DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

I didn't hate it. I might even watch season2 at some point. It started terrible, got better, but didn't come close to its reputation.

But, I hate cop shows in general, which is why I waited so long anyway.

Now I'm giving Boardwalk Empire a chance.

I don't really like cop shows much either, but I've seen a lot of random late night re-runs of all of them over the years L&O, NYPD Blue, etc. I'm ashamed of myself.

I actually haven't watched it myself (yet), but from everything I read about it, I think Fowler would like Friday Nights Lights if he hasn't already watched it.

That and maybe Battlestar Galactica.

Edit:

Season 2 of The Wire has some dramatic shifts, but oddly enough, you might actually prefer the changes, Fowler.  I say "oddly enough" because the season sometimes doesn't get as much love as the others.

Edited by _MJ_

Wonderfalls is awesome. The conceit is ok, the episodes can feel a little long, but the performances are great and the writing is hysterical. My friends and I still quote it. It's too bad it never caught on or got a cult following. They had apparently written out a lot of season two.

• Like 2

Tim Minear was exec. producer!

Jaye Tyler – A 24-year-old graduate of Brown University, at the start of the series Jaye is discontentedly working as a sales clerk at Wonder Falls Gift Emporium and living in a trailer. She avoids her loving—and overbearing—family, whose successes she seems determined not to emulate, spending most of her time at The Barrel, a local bar at which her best friend, Mahandra, is a cocktail waitress. Despite being extremely caustic and a deliberate underachiever, Jaye's life takes an odd turn when various muses, in the form of animal objects, begin talking to her and delivering cryptic instructions. At first uncooperative, Jaye eventually breaks down after they inflict on her various forms of passive coercion, such as keeping her awake all night by singing, and harassing her with their messages when she is around others, forcing her to accede in order to avoid appearing crazy.

Fowler, you were born for this show.

24 years old? Bah, Fowler wants TV shows featuring characters who are closer to Jerry Lawler's wheelhouse

24 IS kinda old.......

Tim Minear was exec. producer!

Jaye Tyler – A 24-year-old graduate of Brown University, at the start of the series Jaye is discontentedly working as a sales clerk at Wonder Falls Gift Emporium and living in a trailer. She avoids her loving—and overbearing—family, whose successes she seems determined not to emulate, spending most of her time at The Barrel, a local bar at which her best friend, Mahandra, is a cocktail waitress. Despite being extremely caustic and a deliberate underachiever, Jaye's life takes an odd turn when various muses, in the form of animal objects, begin talking to her and delivering cryptic instructions. At first uncooperative, Jaye eventually breaks down after they inflict on her various forms of passive coercion, such as keeping her awake all night by singing, and harassing her with their messages when she is around others, forcing her to accede in order to avoid appearing crazy.

Fowler, you were born for this show.

24 years old? Bah, Fowler wants TV shows featuring characters who are closer to Jerry Lawler's wheelhouse

24 IS kinda old.......

in medieval times or in the modern third world. . . 

Brian gives Stewie an STD. Meanwhile, Peter and the guys fight back when another group claims their booth at The Drunken Clam in the all-new "Herpe, the Love Sore" episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, April 6 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FG-1116) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Brian gives Stewie an STD. Meanwhile, Peter and the guys fight back when another group claims their booth at The Drunken Clam in the all-new "Herpe, the Love Sore" episode of FAMILY GUY airing Sunday, April 6 (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FG-1116) (TV-14 D, L, S, V)

Yep, that's family guy now. . . 

So here's an interesting story:

The long-gestating adaptation of POWERS (it was in development hell at FX forever) is finally going to series......on Playstation.

This both intrigues and frightens me. On one hand, more providers of original programming = more opportunities for good shows = yay. On the other, I dread the day that there's a show I really want to watch but I have to buy a specific device to see it.

Are we just gonna ignore Fowler saying Angel season 1 > The Wire Season 1? "ain't the same ballpark, ain't the same league, ain't even the same fuckin' sport.

ANGEL season 4 was better.

Shit. Did i miss the Wonderfalls discussion?

If by discussion you mean me begging people to do themselves the favor of watching it and posting adorable whimsical gifs and being laughed at, then yes.

If by discussion you mean ANYONE TAKING ME SERIOUSLY AND ACTUALLY WATCHING IT then no.

All of this arguing is time wasted that Brian could be loving Wonderfalls. It's basically one of the 32 or so shows in the history of TV made for him.

You can imagine my pain when he replied at me like "the fug you talkin' about weirdo?"

I could have plotzed.