DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

For the PS3 Borderlands 2 players bought Tiny Tina's DLC and it's already installed. Wondering who is up for some co-op in the near future?

I should be on later tonight if you're down.

Not sure if my buddy had it downloaded earlier today or not will find out later today. If Applebee's doesn't do Trivia tonight we can start the Tiny Tina DLC tonight if they do it then probably wednesday at the earliest.  

I guess he wasnt that dead after all.

The announcement that the DLC is coming out around Halloween and that the villan's name is Jacques O'Lantern would lead me to believe that TK will be back in zombie form.  The Return of the Living Dead joke is just waiting to tell itself.

You should be stupidly overpowered for the zombie and robot ones, they'll be plain fun without problems.  The secret-arsenal one with the cars is, shall we say, rather more difficult.  The Arena one always levels up to where you are, so it just depends on your skills, it's tough but doable.  

• 3 weeks later...

A Borderlands 2 GOTY edition will be released on Oct. 8

Here's the full list, courtesy of 2K Games' press release:P

Borderlands 2 Main Game
Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty
Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt
Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep
Creature Slaughter Dome
Premiere Club Content: Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class; Gearbox Gun Pack; Golden Key; Vault Hunter's Relic
Krieg, the Psycho Character Class
Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So until tonight I didn't realize J.T. and Rippa have the season pass. So let's take stock real quick, so maybe we can get something going. What characters do you all have going and what DLC do you have?

Characters:

Level 31 Krieg

Level 31 Gaige

Level 50 Salvadore

DLC:

Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty

Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage

Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack Two: Digistruct Peak Challenge (Will have soon)

• 5 weeks later...

I took a diversion from the story line on my first Axton playthrough (heading into the finale) to try to get a little better equipment.  Took me an hour, but I raked in a Bee which, when combined with the Good Touch and slag bullets from my turret, is making my life easier.

I also decided to do the 1 piece of DLC that I have at the moment (Captain Scarlett) to gain a little more loot and exp before the end of my first playthrough.

• 2 weeks later...

Borderlands 2 is on sale on Xbox Live for $7.50, and the season pass is on sale for just over $20.  CATCH A RIIIIIIIIDE!

Also, Tiny Tina's DLC is god damn great.  And challenging, too.  I blew through Captain Scarlett and thought I would have the same cakewalk at least at the beginning with Tiny Tina, but I nearly died multiple times right away.  Made me screw my head back on right as opposed to walking though anything in my path.

Borderlands 2 is on sale on Xbox Live for $7.50, and the season pass is on sale for just over $20.  CATCH A RIIIIIIIIDE!

It was free last week for PS+ members on the PS3.  Perfect price for me to finally give it a shot!

• 1 month later...

Gamestop is offering the Borderlands 2 GOTY edition for $39.99 per the ad I just got in my email. So not the "greatest" deal that still is a really good deal for that

Gamestop is offering the Borderlands 2 GOTY edition for $39.99 per the ad I just got in my email. So not the "greatest" deal that still is a really good deal for that

Considering the regular game was free for PS+ subscribers a couple weeks ago, I'm not sure that's a good deal (if you have a PS3 anyway).