DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

LESTER!! Also, the scene with Rawls and Mcnulty near the beginning of the very next episode is one of my favorites.

Is Rawls the major who rightly hates McNulty?

Seriously, I never have trouble remembering names of characters in any show before this one, but I've got McNulty, Daniels, Lester, Kima, D, Stringer, Wallace, and... idiot cops and crooks I don't fucking care about, and other characters whose names don't stick.

If Omar was a chick you'd be in love with him.

Oh, and Bubbles. Bubbles is great.

Lester and Bubbles are the only two characters the entire season managed to make me give a shit about.

In the first season, I completely agree, Lester and Bubbles carried a lot of that season.  However, I was partial to Daniels especially after his talk to Carver in ep 13.  I still use that monologue in training new managers.

Tim Minear was exec. producer!

Jaye Tyler – A 24-year-old graduate of Brown University, at the start of the series Jaye is discontentedly working as a sales clerk at Wonder Falls Gift Emporium and living in a trailer. She avoids her loving—and overbearing—family, whose successes she seems determined not to emulate, spending most of her time at The Barrel, a local bar at which her best friend, Mahandra, is a cocktail waitress. Despite being extremely caustic and a deliberate underachiever, Jaye's life takes an odd turn when various muses, in the form of animal objects, begin talking to her and delivering cryptic instructions. At first uncooperative, Jaye eventually breaks down after they inflict on her various forms of passive coercion, such as keeping her awake all night by singing, and harassing her with their messages when she is around others, forcing her to accede in order to avoid appearing crazy.

Fowler, you were born for this show.

• Like 1

I am outraged...like actually pained.

I also didn't know until right this moment that Bryan Fuller is doing HANNIBAL.  I may have to watch that now.

Okay, I "liked" this because I like all things related to HANNIBAL, but seriously....Reed and I have been talking this show up for months. DOES NOBODY READ OUR POSTS?

It's the best show on TV right now.

I also didn't know until right this moment that Bryan Fuller is doing HANNIBAL.  I may have to watch that now.

Okay, I "liked" this because I like all things related to HANNIBAL, but seriously....Reed and I have been talking this show up for months. DOES NOBODY READ OUR POSTS?

I had a vague notion I might get to it someday, so I was avoiding spoilers.

But now that I know that it was created by Fuller AND CHARACTERS FROM WONDERFALLS and DEAD LIKE ME show up in it....I am super on board.  Fuller always played things with such a light touch, I'm interested to see him go gothic.

I saw a few episodes of Wonderfalls. Honestly, I wasn't blown away. The whole idea was a bit absurd and it just came off as rather flat.

Fuller's always been pretty hit or miss with me. Occasionally his quirkiness is more a hindrance than anything. Hannibal works because he already had a fairly solid premise (Hannibal Lecter before he got caught), then did his own spin on it. We didn't have to deal with Will having superpowers or Hannibal talking to inanimate objects.

I had a vague notion I might get to it someday, so I was avoiding spoilers.

But now that I know that it was created by Fuller AND CHARACTERS FROM WONDERFALLS and DEAD LIKE ME show up in it....I am super on board.  Fuller always played things with such a light touch, I'm interested to see him go gothic.

I think I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. I've never paid much attention to his stuff before, but I love HANNIBAL and now feel a compulsion to check out the rest of his oeuvre.

Tim Minear was exec. producer!

Jaye Tyler – A 24-year-old graduate of Brown University, at the start of the series Jaye is discontentedly working as a sales clerk at Wonder Falls Gift Emporium and living in a trailer. She avoids her loving—and overbearing—family, whose successes she seems determined not to emulate, spending most of her time at The Barrel, a local bar at which her best friend, Mahandra, is a cocktail waitress. Despite being extremely caustic and a deliberate underachiever, Jaye's life takes an odd turn when various muses, in the form of animal objects, begin talking to her and delivering cryptic instructions. At first uncooperative, Jaye eventually breaks down after they inflict on her various forms of passive coercion, such as keeping her awake all night by singing, and harassing her with their messages when she is around others, forcing her to accede in order to avoid appearing crazy.

Fowler, you were born for this show.

24 years old? Bah, Fowler wants TV shows featuring characters who are closer to Jerry Lawler's wheelhouse.

• Like 1

Fowler and I seem to have a lot of similar tastes, so I'm afraid I'd hate the Wire too if I ever saw it, so now I won't. I'm not a fan of those types of shows in general, topically.