The Chappelle Show

Burn Notice

Eastbound and Down

Bob's Burgers

Dexter

The Wire

Key & Peele

Psych

The shows on the list I am most likely to get around to watching are Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, recent Dr. Who, and Elementary

True Blood needs the Old Yeller treatment.

No never.

True Blood always struck me as Twilight for people with college degrees.

I know quite a few women in their late 20's-30's who go nuts for Twilight. I don't know if that's true everywhere but worth mentioning.

As a man who can honestly say he saw the first Twilight (yes ass was involved), it is NOTHING like True Blood. Equivalent to saying because GOT and LOTR have dragons they're similar versions of one another.

I've never seen-

The Shield

The Wire

True Detective (though based on overwhelmingly positive reviews I'm going to try this at work next week)

The Sopranos (I'd watch an episode here and there while waiting for Six Feet Under/Oz and it never interested me)

Trailer Park Boys

Downton Abbey

Any Dr. Who series

Any medical drama show other than House

True Blood and Game of Thrones I both managed to watch the first season of and thought were awful.

I wasn't a LOTR/Hobbit fan until well after the LOTR run of movies was years over. Maybe all the way up to a few months before An Unexpected Journey. Games of Thrones, mainly because it's television, is WAY easier to follow that's it not funny. Plus, I don't like the added frustration of each movie leading into another. I hate it with the Hobbit and Hunger Games. Most of everything in Game of Thrones is resolved at the end of the season save for Dany's storyline obviously. Plus, the gory violence and grotesque amount of nudity is far from PG-13 fantasy.

Like any pop culture phenomenon, A&E went overboard with the SW coverage.  One version was enough, and they had the right mix of characters.  SW: Texas was OK but nothing great (the Lesa/Jerry Driving Miss Daisy relationship was a head-scratcher and Moe was creepy) and SW: NYC was just pretty bad.

Another thing that didn't help was Mark Balelo's s suicide.

I only keep watching Storage Wars Texas because of my crush on the awesomely dorky Mary Padian.

True Blood needs the Old Yeller treatment.

No never.

True Blood always struck me as Twilight for people with college degrees.

I know quite a few women in their late 20's-30's who go nuts for Twilight. I don't know if that's true everywhere but worth mentioning.

As a man who can honestly say he saw the first Twilight (yes ass was involved), it is NOTHING like True Blood. Equivalent to saying because GOT and LOTR have dragons they're similar versions of one another.

You're right. The acting is better in Twilight.

I went back and looked at all the lists of "Acclaimed shows I won't/haven't watched" in the last few pages, and every single person who made a list has "The Wire" listed.  I see you, guys.

I wasn't a LOTR/Hobbit fan until well after the LOTR run of movies was years over. Maybe all the way up to a few months before An Unexpected Journey. Games of Thrones, mainly because it's television, is WAY easier to follow that's it not funny. Plus, I don't like the added frustration of each movie leading into another. I hate it with the Hobbit and Hunger Games. Most of everything in Game of Thrones is resolved at the end of the season save for Dany's storyline obviously. Plus, the gory violence and grotesque amount of nudity is far from PG-13 fantasy.

I can't even see the two as being close to the same genre.  LotR is a conventional fable or a "proper" (meaning everything resolves properly) Epic. 

GoT is more like stealthy philosophy masquerading as a story.

I know this probably happens a lot, like they use the same houses around LA over and over but I kind of freaked for a second watching an old episode of C.S.I. MIAMI and seeing them stake out the house from MODERN FAMILY (Al Bundy's house).

I'm terrible at noticing stuff like that but I did pick up right away that the Queen mansion in Arrow was the same place they used for Lex's castle on Smallville.

Evidently, it's also the Xavier School in the first three X-movies but at least they dressed it up so it looked different. First time I watched Arrow, I thought they literally re-used exterior shots from Smallville. Then again, the show is on the CW so I wouldn't be shocked if they did.

This was kind of obvious because if you watch even one of those MODERN FAMILY marathons on USA you'll see the same establishing shot of that house at least 20 times.

Now picture Horatio MOTHERFUCKING CAINE!!! standing outside of it with his hands on his hips.

The very next episode has Horatio Caine dating Kimbely Page.  

It's awesome because it's all in flashback since Kimberly is dead, so we get flashbacks of Horatio Caine actually dating someone and having to show affection.  

Whenever they try to do that it's super awkward because the only emotion Caruso is capable of showing toward women is "paternal condescension."

He's the best though.

I think I'll get around to watching Psych soon, based mainly on what people have said here about how meta and smart it is. I really thought it was just generic USA Network buddy cop show #35.

I've seen the odd episode of Dr Who. I'm not overwhelmed, to be honest. David Tennant was fantastic, but everything else seemed simply OKish.  It comes off as positively sophomoric compared to BSG or Firefly.

• Like 1

I've seen the odd episode of Dr Who. I'm not overwhelmed, to be honest. David Tennant was fantastic, but everything else seemed simply OKish.  It comes off as positively sophomoric compared to BSG or Firefly.

Boy, I was with you until you had to bring up goddamn Firefly.  The worst show

• Like 1