

--------------------

CMLL- Atlantis/ Delta/ Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Negro Casas/ Puma/ Tiger- 2/2/2014:  Okay, so Lucha is awesome this year.  Negro Casas beating something out of Atlantis is 2 FUN @B B-LEEVED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR5HQ5d0mh

IWRG- Oficial 911 vs Golden Magic- 2/2/2014:  I usually sneer at the stlitedness of the Lucha Libre titel style match- what with the athleeticism, SCIENTIFIC WRESTLING~!  and lack of blood, but this is a fiesty little match filled with face-punching and crushing topes!  YES!

OPG 23/2/14 - Hyper-Choshu-Aihara vs Crazy H: This made my day, you'll get the idea from the strike exchange at the start. H has his moments but it's really all about Hyper looking like a boss. I need to see more of this guy like now. Match is only 10 minutes, worth everyone's time.